Can we have black list?

+
Can we have black list?

I've just run into an asshole who as soon as he started loosing just left the game till the timeout left him without cards. No forfeiting, no passing. I don't want to play such players ever again. Can we have a black list? Thanks.

The game needs a report system for bad behavior, and once you accumulate enough reports your account will suspended for initially very short period like 24h, but the suspension time will increase with every infraction you incur there after.

The game needs a report system for bad behavior, and once you accumulate enough reports your account will suspended for initially very short period like 24h, but the suspension time will increase with every infraction you incur there after.
Bad idea, because it can be used by bad mannered players who might decide to "avenge" you for losing. Black lists are better, IMO.

Had that issue too but you never know what happened on the other side (without a chat function). But yeah if that happens too often it should have consequences.

I've just run into an asshole who as soon as he started loosing just left the game till the timeout left him without cards. No forfeiting, no passing. I don't want to play such players ever again. Can we have a black list? Thanks.

In matchmaking you can't allow this because it becomes exploitable.

It is also possible this person had an emergency and had to leave the computer.

In matchmaking you can't allow this because it becomes exploitable.
How exactly? By banning strong opponents? Sure, but what do they have to prove? I personally don't care if they cheat as long as I'm not playing with them. At least make it if the person missed time 2 times in a row it's an automatic loss, I don't want to wait 5 minutes till all his cards will be discarded.

It is also possible this person had an emergency and had to leave the computer.

He could have forfeited... I would have forfeitet not to wait but I'm aware that this is what he expected and just didn't want to play this game for him.

How exactly? By banning strong opponents? Sure, but what do they have to prove? I personally don't care if they cheat as long as I'm not playing with them. At least make it if the person missed time 2 times in a row it's an automatic loss, I don't want to wait 5 minutes till all his cards will be discarded.

He could have forfeited... I would have forfeitet not to wait but I'm aware that this is what he expected and just didn't want to play this game for him.

You can block every opponent you lose to. Increasing your chances to win in the future and diminishing the matchmaking pool.

The turn timers are short so that even in the worst case the game should be over quite quickly.

Bad idea, because it can be used by bad mannered players who might decide to "avenge" you for losing. Black lists are better, IMO.

They can't abuse the system at all. A bad mannered player will garner reports from multiple opponents, he will piss people off. You however, will only get 1 report, the one made by the bad mannered player, thus will get no action taken.

Also, the number of reports is averaged over a time period, so let's say 20 reports a week gets you a ban, and not 20 reports lifetime.

And finally, the person acting badly will not know if he got reported or not, the client SHOULD NOT tell him that. Only after getting X amount of reports over Y amount of time, and finally getting suspension, will he realize people have been reporting him.

There also can be safeguards against abuse, such as maximum number of reports you can make per day. The devs can look at the data and see that on average the player base makes X amount of reports per day, and if someone does X times 10 then clearly he's overdoing it and none his reports will count.

You can also forfeit to not wait for him so what is the problem? This is closed beta so people test things out. They dont play to win but to test. Dunno why CDPR limits players with practically one deck to test instead of giving like 9999999 scraps so people can test all decks and find out more bugs and give better feedback... Maybe later to not be overwhelmed on the start...

Hearthstone already solved this problem... no reason to reinvent the wheel on this one...

If your turn counter hits zero once, it gets progressively shorter every turn and starts immediately at the beginning of your next turn. If you aren't paying attention that's unfortunate, but the game will be over in a matter of 30 seconds

You can block every opponent you lose to. Increasing your chances to win in the future and diminishing the matchmaking pool.

The turn timers are short so that even in the worst case the game should be over quite quickly.

/thread.

i have a problem with players forfeited the game when i make a strong move/winning the game. its really annoying. at least make it so that when people do that they have to wait x amount of minutes before they can start a new match.

i have a problem with players forfeited the game when i make a strong move/winning the game. its really annoying. at least make it so that when people do that they have to wait x amount of minutes before they can start a new match.

Why ? Just why ?
Look it that way, when i'm playing in constantly counting how much i could have and how much my Opponent(s) could have with the most common combos/cards.

Why should i stay in a game when i already know that i will loose ? Passing, often lead to you opponent showing off after 10 times of that i do not wish to waste my time on that ever again. On top of that, both players waste less time in a already over game.

Are you just running behind a perfect board, or enjoying twisting the knife in the wound ?
Think it as in a MTG game. If you opponnent forfeit, are you going to tell him 'Oh come on man, keep playing or i'm taking your deck away for 10 minutes !'

Why should i be punished for a good understanding of the game ?

Forfeiting is really misunderstood in the Gwent's community it's crazy.

Top Bottom