[Bug] TV sound missing after 2.1.2

+
After patch 2.1.2 lot's of TV show audio is missing. Especially during the news casts, and the mayoral advertisements, such as for Wheldon Holt.
I have tried with mods and without any mods, makes no difference, the missing audio still happens. So it is not mod related and in the base vanilla game.

I have tried with mods and without any mods

Now what do you mean by that?

A lot of people make the mistake of thinking that turning off mods through the launcher/Vortex or removing modded files automatically reverts back to vanilla - it does not.

What steps have you actually taken to ensure a vanilla state?

Because this is not something I'm experiencing on my truly vanilla game and without knowing if you actually are in vanilla state, there is no way to know if this is worth reporting to CDPR at all.

Fresh separate install, different PC with no mods installed. I've also now verified with multiple other people who are experiencing the same problem. Some TV "shows" now no longer have any audio. With 2.1.1 they worked fine.
Post automatically merged:

A lot of people make the mistake of thinking that turning off mods through the launcher/Vortex or removing modded files automatically reverts back to vanilla - it does not.

Because this is not something I'm experiencing on my truly vanilla game and without knowing if you actually are in vanilla state, there is no way to know if this is worth reporting to CDPR at all.
Fresh separate install, different PC with no mods installed. I've also now verified with multiple other people who are experiencing the same problem. Some TV "shows" now no longer have any audio. With 2.1.1 they worked fine.

Then you should file a report here:

I guess "performance issues" is what's closest to describing this issue. At least, none of the other categories fit in my opinion.

The forum isn't an official way of reporting any bug you encounter.

Then you should file a report here:

I guess "performance issues" is what's closest to describing this issue. At least, none of the other categories fit in my opinion.

The forum isn't an official way of reporting any bug you encounter.
Yep, already submitted a bug report. Thanks.

I just to confirm some tv shows do indeed missing sound. Fresh victim after 2.12 is Gillian Jordan and her news segment, that is often played in V's megabuilding elevator to parking lot.

Yup, can confirm lots of missing audio for TV shows. Not always, but pretty often. Clean 2.12 installation here, currently doing a fresh test playthrough.

The Holt advert has always had missing audio as far as I can remember though, not sure why that's still broken.
Same with the "Your Business is My Business" show.

I would report this as a sound issue:

Can confirm as well, on a Fresh play-through.

If someone looks into those sound issues, they also might want to drive a Mizutani Shion. Itss engine sounds cuts off after a minute or two.

Last edited:
There appears to be several broken sounds in 2.1.2 that were not causing issues in 2.1.1. I wonder if it's a more global issue they introduced. I haven't found a way to fix any of this either. Maybe a hotfix? Small chance I suppose.

Yeah, that's unfortunate. Attempts to fix it are happening here, but we really need an official. fix.

I'm also seeing this on a new playthrough. Seems to happen very commonly in V's building's elevator. I'm not certain but I THINK it started once I was in act 2, not before. Many TVs play fine so I wonder if this is specific to the "important" screens designed to start newscasts of events from their very beginning whenever V comes close, to relay plot information to the player, rather than "normal" screens that you just catch playing whatever as you walk past.

No mods, and I've never had mods.

I am on ps5 and i can confirm this issue post 2.12. The regular news bits have no audio. Also the mayor stuff.
Post automatically merged:

Same here, chooms. No sounds in TV news, both Gillean and Arif are silent. Not always, but very often and it's still ANNOYING. -.-

I'm also seeing this on a new playthrough. Seems to happen very commonly in V's building's elevator. I'm not certain but I THINK it started once I was in act 2, not before. Many TVs play fine so I wonder if this is specific to the "important" screens designed to start newscasts of events from their very beginning whenever V comes close, to relay plot information to the player, rather than "normal" screens that you just catch playing whatever as you walk past.

No mods, and I've never had mods.
Just a further observation on this. Sometimes I'm getting the sound effects from a TV broadcast without the actual speech.

I've also noticed some instances of in-world player - character dialogues in which a line gets cut off by the next.

So maybe something has got out of joint in the dialogue audio system.

The TV thing, in particular, really needs to be fixed since it's a big part of how Cyberpunk does well in delivering the sense of a truly immersive world, in which you're clued up on what's going on out there before it becomes relevant to the game's stories. That doesn't work if a player only gets the information if they know to stare at a screen and watch the subtitles.

Top Bottom