Blurry Billboards and Road Signs?

+
Hey, i have the problem that most of the ad signs, billboards and road signs are extremely blurry/muddy when i'm driving through Night City. The textures are so low-res that it's impossible to read the road signs for example (which is a serious gameplay problem for me, as i like to play without minimap). It seems much better when running on foot, even though not completely gone.

All the other textures are fine, it just seems to be a LOD-problem when streaming textures really fast while driving through the city. It must be a streaming problem since it's enough to look in another direction to get the boards and signs out of FOV and turn around again and the textures are completely fine (see the screenshots).

Does anybody else have this problem? Maybe even found a way to fix it?

Attachments

• CP1.png
    CP1.png
    2.5 MB · Views: 1,233
  • CP2.png
    CP2.png
    2.1 MB · Views: 945
I have the exact same issue. I've assumed it's a DLSS function, but haven't tried to toggle it to check.

Been there, i thought the same and deactivated it just to check. It doesn't seem to be the problem. The issue remains without DLSS as well.

@hulkman2456: yeah, i read about that. But i've got the problem well before 1.1. And i really hope they don't lower the LOD to N64 levels. ;-) Cause that's how the ads and road signs look for me right now.

Same here. It seems Patch 1.1 has changed the way your GPU handles certain graphic areas.

Your 1st attached picture seems to indicate some kind of blur, right?
I don't think it's completely wrong as surroundings often gets blurred during movement? Especially when moving at high speed?

Atmospheric Fog setting on ultra helps with street lamps and general lighting blur on windows

makes no sense to me but it helped and was worse on low

@Mushashi7: It is blurry indeed, but it stays that way even when i stand right before the objects. I wasn't moving at all in the screenshot. It really seems to be a LOD problem, it is way better when i'm moving on foot. Slower movement, more time to change the texture LOD, i guess. But it only affects some textures, others are totally okay with decent LOD changes that i barely notice, just like it should be.

And yes, Patch 1.1 seems to make it worse, but, as i said, i had the issue on billboards and road signs before the patch.

@HazadoV: that doesn't seem to be the problem, i have Volumetric Fog on Ultra already.

@Mushashi7: It is blurry indeed, but it stays that way even when i stand right before the objects. I wasn't moving at all in the screenshot. It really seems to be a LOD problem, it is way better when i'm moving on foot. Slower movement, more time to change the texture LOD, i guess. But it only affects some textures, others are totally okay with decent LOD changes that i barely notice, just like it should be.

And yes, Patch 1.1 seems to make it worse, but, as i said, i had the issue on billboards and road signs before the patch.

@HazadoV: that doesn't seem to be the problem, i have Volumetric Fog on Ultra already.
Yea it was changing the quality for me the other day, now it doesn't matter what setting I put it on. It is pretty ugly when it happens

used tips from above link and it definitely made a difference
Post automatically merged:

use these tips worked for me

Last edited:
Thx man. But that's not my problem. Just look at my screenshots, that has nothing to do with Fog or Lighting. It must be a LOD/streaming problem, the textures are blurry and don't get sharp when i approach objects. I have no real problem with lighting blur (the shitty textures distract me too much to notice that..;-)...), although i'll try those tweaks out, that looks quite good.

Yeah this sounds like the game cannot change to the correct MIP in time. It is not uncommon issue in open world games, expecially if you aremoving fast.

Do you use SDD?

Yeah, i do. Game's installed on a M.2 SSD. Hardware related there shouldn't be any problems with streaming, my rig is more than capable for the game. That's what's weird. And as i said, most textures are totally fine, sharp as they should be. Only the billboards and road signs look like Nintendo64.

Top Bottom