REDLauncher Bug - Hidden Videos in REDLauncher Playing Background Audio But Cannot Be Stopped - GAME BREAKING BUG!!

+
It appears ever since patch 1.63 installed, REDLauncher now plays loud background music which sounds like it's coming from a game trailer (Likely a Phantom Liberty DLC trailer).

This issue only started today. Every time I start REDLauncher, this mystery music starts playing in the background. It cannot be stopped or muted because there is no video ANYWHERE to be found in REDLauncher. I have confirmed the mystery audio is indeed coming from REDLauncher because it stops when REDLauncher is closed, and then the exact same audio starts without fail every time REDLauncher is started again.

It's apparent that once the first video stops playing, another one queues up immediately after the first video and the audio continues to play. So, unfortunately it cannot be waited out. I've literally checked every tab, menu and button in REDLauncher and cannot find the video responsible for this annoying audio ANYWHERE.

This is LITERALLY GAME BREAKING because if I try to launch the game now, the game works perfectly fine, but this mystery audio continues to play over top of the game audio. And it's horrible!!!

PLEASE FIX THIS ASAP, I literally have to stop playing Cyberpunk 2077 because of this bug.

Thank you Team!

I haven't really used RED Launcher, so I don't know if this is possible, but there might be an option in the Windows (assuming you're on Windows) volume mixer to mute RED Launcher.

On Windows 11 (10 is similar), right-click the volume icon in the taskbar, open the volume mixer, then mute RED Launcher if it is listed as an application:
1687424306406.png

Not a fix, obviously, but could work as a band-aid solution.

Thanks for your awesomely prompt response. Unfortunately however I have already tried that. I currently have REDLauncher open as I write this and here the screenshot of my Windows Volume Mixer. For some odd reason, the REDLauncher does not adhere to the system audio settings.

It's incredibly frustrating that REDLauncher doesn't just have a mute button itself.

1687424703267.png

Strange.

Are you absolutely certain it is the launcher that's the source of the sound? I know you've probably already checked, but I don't understand how it could possibly play sound when it's muted. Not that I'm any kind of tech person or expert.

OMFG!! I think I just accidentally found a FIX!!!

So, I clicked on the red Phantom Liberty 'Pre-Order' button, and this opened the Steam Phantom Liberty page within the REDLauncher Window (Not Steam itself) I closed the Steam page for Phantom Liberty and the game trailer audio stopped for GOOD!!! THANK F%&K!!

As an added bonus, it appears to have permanently fixed it too! Because if I relaunch REDLauncher the audio doesn't start automatically.

But, if I click the red 'Pre-Order' button again, as predicted, the Steam Page opens again, and the game trailer music starts automatically.

At least I know how to turn it off now!

I CAN PLAY AGAIN!!!

Hope this helps others :)
Post automatically merged:

So, I clicked on the red Phantom Liberty 'Pre-Order' button, and this opened the Steam Phantom Liberty page within the REDLauncher Window (Not Steam itself) I closed the Steam page for Phantom Liberty and the game trailer audio stopped for GOOD!!! THANK F%&K!!

As an added bonus, it appears to have permanently fixed it too! Because if I relaunch REDLauncher the audio doesn't start automatically.

But, if I click the red 'Pre-Order' button again, as predicted, the Steam Page opens again, and the game trailer music starts automatically.

I CAN PLAY AGAIN!!!

Attachments

• 1687424820389.png
    1687424820389.png
    2.4 MB · Views: 74
  • 1687425264477.png
    1687425264477.png
    943 KB · Views: 77

"REDLAUNCHER BUG - HIDDEN VIDEOS IN REDLAUNCHER PLAYING BACKGROUND AUDIO BUT CANNOT BE STOPPED - GAME BREAKING BUG!!"

Can launch the game skipping Red Launcher by typing this --launcher-skip into the Launch options.

Cheers for the feedback. I think I got it under control now. My guess is skipping the REDLauncher will limit any mods i'm currently running though wouldn't it?

My guess is skipping the REDLauncher will limit any mods i'm currently running though wouldn't it?
Guessing maybe Redmod mods. Not the manually installed mods. Skipping the Red Launcher starts the game way faster. Never had any issue with mods skipping the Launcher.

I had a similar problem. Every time i started redlauncher the background sound was played (ads from steam app). I found this solution: go to STEAM>>Settings>>GAME (or IN GAME maybe)>>(Press button) Delete browser data. It works for me.

I CAN PLAY AGAIN!!!

Post automatically merged:

I CAN PLAY AGAIN!!!

SAME PROBLEM BRO none of support wont to fcking make SOLUTION and fcking push the solution of settings in windows with 44 khz its not working WAKE UPPPPP!!!!!!!!!! All of you support . and Creators ...

Top Bottom