[BUG] 2.11 - V's mouth locked in Rooftop Ending (and at least 2 other scenes) after Killing Moon quest (UPDATED)

+
UPDATE 2/2/2024:

So I've tested this on a completely clean playthrough and, as of patch 2.11, the "Killing Moon" quest causes at least 3 scenes to disable V's mouth.

Those scenes are:
1. "The Path of Least Resistance" rooftop ending
2. The mirror scene during "For Whom the Bell Tolls"
3. The mirror scene during "New Dawn Fades"

Have sent a report so should see a fix later (y)

Original Post:

Any non-mod users getting this bug?

It seems that in my playthrough, after completing Killing Moon, V's mouth just stops moving.

I posted a vid here:

https://www.reddit.com/r/LowSodiumCyberpunk/comments/187ajtq
I've been using basic archive mods in my playthroughs so it could be that, but I'm wondering if any non-mod users could quickly test out and confirm?

If so, feel free to report and link to video:

Last edited:
I think this is on purpose. She "talks" to Johnny in this scene. That means: This whole conversation is just in her head.

I think this is on purpose. She "talks" to Johnny in this scene. That means: This whole conversation is just in her head.

Definitely not on purpose. It’s a bug. V’s mouth is absolutely supposed to be animated there. I mean you can literally see how it’s meant to be in the video. And it’s not just this cutscene either btw (the rooftop was just the most convenient one to film for the sake of example); Killing Moon was affecting other cutscenes as well. I think the Tower ending was unaffected, but I haven’t tested that yet.

I get that you’re trying to find a way to rationalise this but, trust me, CDPR made an artistic choice to have her physically speak. You’d really nerf the emotional value of the scene otherwise.

Right now I’m still doing a clean 2.1 playthrough - reproducing this bug and filming all the endings is one of my priorities (I’ll be testing with and without PL, and I’ll be testing Killing Moon vs Somewhat Damaged).

Has no one else here encountered this bug?

Last edited:
Nope. I think it's the "suicide" ending, the final dialogue with Johnny which is in third person ;)
Well that's the answer then. You'd have to have done Killing Moon, then the secret ending, then be one of the few people who posts on these forums. I'm not surprised a ton of people haven't noticed this yet if it's really a bug.

Well that's the answer then. You'd have to have done Killing Moon, then the secret ending, then be one of the few people who posts on these forums. I'm not surprised a ton of people haven't noticed this yet if it's really a bug.
I don’t think it’s the secret ending he meant - more the giving up ending ^^

Don’t fear the reaper doesn’t have a 3rd person view cutscene between V & Johnny out of cyberspace afaik…

Last edited:
@Zem Nope. Dang, have people already forgotten how the endings go for this game? The example in the video is from the "Path of Least Resistance" ending. It's the most accessible ending out of the lot. Surprised the veterans are saying "I think it's" / "I don't think it's". I'm gonna take this as a sign that I've been playing this game way too much the past few years... :giveup:

One reason those reddit threads haven't gotten much traction is because they're spoiler-tagged (the video isn't going to jump out at people; it's blurred out). Also I tried posting about it on the Cyberpunk subreddit, but they deleted it because it had "killing moon" in the title.
In any case, I'm not sure if it really matters. Once it gets officially reported to CDPR, they'll fix it. I personally haven't been able to do that yet, because the video in the OP was from a modded playthrough (I'm in the process of reproducing the issue in a clean one).

That said, I am surprised no one else on this forum has confirmed the bug's existence so hopefully it was just mod-related (although I have a feeling that new players who don't use mods are seeing this bug and simply not realising it's a bug).

The last time I see this ending by myself, it was a bit more than 3 years ago now...
This. I only saw it once in 3k hours played - like LeKill 3 years ago directly after launch just for completion and never touched it again. Giving up isn’t an option neither IRL nor in games ^^

Possible :p
But maybe because it's the least played ending I guess (and likely the least favorite too^^)
The last time I see this ending by myself, it was a bit more than 3 years ago now...

Not me 3 years after using a videogame to get through a pandemic:

"C'mon Koalahugs... Get it together"
Post automatically merged:

This. I only saw it once in 3k hours played - like LeKill 3 years ago directly after launch just for completion and never touched it again. Giving up isn’t an option neither IRL nor in games ^^

I mean that's totally fair. I always quick-save before I sit down with Misty though so I always quickly watch it in all my playthroughs anyway because I like watching them talk. Always reload to do the other endings. Star is my main. In any case, it's not only this ending that's affected, it's just the least laborious and most convenient to film. So I'm surprised there's a lack of complaints there vis-à-vis the other endings. I'll film the other ones this time round.

Last edited:
Imo, if Johnny opens his mouth, there's little reason for V not to do the same.
I know, I know, the dialogue happens in V's head, and they don't have to open their mouth for Johnny to hear them. But still.

Also, yeah, 3rd person dialogues are ... not guaranteed to work in the game, right? There yeh go.

Have updated the original post. As of 2.11, V's mouth is disabled in at least 3 scenes after doing the Killing Moon quest. Sent a report to tech support (y)
If you don't do Killing Moon, those scenes will work normally.

Top Bottom