Cannot wake up from sleep

+
It seems since the 1.6 patch then when I go to bed and sleep, I get the animation, fade to black, then get a completely blank menu background (no menus, no type, just that reddish/black background screen). Never wake up, cannot exit game, must window key to desktop and stop game from there... Multiple bed locations.

Odd. Am I the only one?

Odd. Am I the only one?
Who encountered and posted this issue on the forum ? I'm afraid yes :(
Which platform ? If PC, do or did you use mods now or before ?
I suggest to try to make a "clean install" of the game anyway :

Thanks for responding.
It's PC, have had the game since release, used mods before and never any problems. Also I updated to the latest mod versions released after the 1.6 patch, well, for obvious reasons.

Deleting the game and reinstalling will be a last resort option. It's like saying I am having trouble painting a fence... well rip the fence down and rebuilt it then lol. Looking for something simpler first although I appreciate the link so I don't miss out any steps for a clean install.

Thanks for responding.
It's PC, have had the game since release, used mods before and never any problems. Also I updated to the latest mod versions released after the 1.6 patch, well, for obvious reasons.

Deleting the game and reinstalling will be a last resort option. It's like saying I am having trouble painting a fence... well rip the fence down and rebuilt it then lol. Looking for something simpler first although I appreciate the link so I don't miss out any steps for a clean install.
In fact, you're not alone to encounter issues with mods (even deleted/disabled/removed...)
Maybe instead of a full reinstallation, you could only delete the folders which are not removed by the launcher and may contains old, outdated or faulty datas.
These ones :
  • REDEngine folder from here %userprofile%\AppData\Local\
  • CD Projekt Red folder from here: %userprofile%\AppData\Local
Then verifying the game files and try again (new and "fresh" will be created).

Thanks for responding.

A more accurate analogy would be you're having trouble painting a rotten fence. You can keep on trying to paint over it but it won't fix the underlying issue - it's rotten and that rot is gonna bring it all down eventually.

As a general rule of thumb it's a good idea to do a clean install of CP2077 if you've used mods and a major patch was just applied. The fact you've never had no problems before is irrelevant. You are effectively the first person I've seen with this problem and the only one I can find with this problem with a cursory search. The problem is on your end unfortunately and the only obvious explanation is your mods.

You could try @LeKill3rFou's suggestion of only removing CP2077 related folder from AppData but I doubt it'll have any impact if the main folder isn't cleaned.

If it works, good! If it doesn't... your best bet is to do a clean install.

Thanks for the replies.

Did a complete reinstall (and base game worked) then by slowly loading some basic mods (those that support other mods) I found out that the "Mod Settings Mod" was causing this issue.

That is a basic required mod for other mods such as "Limited HUD" and others have reported the issue there as well over at Nexus Mods (it also causes a problem with the arcade game as well). I will await a fix from the mod author of "Mod Settings". I will miss "Limited HUD" in the meantime.

Shame we even need a mod such as "Limited HUD" in the first place, because there should be a default key to just hide all the HUD like was available in "The Witcher 3" which personally seems like a simple request. Oh well.

So thanks for taking the time, much appreciated.
Post automatically merged:

The "Mod Settings" Mod has been updated for anyone with the issue. Download and use the latest one.

Last edited:
Top Bottom