Cars despawning in V's garage.

+

Guest 4564903

I have been parking a lot of my owned cars in the garage connect to V's apartment on the level where the elevator stops and for some reason they despawn despite the fact they should not. Sometimes they stay in there for days or weeks(game time) and other times they despwan after only a few hours, has anyone got any idea why this happens?

I'm not sur, but for me, normally they are not supposed to stay in the world indefinitly :(
Sometimes they does, in middle of nowhere. Like for me actually, the Quadra V-Tec nearby the aldecalcos camp since a long, long time.

God I wish my cars would actually despawn after a period of non-use. I'm kinda tired of summoning them to me and noticing that they are on fire.

DC9V

Forum veteran
I'm not sur, but for me, normally they are not supposed to stay in the world indefinitly :(
photomode_06032021_083506.png

I think quest related cars like this one won't disappear. But I didn't test it sufficiently.

Guest 4564903

It does seem the whole despawning thing is very erratic. I have cars despawn in the world after a few minutes and others stay for ages.

The only place cars you buy are supposed to stay indefinitely is the garage in V's building.

DC9V

Forum veteran
It does seem the whole despawning thing is very erratic. I have cars despawn in the world after a few minutes and others stay for ages.

The only place cars you buy are supposed to stay indefinitely is the garage in V's building.
Hm... All I know is that I've parked that green car right in front of the NCPD building and it stayed there forever. It also didn't seem to disappear in other areas.

Guest 4564903

Hm... All I know is that I've parked that green car right in front of the NCPD building and it stayed there forever. It also didn't seem to disappear in other areas.

Its pretty broken!!

I think quest related cars like this one won't disappear. But I didn't test it sufficiently.
Yep, the "Flight of the Cheetah" Galena. If you drive Hwangbo with it (like me), the car despawn (for me). I always leave it by the side of the road (near the maelstomer "camp" with turret) and it is no longer there when I come back next.
But if you don't and leave the car on place, i don't know :(

For you, the car don't despawn ?
Interesting :)
Maybe there is a limited number of "persistant" car in the world. My Quadra V-Tec don't despawn because i only use Jackie's Bike or Kusanagi.

View attachment 11218114

I have this one from an earlier gig (Flight of the Cheetah). After I completed the gig, for some reason, I decided to drive all the way back to V's apartment. Got it in V's garage and parked it. It stayed, but more then once another car would be on top of it or shove it out of the way. Solution: I drove through the wide doorway into the fenced area (right side of the elevator as you are looking at it) and parked it there. It stays there, never leaves unless I drive it. What's more curious, if I drive it somewhere and leave it and come back a few game days later, this little guy is still there waiting for me.

I finally drove it home and that's where I keep it and I do use it on occasion. No other vehicle or bike I have brought back to the garage has done this. My own vehicles dissapear after I park them. Not crazy about the color, but I won't kick it out of the driveway and it is fun to drive. I guess the little car adopted me. ;)

Last edited:

Guest 4564903

I have this one from an earlier gig. After I completed the gig, for some reason, I decided to drive all the way back to V's apartment. Got it in V's garage and parked it. It stayed, but more then once another car would be on top of it or shove it out of the way. Solution: I drove through the wide doorway into the fenced area (right side of the elevator as you are looking at it) and parked it there. It stays there, never leaves unless I drive it. What's more curious, if I drive it somewhere and leave it and come back a few game days later, this little guy is still there waiting for me.

I finally drove it home and that's where I keep it and I do use it on occasion. No other vehicle or bike I have brought back to the garage has done this. My own vehicles dissapear after I park them. Not crazy about the color, but I won't kick it out of the driveway and it is fun to drive.

Which model of car is it out of interest?

As I am reaching the end of my 5th play through I have been experimenting with just how many cars you can "keep" in the garage next to V's apartment. Over a period of a few days I got the number up to 14 as you can see on the mini map.

14 cars.jpg

I had left "The Beast in Me" till really late this time and had not yet got the "free" car from Sampson. I was out and about when I got his message and remembered it always gets placed directly into your virtual "garage" so I parked my current car and swapped over, as I always like to drive my new cars back to the "real" garage, just a bit of role play. Imagine my surprise on arriving "home"

no cars.jpg

Yep all gone.

I have no idea if it was just a "game thing" of getting a car added directly to my "virtual garage" triggered it. However I am now in the process of "rebuilding" my fleet. I will see how long it lasts.

So over the last couple of weeks I have been slowly adding to my "garage", one or two cars a day, I got to the point where there was not much more room in the parking garage, I was trying to keep all the vehicles on the same floor you exit the lift from V's apartment. So I also added the 4 bikes as you can squeeze them in anywhere.

Over this time I travelled all over the map, waiting for different periods up to 24 hours, then travelling back and at no time did any of the vehicles de-spawn.

With the floor full I had managed to accumulate 26 vehicles on that one floor, count them on the mini-map

26-01.jpg

Also shows on the in game map, here just under the player icon

26-02.jpg

Personally I hope this feature stays, as I like to have all my cars/bikes in one physical place. There of course is a drawback as some players may not like the "vehicle arrows" at the side of the screen, so hopefully it can be made optional.

Note, I only did this to discover if I could. To me there are only a few vehicles that are "must have" for me.

Guest 3847602

Yes, cars don't normally despawn anymore after the last patch. From what I've seen, the only thing that can make them disappear right now is entering someone else's car during the quest (I don't think it matters if you're a driver or passenger).

Top Bottom