Berserk during "Never fade away" quest locks forever causes permanent dark vignette

+
Not sure if it's a known bug, just happened for me and I have just realized why.

So, ever since the play-as-johnny-sequence at voodoo boys, my screen is constantly super dark during "scan mode", like heavy vignette, and I have this strange buff/debuff icon, I can't find on any help pages. No matter if I restart, reload, sleep, do anything during the game. (But when I load old saves, from before voodoo boys, it's back to normal).
I finally figured out what was the problem: While playing as Johnny, I accidentally pressed "E" which triggered my Berserk, and since Johnny does not have that, it did not triggered 30 seconds countdown (that's the icon I couldn't find anywhere!). This also mean I cannot anymore use Berserk as V, even if I install another system like sangevistan and then come back to Berserk).
Wouldn't be a problem, if only the scan mode worked. But when Berserk is active, the vignette on scan mode is super dark making scan mode almost unusable.

Now I need to go back several hours of playtime and retry "Never Fade Away" without that accidental "E" press.

Hope this will help someone else with the same problem.

Hello!

FIrstly -- what system are you playing on (Xbox, Playstation, PC?) That's important to know. There are sub-categories for each platform. (If on PC, provide specs.)

Secondly, as it's this most common issue for general weirdness, are you using any mods or have you ever used any in the past? Removing mods will not necessarily rule out issues. In fact, removing mods during a playthrough is often the cause of a great many issues.

If you are playing 100% vanilla, never been modded, then the most immediate thing you can do is reload to a point before the issue first occurred and play through again. If it does happen, you can send an official ticket into Support.

Rrrright, it's PC, and I did exactly what you suggested - figured out that the game state was corrupted during the specific mission, and returned to that point. I don't need any further assistance from CPDR, just wanted to provide you the steps to reproduce: have Berserk installed, enter the Johnny's memory (bath at voodoo boys) and start Berserk during one of the shooting scenes.
Whether you want to fix that issue in game - up to you :)

Rrrright, it's PC, and I did exactly what you suggested - figured out that the game state was corrupted during the specific mission, and returned to that point. I don't need any further assistance from CPDR, just wanted to provide you the steps to reproduce: have Berserk installed, enter the Johnny's memory (bath at voodoo boys) and start Berserk during one of the shooting scenes.
Whether you want to fix that issue in game - up to you :)
This is not Official Technical Support -- this is a community tech support board. No one here is going to be able to fix anything, and there's no guarantee that anyone will be able to recreate your bug with your steps. Far too many variables involved to be sure.

If you want official tech support, you need to submit a ticket, as I describe above.

I also notice you haven't answered about the mods. If you've modded your game, Official Tech Support is not going to be able to help you. You'll have to isolate what may be causing the issue on your own. Experimentation time, in that case, or you'll need to begin a new playthrough unmodded and confirm the issue happens in a vanilla game. (This requires a completely new character and save file -- removing mods is not enough. That can often be the cause of many issues.)

P.S. -- I'm referring to game mods, not the Berserk "mods" (augments) that you install on your character.

Top Bottom