bugs and issues I have noticed

+
Heya dear CDPR and all other chooms!

Throughout my previous and current playthroughs I have noticed the following issues of varying severity:
grass prevents items from being picked up
Whenever a gun falls into bushes of "grass", I cannot pick it up or view it.

it would be cute if the cat snuggled with the Arasaka plush toy, if it's on your couch, instead of melding into it
I received "Shupe the Troll" (and it's adorable! <3) and noticed, that one of the hang-out spots of the cat you can pick off the street is the same as where V puts Shupe, causing them to partly meld. It would be cute if, so long as Shupe is placed, the cat snuggled to the plushie, maybe even groomed it now and again. :3

heavy machine guns do not keep their quality when you pick them up (put them in the cache of your car and they regain quality, but only while theyre in the cache)
It's pretty strange, but every time V picks up an HMG, it defaults to common quality.

the southeast corner of the megabuilding H4 construction site you can come across an inactive battle between immortal Aldecados and just as immortal 6th Streeters
Using suicide-type quickhacks is disabled for them (suicide, system reset and cyberpsychosis) and all other (such as legendary contagion) do not cause any damage (they activate and numbers come out, but the health bar does not deteriorate). Shooting them has the same effect.

in "Gig: Big Pete's got big problems", the door to the underground access point does not open (prompt does not appear)
To be perfectly honest with you - I didn't check whether it is powered or not. :) Went out there with my second char and noticed, that the door can be opened if the Wraiths were not yet alerted and (I guess) if big petes not yet dead, so this could be working as designed, but woould still be cool to be able to loot it all. :)

street cred is ultimately useless. I'd wish it was used in conversations as "this is what I've done in the past, you dont't want that happening to you, right?" as opposed to Cool giving more suave options
Yes Street Cred (SC) does open jobs and items for sale, but after like SC 25-30 it gives very little of substance. Furthermore conversation options of the "This is what I have achieved until now" are locked behind a rather high "Cool" attribute, when a V without "Cool" has achieved the same thing. Hence SC would make more sence to have these locked behind SC and thus basically available to everyone as opposed to locking them behind one attribute.

in "every breath you take" selecting a conversation option is done with "F", which is the same as "kill" during a grapple, which can cut the interrogation of the suspect on the upper level quite short
Here I am talking about that guy who takes pictures of Blue Moon from the upper balconies of the overpass who only listens once you grab him. But doing so and selecting a conversation option causes V to snap his neck...

volume on television is INCREDIBLY low
It would be cool if we could adjust it. :)

rotate on character creation does not work (with customised keys, didn't try defaults)
I have changed my bindings for "Quick Attack" and "Scan (Hold)" to mouse 4 and mouse 5 respectively and during char creation I am told it is these buttons which rotate the character. It would be much more natural to let us to continously left-click on the characters face to have them look left, right, up and down. Doing the same on the body would turn the entire character.

char creation needs more options to check what you have actually done. :-D
e.g. with the scars it is not always clear where they actually are. Checking a hairdo is pretty much impossible and knowing the depth of a characters nose is solely based on guessing (but that would be solved by the above suggestion).

enemies in containers should be lootable
When you kill/knock out an enemy and put them into a container without looting them beforehand, they and their loot are gone.

items need to have their level displayed, so you can judge whether upgrading your weapon will be of any help
When you get a new item and it is a little better, it would help to know what level that item is relative to yours so that you'd know whether upgrading is a viable route to keep that item you like the look of. :) Also - letting us upgrade several levels at once would also help the above (as this would give us a preview what the item will be like on that level) and save us a lot of time.

the endings are ok, but it would be cool if V could prepare better
If V had a high-enough Intelligence and Tech skill level, they should be able to ask Alt whether she can upload the second consciousness to a secluded server, where you could station Judy (for example, could also be Nix or anyone with tech+NET skills) and tell her to disconnect the server from the NET as soon as the upload completes to avoid the possibility of hacking/soultaker attacks. This could launch a side-quest, which would let you set up a bunker of sorts, where the second consciousness would be stored until a suitable donor can be found. Perhaps even let V control a robot from that bunker so she gets out at least that way. :) Then you may also pay Arasaka for a blank biochip and a means to upload the consciousness from the server to it. In the corpo ending you could have them save Johnny and upload you as a convo option with Hellman.

when I press Z and C (open and close a message and this happens mainly in messages) in too quick a succession, the game locks up and my char cannot move. If there is another message to open and I close it not as quick as before, the bug is gone
This doesnt happen always, but it does populate in around 70% of the cases, especially when I'm very unpatient and press C right after opening the message with Z.

Last edited:
Top Bottom