Best damage type to get for guns?

+
Each damage type has it's own Damage over time effect. Bleed is the physical DOT, Poison is the chemical DOT, Shock is the Electrical DOT, Fire is the Thermal DOT etc.

To answer the question, yes, bleed is linked with blade weapons due to some perks but its not exclusive to them. Any gun/ranged weapon can roll with physical damage.

but the question is if those bleeding perks add to ranged weapons with bleed DOT as well

100% Thermal, not even a question. Try to get the weapon called Fenrir, keep maxing it, you are fine for the whole game. It's ridiculously OP, the only thing you need to do is keep crafting bullets.

100% Thermal, not even a question. Try to get the weapon called Fenrir, keep maxing it, you are fine for the whole game. It's ridiculously OP, the only thing you need to do is keep crafting bullets.

Depends on the weakness type. As an example, why use Thermal in Santa Domingo when all 6th Street gankers there are weak to chemical damage?

It may sound pedantic but playing on very hard and using the right damage type depending on who you fight is very helpful. Combat encounters are going so much smoother.

Do all DOTs work on all targets? I mean does bleeding work on robots e.g.?

Just a curiosity actually.
I prefer guns/builds with low fire rate and high alpha dmg, so I play stealth+revolvers for one-shots in heads.
So for me, the one helpful damage type is electrical, due to robots can still shoot without heads and some of them do not have heads :/
And electrical just make make more damage to robots and let me one-shot them too.

Top Bottom