Can't draw weapons?

+
Anyone else experiencing a bug where you cannot use your items or draw weapons? I've gone back multiple save points to times where I could use weapons and the bug affects any I select. Verified game file integrity, all good.. Not sure what to do

So you did press the button to draw the weapon but it didn't work?
Controller or Mouse Keyboard?

So you did press the button to draw the weapon but it didn't work?
Controller or Mouse Keyboard?
I am having the same issue. On keyboard. Tried to re-map the key binding as well. On the mission to steal the militech drone. As soon as the cut scene is over I can't draw or select a weapon. I had to run through the level. Re-loading checkpoints doesn't do anything either.

Yeah I'm having the same problem after the same point in the drone mission recovery mission. Yes, I could draw before that.

In case one of your background applications uses the same key, it could be a good idea to close every nonessential application with the task manager - especially those with overlay feature (GeForce Experience, Riva Tuner, MSI Afterburner, MSI Gaming app, Fraps, Uplay...).

Other than that, I'd try this too:

Maybe that changes anything.

Support can be reached here:
(click on contact us to send a ticket)

PS5 Player here: After completing the mission "The Pickup" I lost the ability to draw my weapons including fists. I've restarted from last checkpoint, closed the game and still same issue. I cannot proceed in the game until this glitch is fixed. I could draw up until the end of the mission. I've tried starting the next mission but as soon as the time comes to draw a weapon, I can't and I have to shut off the game.

I'm on PC and have this same bug. It's on my save file so when I launch the game it just does the same thing over and over.

I had this glitch. I found this forum, found no answers which was frustrating but on my end, I fixed it by going through another cutscene.

Still report the issue, though, so hopefully a patch will fix this!

Thank you for reaching out on the topic! I reported the bug last night after making this thread. I play a copy from Steam on PC. Re-loading previous saves didn't work, and I verified integrity already. Maybe it will work better today, fingers crossed
Post automatically merged:

Just a new update; I have not heard back about my ticket, but I just took a long drive back towards main story quest and weapons appear to be working now! Let's see if it lasts :disapprove:

Last edited:
I'm 10 hours into my run of the game and have the same issue. i am so mad if someone knows a workaround please let me know if not in will just do a new run of the game

If it helps any, when I get a draw weapon bug then I just quit to main menu and it resets. Also as a friendly reminder, which I discovered by accident, the Alt key brings up the item menu. There you can select what you do or do not draw.

Last edited:
Guys I think I got it!
Had the same problem, could not draw any weapon.I checked my inventory and none was equipped!

Go to your Inventory and equip a weapon!

I'm all good now, I hope you all got this same "glitch"! :)

I am also getting this problem. it happens after a cut scene the one where your heading back to the city from the junk yard after that it wouldnt let me equip a weapon or use items. and it happened agian after i got a phone call. i have reloaded multiple saves and verified files. Ryzen 2700x with a AMD 5700XT game is installed ona 500gb samsung nvme.

Same issue here. Reloading and restarting the game does not fix it. Can't draw any weapon or even my fists.

Top Bottom