BFC 9000 trigger?...

+
Hey there did anyone already figured out the trigger for the new BFC 9000 iconic? Its obtainable on a AV crashside in Santa Domingos/Rancho Coronado..... yet in several reddit-threads and yt-vids people are reporting the AV and NPC wont spawn for them (including my current char). It's rumored that its a one-time event and if you miss it its gone for good... but i cant believe this thesis because even the drive with Takamura in the beginnig of act 2 or Claires Races would make this weapon unobtainable.... other thoughts are its time-gated like some of the XMOD-2 iconics but testing to go there every single hr also didnt make it trigger... so yeah any idea what requirements this iconic needs to get spawned?

or is it just bugged like so many other things in 2.1.... ?

Last edited:
so noone knows hmm? the one-time only event seems more and more credible.... if so thats really bad game design that you can miss it throughout mainstory quests or side gigs in that region....

BFC 9000 is super bugged.

If you have passed through the area once, it will spawn and if you don't pick it, it's gone, forever.

Worse part, it doesn't appear in black market vendor.
Post automatically merged:

I have sent a bug for it.
got standard reply.
replied again but no response since

Last edited:
What starts that encounter is "mws_arr_07_started" questfact. It is added when you approach the event zone. If this tag is in your questfacts list, the event checks for it and does not spawn again. I think that if you remove that questfact from your save it should spawn. But the save editor would not let you do that, you could try to remove it with notepad++, or HxD, but I have no idea how exactly the save is encoded.

Last edited:
Hopefully it’ll get fixed officially since PS5 and Xbox can’t save-edit that easily : /

curious what the devs were thinking adding it this way…

So... This just reminded me I'd like BFG10k from Quake imported. Betcha that weapon would wipe Smasher in a few splashes.

Last edited:
I am hoping for a fix.
In act2 PLAYING FOR TIME, the AV crash must have occurred during the drive with takemura and the event disappeared as it was. I have seen this information.

There has to be some prerequisite for it to spawn. It doesn't de-spawn on one of my level 50 save files.
The event shows for my level 50, Male V, Corpo at every save after The Heist. The event spawns with my latest save after I've been past that area many times. with Goro, Claire, and Cap'. The event spawns the moment I can fast travel leave Watson.

The event doesn't spawn, on any saves with my level 50, female V, Corpo. It seems like it's just bugged.

Downloaded console command mod.
Game.AddToInventory("Items.Preset_Dildo_SexShop", 1)

Done.

Last edited:
i have the same issue with my ongoing game on PC.
I preparing now for PL and run through all ending of the main game.
If load any save before the first point of no return the BFC 9000 event was available!
Now after the endings and continue the game for PL the event de-spawn and not seen any more until today.
Hope this BUG will fixed soon or anybody tell us how to trigger the event again

As for now the script is written in a way that it will never spawn again - I think @Farbros9 (?) posted the code fragment somewhere in the 2.1 Bug thread…

edit: I just saw he already explained it here as well - my bad ^^‘

Top Bottom