Birna Bran?

+
Birna Bran?

I just got her in the Keg and i'm wondering if i should disenchant her?
I'm probably missing something since i'm new, but it seems like a bad card.
Can someone explain how this is a good card? I'll hold off the disenchant until i get some opinions.

Thanks in advance!

Birna is pretty awesome.

Draw 3 cards, put 1 in your hand and discard 2 others. First, it gives you options. Most spy cards give you what you get and you live with it. Secondly, most of Skellige's power comes from having units in your graveyard anyway. She accomplishes both.

If you plan on having a Skellige deck, keep her. She's a staple. If you plan on never playing Skellige, mill her. But she's more valuable to me than 200 scraps.

• Gives you card advantage
  • Allows you to thin your deck by 3 cards
  • provides discard synergy
  • allows you to dig for your win conditions
Granted you give your opponent 12 gold strength (14 if NR), but honestly that is not a huge thing to deal with, especially when you can play her in a round you can afford to loose.

Birna Bran is an excellent card. She helps you to gain card advantage over your opponent since you add a card to your hand when you play her, thus keeping your hand the same size. Also, you get to pick which of the three cards you want to keep, while the others go to the discard pile, where they are accessible to Skellige's numerous medics. She thus helps you play more of your deck. Due to her strength, you don't really want to play her during a round you want to win. I find it's best to try to win the first round, then play her in the second and lose the round. If you play her in the first round, your opponent can usually pass right away due to the power advantage s/he will likely have. If you won the first round, you can force your opponent to waste an additional card in the second since they cannot pass.

Thank you guys, i guess she is pretty good if you have a decent deck. But for a new player like me with a starter deck, not so much i guess.. i'll keep her for future use. Thanks again

I have to say I'm pretty unimpressed with spy units as skellige. She just gives the enemy way too much strength to matter .Granted I am playing a pirate captain discard deck since it's all I got. What deck would she be useful in? I'm level 8 now and won like 7 games in a row then opened some packs and got birna, svrange, and already had donar. Every single game since then I've lost when I draw my spies. As soon as I don't have them I win again.

Admittedly, SK Spies are better in a crippler deck, since you can do two damage to them after you play them, including Birna, since the leader affects gold creatures. Also, if played early in a round, Birna is very good with Bekker's Twisted Mirror.

But no amount of point deficit detracts from the option of card advantage in my book. Even down 30 points, if I have two cards more than my opponent, I should be able to figure out how to win in most instances.

IMO it's an ok card... as it's only giving advantage if you are luck enough otherwise you are giving 12 gold strength to opp. [ 14 to NR ] & if you draw mixture of gold / silver / special cards then you are wasting 2 imp. cards so it's a huge loss for you.

And I am really unlucky with this card as most of the time I got gold & special cards only so yehhh sometime it saves you but most of the time it's a mess :/

Gamgee;n7777130 said:
I have to say I'm pretty unimpressed with spy units as skellige. She just gives the enemy way too much strength to matter .Granted I am playing a pirate captain discard deck since it's all I got. What deck would she be useful in? I'm level 8 now and won like 7 games in a row then opened some packs and got birna, svrange, and already had donar. Every single game since then I've lost when I draw my spies. As soon as I don't have them I win again.

They generate CARD ADVANTAGE. You use them in the round you want to lose. For example, win round 1, lose round 2 win round 3. Or lose round 1 win the 2 next ones.

KasumiGoto;n7778380 said:
They generate CARD ADVANTAGE. You use them in the round you want to lose. For example, win round 1, lose round 2 win round 3. Or lose round 1 win the 2 next ones.

They do generate advantage but its usually only about... 40-50% of the time for me. Just as often I get screwed over by getting the cards I needed for my rez deck combo sent to the grave. Especially against a good chunk of monster decks. The enemy usually has some killer combo I would much rather get off my own full powered combos off reliably then trying to get lucky with draws. I do like having one spy just in case I think I need it, but anymore than that is wasting space. It's not uncommon to play my spies and end up at negative card advantage. I don't even know how that happens is it a bug or something?

Anyways they are a niche card good to have one just in case but I don't really on gambling in my decks. Too many times I get my two or even three spies use them and they discard the cards I needed for my combos. I have pretty bad luck and say this happens more often than not. I agree with you teh witcher. It's okay and situational. I've also used the mirror card and love it when it works. I do get a weird glitch sometimes where it doesn't take effect. Or it partially does where I get the boost and my enemy's number says it's reduced but his total is the same. It's got to be a glitch. 70% of the time it works like a charm but that other quarter of the time something weird keeps happening. It's pissing me off, but anyways that is definitely a glitch I have to report.

Ohh and I forgot to mention that against monster or nilfgaard it's more worst as if other two cards which you discard is important & you decided to resurrect later & if opp. is smart then monsters can steal those cards with care taker or griffins as well banish one card with Katakan or ng can steal withvicovaro medic.

Yes & now NR can banish one card with Deathmold :/

Lim3zer0;n7759410 said:
  • Gives you card advantage
  • Allows you to thin your deck by 3 cards
  • provides discard synergy
  • allows you to dig for your win conditions
Granted you give your opponent 12 gold strength (14 if NR), but honestly that is not a huge thing to deal with, especially when you can play her in a round you can afford to loose.

Yup and especially since a good SK reanimation deck can take even the round she comes out. I regularly win rounds with her on the board, with Queens guard/Cerys combo for example.

Top Bottom