Cant quick hack enemy characters anymore

+
I was dumping a lot of points into Int and quick hack perks, but about 20 hours into the game, I all the sudden couldn't hack enemy characters any more with the exception of "Breach Protocol" all other options do not even pop up. At first other options were there, but always red (couldn't select) despite having enough ram to perform the quickhack.
I tried a number a tricks, recommended by others in the community to get the hacking options back (went through cut scenes, progressed further into the story, hacked object like camera's and turrets, fast travelled, drove my car, etc). Unfortunately nothing has worked so far. I also don't have a save file from when hacking was working for me in the game. So at this point, my options are to continue on and hope the hacking comes back (so far, everything I have done in game in the last 6 hours hasn't helped) or restart from the beginning.

If anyone else has had this and figured out how to fix it, please share, thanks!

The same happened to me. In fact, I cannot hack anything at the moment and sometimes can't pull any weapon either. The only thing that seems to resolve it is starting with a fresh character, but I really don't want to do everything over again while not knowing if the same is going to happen again after 15+ hours in game.

my quickhacks no longer show up either, dont know how i'm gonna progress through this quest without it

Attachments

• Screenshot (1045).png
    Screenshot (1045).png
    1.5 MB · Views: 5,895
Same issue here, was sitting at just under 20hrs of gameplay and my quick hacking options have disappeared. If it helps the devs, I did pretty much only side gigs/NCPD jobs, and came back to the main story of GO MEET JACKIE, one of the earlier missions, went to the ripperdoc as part of the mission and after the cut scenes of the doctor working on my arm did the issue start happening. Using a AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 8-Core Processor 3.60 GHz, GTX 1070ti, 32 GB RAM. Any fixes for this? it really is a game breaker as others have stated above, hope the devs fix this and reply with a solution/timeframe. Seeing all the problems/feedback from the old gen consoles and I was somewhat hesitant to purchase this game on PC. But I decided to buy it in hopes that the devs did their due diligence on making sure the game runs correctly on at least PC and new consoles. This is not the case, game breaking bugs on all platforms. They want people to pay $80.00 when you can't even finish the game properly, just a big let down overall.

Last edited:
This is going to sound weird, but after finding this thread as a result of my having the same issue, I just went to a RipperDoc and had them swap my optical implant out with another one. Seems like a lot of the bugs in this game follow the principal of "Have you tried unplugging it and plugging it back in?"
57 years and technology hasn't advanced as much as we'd think :p

Update on this topic, ok, i followed the tip from the post above me, its weird but i don't think this is a bug, it seems to be that the game simply doesnt make it immediately clear to us, but implants that Dont tell you there are quickhack options for them, simply means you do not have access to them when using that implant, i was using the berserk implant, and it doesnt state quickhacking features anywhere, i dont know if this is just specific to me, but if you think this is the case for you, you may want to check on the properties of your implants.
Post automatically merged:

Attachments

• Screenshot (1063).png
    Screenshot (1063).png
    1.6 MB · Views: 12,391
  • Screenshot (1062).png
    Screenshot (1062).png
    1.7 MB · Views: 10,712
Update on this topic, ok, i followed the tip from the post above me, its weird but i don't think this is a bug, it seems to be that the game simply doesnt make it immediately clear to us, but implants that Dont tell you there are quickhack options for them, simply means you do not have access to them when using that implant, i was using the berserk implant, and it doesnt state quickhacking features anywhere, i dont know if this is just specific to me, but if you think this is the case for you, you may want to check on the properties of your implants.
Post automatically merged:
I don't if I should love or hate this fix.

Hey guys! Kyrrah here :)

So actually you can use any cyberware you would like. So whenever you switch out your cyberware it seems to reset your mods for that device. Go to your cyberware tab under inventory, click on operating system ( ocular, etc) and install your mods you had previously by clicking on them. Hope this helps <3

I have the same bug, cyberware is fine i checked few different implants. I have the save before the bug and It happend again just after the fight.

It may not be a bug. In my case it was because the OPTERATING SYSTEM of the CYBERWARE. The quick hack was gone after I choose to use the one for slowing the time. After I changed back to the one with the Quickhack function, it shows up again.

It seems that patch 1.05 improves hacking. However quickhack function is still not working for police (including police dron) and for some enemys (for example tiger claws bosses in clouds). Another thing is that after Panam's last quest I was unable to use tab scanning until game restart. When scanning function came back I notice issues with quickhacking.

Has anyone found a solution?

Im able to hack enemies if I go back on a save but it seems that the woman of la mancha is bugging this quest for me

have just run into the issue this evening. from the
Tyger Claws\Maiko penthouse boss fight above The Clouds
and on I have not been able to access the quickhack menu when scanning the majority of enemies. out of the last 15-20 times i've tried to scan\quickhack enemy thugs I have only been able to hack one of them normally. electronic devices still scan\quickhack fine.

the issue started with the aforementioned boss fight. when the conversation ends abruptly and they get up off the couch I tried scanning the big guy just before they had actually reached attack mode and the scanning just pooped out on the screen. was showing empty info boxes and quickhack menu. i reloaded the save before hand and the same thing happened again. loaded it a third time and I could scan and quickhack the three guys but not the girl. after finishing the boss fight i left the building and from then on have only been able to quickhack one enemy out of many attempts. while scanning; the left hand hacking menu does not popup at all and the right hand menu only has the info tab about the item/NPC being scanned, not a quickhack info tab.

have tried restarting the game and having a ripper doc replace the implant and changing out the mods multiple times. nothing works to correct it. next option is to load a save before i get to that boss fight area and see if it occurs again outside of that area.

definitely is not a scripted problem with the OS implant. i have tried three different ones with different mods installed and the quickhack menu still refuses to popup anymore when scanning enemies.

on PC v1.05 when it happened

*edit
went back and reloaded a save from before entering the area where i first noticed the issue. have progressed a couple hours beyond the point when the situation initially arose and scanning enemies is still working fine. just a glitch, not a corrupted game file or anything detrimental.

wonder what triggers it in so many different people's games. it could have something to do with the game just wrongly identifying your OS implant as one that doesn't have the ability.

Last edited:
I am having a similar bug.
Tried fixing by reloading eyes and cyberdeck - no luck.

Tried reloading previous saves and areas and I can no longer quick hack in those areas either. I will try loading the first character I created earlier today and see if that fixes thing, but right now I don't have much hope.

Here's anorther way to finish the mission without killing Maiko : use the taget analysis mod for the eye implant.
You can shoot her without killing her.

Not the best, but it works.

Just chiming in with the same issues. I heard about the cyberdeck tricks and went in to see what I could do. I couldn't make heads or tails of anything in there. I would suggest to the devs to give us a "return to factory settings" type of toggle for the mods so we can get rid of anything that might be incompatible with progressing the story and quests. Or make it more clear what to do if we have unwittingly removed our ability to hack things. I'm stuck at "Find a way to save Nix". If you can't hack you are stuck in the room with him with no other options but to load an earlier save. And then I have to ignore that quest which I don't think I should have to do. I might go back and check my cyberware for the things mentioned above but I would much rather the issue be fixed or explained in the game.

My first run through was a netrunner, so I have seen all these. Some things:
* Any time you get a new deck, you have to reload all the hacks. Like getting a new machine, it comes with nothing slotted.
* If you are mid game and lose the hacks: Save the game, exit the game and relaunch/load. I have only had to go this far a few times.
* Go out of Scan mode, interact with something (even dropping an item and pick it back up), then go back in.

It is a bug, so definitely file it. Most of the time, these things are based around some action being performed that tricks the game into thinking you are doing something else, or doesn't evoke the proper sub-routines to trigger the menus, etc.

This isn't a bug, I had the same issue when I upgraded cyberware operating system....you have to put your quick hack mods back on to the mod slots of the chip, hope this helps

I have the same issue. I've made sure all mods are loaded into my OS. Tried swapping OS's and other cyberware systems. Still no quick hacking. The scanning just returns info. Everything was working one session and the next session it wasn't and I hadn't changed anything in between. Definitely seems to be a bug.

If you don't see any quickhacks beside breach and you recently changed OS cyberware, then go to your inventory - cyberware - operating system and make sure that they are equipped.
When you buy/install new operating system cyberware, all quickhacks are uninstalled and put back in your inventory. You have to put them back in mods slots in order to use them.
Cyberpunk 2077 (C) 2020 by CD Projekt RED 16.01.2021 18_02_02.png

Top Bottom