Best way to start Phantom Lib

+
What's the best way to start playing Phantom Lib?
Should I start a new game, or go to a safe before the main quest Point of No Return? Or, something else?
I'd prefer not to have to do the main quest again. Thanks

Honestly, it doesn't really matter. Restarting a new playthrough is not required at all.
I started myself Phantom Liberty after reaching the point of no return and completing almost all the "important" side quests, which is "better" in my opinion, because you'll have some additionnal flavor dialogues/options you wouldn't have if you "rush" into Phantom Liberty.

So, if you have a playthrough on which you completed almost everything and don't really want to start over, it's fine ;)

Depends on how you want to experience it.

It can be fine to just play the base game story to it's point of no return, then head into Phantom Liberty.

You can also dip into Phantom Liberty early and do the first few missions until you regain access to the rest of the game (Lucrecia My Reflection, the 3rd mission) so you can access a few of the PL features like the iconics from Airdrops, car acquisition events, unique cyberware and Relic skills. Then continue playing base game until the point of no return.

Or you can simply head into Phantom Liberty right away and get to it's point of no return before going back to the base game.

Either way is fine. It just depends on your preference and how you want to experience the story.

Personally, I like to dip into PL for those few missions, just to access some of the items and relic skills since they provide additional gameplay options to utilize while playing the rest of the game.

If you don't want to start a new game then I'd suggest loading a save before the point of no return, especially if you've completed most of the base game as some things you do in the base game can affect dialogue and gameplay parts in PL, if only minor stuff. Though the same is true if you play PL before playing a lot of the base game. In fact, it's really surprising how many additions to the base game main quest are in if you play PL before doing certain base game quests.

There's some flavor dialogues after if you do rush into PL as well. Not sure if there's more one way or the other. There's a choice that offers less variety and is slightly more than "flavor" is rush into PL. It's not super important so I wouldn't factor it in.

I think CDPR did a good job weaving the main story and PL together whichever way you do it. I think you'll have fun whichever way you go.
Post automatically merged:

I was thinking on it some more last night. There a a couple things I forgot about yesterday that made me want to adjust my response a little to this: You'll get the most flavor from PL by doing it late, assuming that is what you are looking for.

IDK, I started thinking my input wasn't that helpful. Like maybe you don't have a lot of time to play so maybe you want to get more flavor stuff out of PL because it might be a while till you get to another run through.

Last edited:
Top Bottom