Bottleneck with 12900K and Rtx 4090? Using dlss performance

+
I go to 1080P + ULTRA PERFORMANCE DLSS,and my fps stay the same. 90-100fps in that scene.

gpu usage 50%. Screen:

I compared with someone with 12700K ,3080 ti and he have here 110-120fps on the same settings. No bottleneck.

So why he have on the same place 110-120 fps and 80-90% usage? i have 90-100fps and gpu usage 50%

0:15 second

Last edited:
I don't know if that has been said already. But maybe you need to activate Resizable BAR, you get some more FPS with that in CP2077.

And it's complete NONSENSE playing the game in 1080p or 1440p with DLSS with a RTX 4090. I mean of course you get CPU bottlenecked, especially if you also activate DLSS Ultra Performance, i mean why do such things anyway.

If you want to use DLSS only use Quality mode!

Yes i understand. Just for test. When i go to 1080P and use DLSS QUALITY i dont have fps increase on my 12900K. When someone with 13900K have better fps. Is this because i have 12900K?

Hey.

Many thoughts here. If I had a 4090, first off, I'd hate all other troubles that have been trailing its release; and this one would drive me into a deep-dive until it's solved.

One thought. Are you testing them in the same rig? Do you do DDU driver removal and reinstall every time you swap them? If not, see, there could be things remaining on the system that were intended for the 3080 Ti, which are crippling the 4090 performance.

Check this out if you were simply swapping the graphics cards and haven't used DDU before.

By the way, when you do benchmark, may I suggest that you use the built-in CP2077 benchmark and post its numbers? Do you know how to run it?

Last edited:
So why switching to DLSS PERFORMANCE it not giving me more fps? It stayed on 102fps on dlss quality and performance. Only gpu usage is changing. Something wrong?
No, Cyberpunk needs a CPU from the future to get more than 102 fps with raytracing enabled.

Only some PC's with like a 13900k can run it at a higher rate but still not much higher.
Basically what determines your CPU performance is how many frames it can process before the graphics card needs a new frame for rendering.
The CPU does almost nothing with regard to actual graphics and has no relation to resolution/performance.
Cyberpunk needs a very high-end cpu for high framerates, especially when RT is enabled.
So what you are seeing is completely normal behaviour of the game engine reaching it's limit with regard to your processors performance.
Lowering resolution (or lowering DLSS quality, which is basically the same) has no effect on performance once the limit is the CPU.

sw333

Forum regular
Hey guys. I see there is released new DLSS 3 update to game? Nice. I cant test because my monitor AORUS FI27Q get damaged ( psu broken ) and tripped breaker in house and power went out. Tommorow sending to rma monitor. And must wait 2 weeks for new monitor. Is this worth to wait? Thx.
Also rma monitor and keep my pc? Or sell all pc parts or buy new pc? Pc is working when i pressing power button. Only monitor refuse to power on.

Now i am in laptop.

Last edited:
Yes thanks to frame generation you will be much less CPU bottlenecked. For those who own a 4090 of course it's worth waiting, that is basically one of Lovelace's most advertised features.

What kind of question is the other one? Why should you sell your whole PC if the monitor is the only component that got broken?! LOL

sw333

Forum regular
Yes thanks to frame generation you will be much less CPU bottlenecked. For those who own a 4090 of course it's worth waiting, that is basically one of Lovelace's most advertised features.

What kind of question is the other one? Why should you sell your whole PC if the monitor is the only component that got broken?! LOL
1-2 weeks without pc ( monitor ) it will be so painfful :(

Last edited:

sw333

Forum regular
Hi guys. I have an question. When i am not using FG OFF and DLSS3 OFF, i have between 80-110fps using 1440P DLSS 2 QUALITY.
I found someone have 150fps on 1440P with DLSS2 and 100fps on 4k. Is this possible? I ask about using RT and he said RT is on ULTRA.Link:

He have 12900K and rtx 4090 like me.

Last edited:
Top Bottom