Bug: Card Effect - Highest/Lowest ties are not resolved randomly

+
Bug: Card Effect - Highest/Lowest ties are not resolved randomly

Bug: Cards with Highest/Lowest Power targets do not resolve ties randomly

Steps to reproduce:
1) Place 2 or more copies of the same Unit on Board, eg. I placed 3 Wild Hunt Riders ;
2) Use a card or let the opponent use a card that targets by the terms Highest or Lowest Power Unit, eg. Scorch.

Actual result: all the copies of the card are destroyed despite the card tooltip stating that "ties are resolved randomly".

Expected result: only one copy should be destroyed, chosen randomly.

Unsure if this is intended in the game mechanics or not? The cards tooltips do seem to let us think otherwise. Any clue on that? If not a bug, then tooltips about Highest/Lowest mechanic need to be clarify to the players.

Last edited:
It is not a bug : a few cards can affect multiple cards if they have the same value. To differenciate them, you have to read careful and look for "s". For instance, Yennefer the Conjuror affect the Highest Unit(s) on your opponent side of the board. Since it is multiple Units, hence the "s", they affect more than one but they all must share the same value. Other cards will only affect one highest at best, that is the case of Ragh Nar Roog or Lowest, that is the case of Drought.

For Scorch, since you used it, the tooltip reads : Destroy the Highest Unit(s). As written, it can affect multiple targets, IF the targets share the same value and IF they are the highest digit on either side of the board.

I see! I did notice the (s) on some card info and wondered. Thanks for clarifying! Perhaps this needs to be clarified in the card infos? It is too subtle! Wouldn't expect a game-changer mechanic to depend on parenthesis. :')

Top Bottom