Can't save Stout in The Pickup

+
I played The Pickup twice in my new 1.6 playthrough and failed to save Stout.
Corpo Lifepath
I met her, didn't use my Corpo lines second time
Took the Shard
Killed Royce right away without offering Money or shard
Fought myself out of the Maelstom factory
Got greated by The Weasel, not by Stout.
What am I missing? I want to save Stout and meet her later.
I also ran into this, didn't know what I was missing, I've given the shard to Royce, went trough the Maelstromers, found the evidence against Gilchrist, and for some reason he was greeting me, once I got out. So I loaded back an earlier save, went trough Maelstrom again and was greeted by Meredith...

Ah if Royce use the chip (and fry his buddies), the malware is removed. In my case, I remove it myself directly before go to All Foods (and I shoot/kill him during the dialogue, so the chip never leave my pocket^^).
In any case, I assume the "only" requirement to get Meredith, it's > Royce have to die (whatever the way he die).

@Notserious80 @LeKill3rFou

Yeah, that chip is unnecessary. I can absolutely confirm that even after refusing to take the credit chip from Stout, she always shows up at AllFoods in my playthroughs anyway.

Like Fou, Royce always suffers death-by-one-liner in mine.

From my understanding there is only 2 things that have to be done for Stout to be the one that survives the whole 'mole hunt' arc; and one of those things can be completed or not completed without players realizing it depending on how OCD they are in their gameplay style.

1. The Maelstrom meeting HAS to end in violence in some way. Obviously Royce has to die, either via dialogue exchange, or by the boss version you encounter before exiting the Allfoods plant. (The Militech chip can play a part in how some of this plays out, but what's important is that Royce dies.)

2. The one thing that is less obvious; a e-mail has to be read on a certain computer in AllFoods; it's located in a small room directly across the walkway from the area you drop into from the vent you crawl into after climbing the ladder via the Maelstrom meeting that goes wrong.

2. The one thing that is less obvious; a e-mail has to be read on a certain computer in AllFoods; it's located in a small room directly across the walkway from the area you drop into from the vent you crawl into after climbing the ladder via the Maelstrom meeting that goes wrong.
I don't think so :)
This message only matter if you play as Nomad (outside of knowing who is the mole yourself) and I'm not 100% sure, but also if you picked up the optional nomad dialogue line during the meeting with Meredith before go to AllFoods.
If you read this message, when you meet Meredith, she have an additional dialogue line at the end, something like that :
Meredith : About your proposal, still not interested.
V : So not interested to know who is the mole?
Meredith : Ok, I listen.
V : ...the mole is Anthony Gilchrist...
Then she send an additional message and a reward in V's apartment later (a chest with a bulletproof jacket and an assault rifle).

Even though I met all the conditions and Stout appeared at the end, I didn't get a call from her or a quest!!!!

I think so... don't know how far I have to go with the main quest, but it comes to an end.
At the end of the Pickup quest, you said to her that you are interested to work with her again ?
Normally, Meredith must send you a message quite soon in Act 2.

I started a 1.6 Corpo playthrough, got the chip from Stout but shot Royce instead and Stout still appeared for me outside.
I did save Brick but I did NOT hack the chip until the mission was over.

can copy that - 3 weeks ago. exact same outcome on corpo lifepath.

Top Bottom