[BUG] - Patch 2.01 Radio Now Entirely Muffles Vehicle Sounds

+
Since 2.01 dropped the radio is now entirely muffling and lowering the vehicle sounds, even if the radio volume in the settings is put extremely low.
  • Radio OFF = Vehicle sounds perfectly normal.
  • Radio ON = Vehicle sounds completely muffled/lowered.

Had absolutely zero audio issues pre-2.1, both the radio and vehicle sounds were perfect and now I have to have the radio completely turned off otherwise I can't hear the vehicle itself.

Last edited:
I've had a similar issue...I was in a busy area, surrounded by vendors and other NPC's. I believe music was playing somewhere in the background. While I was talking to the vendor, the sound effects related to my character were loud and clear, yet everything else had become muffled. After walking around a little bit, the sound corrected itself.

Prior to this latest patch, I haven't had any issues.

Xbox Series X, pre 2.0 characters.

Yes! I have the same issue after the 2.01 update. Audio mix was perfect before 2.01, now I can barely hear vehicle sound effects. It's driving me so crazy that I don't want to play anymore, despite this being one of my favorite games. It's such a shame since they made the vehicles sound so good after the 2.0 update. Wish it was possible to roll back updates on steam.

Edit: By the way, good catch that it's directly connected to the radio. When the radio is set to "NO STATION" the vehicle sound effects are normal. Which makes me think it was an intentional change as part of "Vehicle radio volume has been adjusted so it's no longer too quiet compared to other sounds in the game." Why couldn't they just allow players to increase the maximum volume of the radio instead of muffling the sound effects? The vehicle radio volume was fine before, anyways.

Last edited:
Just came to say that I'm having the exact same issue :( I feel like is the opposite now, radio up car engine down and it's sad because the new vehicle sounds are super good, any mods to fix this? because I feel like it's gonna stay this way as the majority prefers the music probably

All they needed to do all they ever needed to do is make the game work. The only things that should have been on this patch was quest fixes and Bug fixes period. Also a fix to the crashes the performance and the PS5 save corruptions. Yet we get things like this things like cyberware arm changes and other changes that have caused more harm than good. It's really starting to seem like incompetence.

Yup I just created an account to post this. I immediately noticed this when I booted up after the 2.0.1 patch was installed. Not only that but the reverb sound (the car engine sound reflecting off of a nearby wall or building for example and then back to you) now nearly sounds the same volume as the direct volume from the car itself, giving this weird almost "doubled sound" effect in a lot of areas, that doesn't sound like realistic/accurate reverb.

Yes, some radio stations seemed too quiet before but now the car's engine sound is so low in the mix it's terrible. And adjusting it is pretty much not a viable solution as to raise it you'd have to raise the SFX volume, but now that will raise the effects of shooting and even simple things like looting to volume levels that are undesirable. Hell, even with the SFX raised to compensate for the muffled engine audio with the radio playing, now if you turn the radio off for a sec the car engine sound can be TOO LOUD as a result lol...

Car engine volume was perfect in the mix before and it's just the radio that needed to be raised a little, which would still give us the ability to tweak via the "car radio volume" slider in-game. Car engine volume is now totally out of whack with everything else in the game.

Last edited:
After today's 2.0.1 patch, when a radio station is playing, the volume of car sounds like engine, horn, tires screeching etc. get severely lowered in the mix to a point where they're almost inaudible. I know the 2.0.1 patch mentioned car radio being too low previously, but surely lowering car sounds isn't the intended fix for this? Additionally, it's not just that the car sounds are too low compared to the radio, it's that if the radio is playing, the car sounds are just low compared to everything. Even if you lower the car radio volume in the settings, the car engine volume still sounds too low relative to all of the other sounds in the mix. Raising the SFX volume, while lowering everything else, also isn't a viable solution as now even simple things like looting boxes is too loud.

I'm hopeful for a fix, as this has made driving utterly unenjoyable for me now.

Exactly! Why didn’t they just raise the volume of the radio and keep the car engine the same? It seems like an obvious thing to do.

I think it was perfect prior to 2.0…

I have encountered a view instances of muffled car radio too, as if I was standing outside the car and the radio was playing. It sounded much like how being outside of the clubs, you hear the bass more prominently with the high frequencies being lower.

So, I'm hoping this low car engine volume is simply a audio mix bug and isn't intentional so it can get fixed. If it doesn't, I think I'll just roll back to 2.0 patch, as even with some issues (cyberware capacity shards seem to never drop and weapon wall bugged for crafted iconic weapons), the game was very enjoyable for me. This low engine volume makes driving, which is often how I like to travel in the game, utterly unenjoyable for me now.

the sound is terrible. i have been tweaking and retweaking and it's ruining the game for me. I like the driving aspect so much I usually drive 3-4km rather than fast travel. FIX IT.

So, I'm hoping this low car engine volume is simply a audio mix bug and isn't intentional so it can get fixed. This low engine volume makes driving, which is often how I like to travel in the game, utterly unenjoyable for me now.
Same unfortunately.

Though it definitely is a bug because as I've shown in the video, even with the radio almost fully muted it is lowering vehicle sounds to the point we can barely hear it. Quite annoying to have to now avoid using the radio entirely until they fix the "fix" :D

I have the exact opposite. Can't hear the radio, vehicle sounds are normal. Using default sound settings.

Same. Vehicle sounds were incredible for the few days between 2.0 and 2.01. Now, I can't tell a difference (with radio on) from car audio pre-2.0. It's a bit concerning that they felt like THIS, of all things, was an issue that needed to be addressed.

Still no Radio UI and Tone in Vehicles, every Radio in the Landscape is like in wisper mode.... The wall is still showing Zero crafted Weapons. Weapons from Enemies are often 90% stuck in the ground and the Weapon Symbol is missing completly. Using a Vehicle after standing on a Street, the next Car behind me, crashes into me like it needs to win the Formula One Grand Prix... Flying Bodys after hacking them. Coming from a Menu Screen into the Game sometimes produces a Light Flash like someone stuck a Flashbang into V's Mouth and detonated it... Some Crafting Recipes are no where to be found so far... Downgraded Cyberware after loading. Regular Gamecrashes wich seem to be fixed with 2.01 so far.
All that new Featuresa with 2.0 wich still persist after 2.01. The only good and realy nice Feature was the Police and that was nothing wich bothered me a lot.
I do not like the new Car System. Don't know though if it was added in 2.0. Last Time I played was 1.62 and I had nearly nothing to complain about. Even at Game release nearly everything worked except for the Burning Croch Quest wich was fixed later. But now after 2.0 wow what a Bug Party...
I thought I give it another playthrough before going for Phantom Liberty but as things stand at the Moment I am having quite a lot of Doubts. Why would I purchase Something that makes things worse. If I want to play Bugfree I could always go for the legacy Patch.

Unfortunately it is not a BUG in general, it is intentionally. It is also in the Patch Notes:
1696620526872.png

I hope they revert it, because it was perfect before. I think they wanted to achieve a cinematic approach with the radio. It now feels like I'm driving in a commercial or something similar. :ROFLMAO: But I think it is the wrong approach and immersion breaking.

Last edited:
Dude, this along with all the jabby in your face ways they implemented desired features almost feels like a big middle finger. Like they're just angrily cranking the knob all the way to 11 whenever people complain at this point. lmao. I'm very positive that isn't happening, but man... not good

Last edited:
Unfortunately it is not a BUG -snip-

Incorrect, they are actively gathering data on the issue;

Cyberpunk 2077 Support said:
Thank you for reaching out and bringing this to our attention.

We'll be gathering data on this issue

Didn't wish to say anything because people usually stop sending bug reports directly to Support whenever I do, but yes they are investigating this bug.

Unfortunately it is not a BUG, it is intentionally. It is also in the Patch Notes:
View attachment 11367847
I hope they revert it, because it was perfect before. I think they wanted to achieve a cinematic approach with the radio. It now feels like I'm driving in a commercial or something similar. :ROFLMAO: But I think it is the wrong approach and immersion breaking.

I get what you're saying but still, the patchnotes imply just the radio volume was adjusted and not vehicle sound effects volume, which is clearly not what's happened, so reporting it as something unintentional/bug is fair. Regardless of whether it's technically a bug or not is really just semantics and irrelevant. It's a bad change somewhat contradictory to the patchnotes and should be reported.

Confirming same issue. Really breaks immersion while driving now. Lost most of the car tire and engine sounds when songs play. Works fine with radio off option.

Top Bottom