Bug with Quest for Dakota

+
I have a serious bug with one of the rescue missions for Dakota in the Badlands. I don't know the english name for it because I play the game in German - there it is called "Vermisst". I have rescued the guy from the basement, brought him to the meeting spot and waited...then Dakotas' contact shows up and I'm supposed to talk to him, but the guy won't get out of the car and I apparently can't talk to him through the window or something.
20210102023403_1.jpg

The rescued guy then gets in the car and nothing happens. The quest is frozen like that. If I go away however Dakota calls to tell me that I was supposed to get the guy to savety and the mission thus fails... I tried reloading the game several times, even loaded from a point before I had to wait for Dakotas' contact to show up, but nothing changes...
Please, does anyone have any idea what to do? Maybe someone else had the same bug? I'd really like to finish all missions in the Badlands to get the achievement for it...

I am getting the same behavior. The English name for the quest is "GIG: MIA". I will skip it for now but, a fix would be nice.

i've had this happen as well... i've also had the mission auto-fail enroute to the meeting place for no reason (happens about half the time actually). basically, dakota calls me as i'm driving the car stops and the guy gets out, and dakota yells at me for being reckless or something.

If he got out before you got to the drop-off point, you didn't follow the mini-map path. Normally this would not matter in most gigs, but because the path literally takes you right up to the virtual signage boundary of AWACs. If you cross it, it's an automatic fail.

If he got out before you got to the drop-off point, you didn't follow the mini-map path. Normally this would not matter in most gigs, but because the path literally takes you right up to the virtual signage boundary of AWACs. If you cross it, it's an automatic fail.

as far as i can tell/remember i followed the path most of those times, but still failed.

I just tested this again because I have a save right at this gig.

When you take that sharp left hand turn off the highway onto the roads leading to the solar arrays, literally stop and make the turn, even go inside of the path indicated on the mini-map and slowly make your way down the road to the meeting point.

I had a Wakako (sp?) quest I failed in the badlands where I was supposed steal a radar truck and deliver it to the garage. I did that, parked the truck in the garage, it made me get out, then nothing. Tried talking to Wakako but nothing. Figured I'd do other quests while waiting for it to complete but at some point after it just decided to fail.

I didn't follow the shown path but just drove straight for the location marker and he didn't get out of the car before I reached the waiting point. I don't really think that is the problem here...or if it is then the problem was bugged as well for me ^^
Post automatically merged:

I had a Wakako (sp?) quest I failed in the badlands where I was supposed steal a radar truck and deliver it to the garage. I did that, parked the truck in the garage, it made me get out, then nothing. Tried talking to Wakako but nothing. Figured I'd do other quests while waiting for it to complete but at some point after it just decided to fail.
I had to do that particular quest three times because you have to park the radar truck in the exact spot the game demands of you and not one pixel next to it...at least that's my conclusion. Because as long as that location marker is still visible even though you think you've parked right atop of it, if you get out of the truck you can't get back in and the mission won't conclude...

After 1.5 update, I am starting to experience this issue. For me Dakota is failing to call when I am approaching the Unknown Location that starts "Gig: Goodbye, Night City." The location is in the dead middle of the detention center, but I can't get it to trigger, even when walking over it.

Anyone have found a solution? With or without console commands?

Top Bottom