CDPR please consider this a bug report

+
I couldn't see any sane way to post the number of bugs I wrote down so I'm going to stick them here.

Played on PC, mostly on 1.06 but on 1.1 for the last 3rd with no major improvement.

Bug cosmetic

Lighting

* When driving 1st person the extreme bloom makes it near impossible to see.
* (edit) When driving in 1st person it makes many vehicles are impossible to see the road over the dash.
* When in first person in a car during daylight with another person their skin is darkly shadowed but their eyes are reflecting like out in the sun.
* In rainy weather, it becomes sunny again every time you drive under a bridge.

V

* V needs some dress sitting postures.

HUD

* Missing weapons icons in inventory - D5 Coperhead

World

* Mirrors need to be fixed, Jackie's car has wing-mirrors but no mirrors in them! Mirrored surfaces in game but with broken reflections for V, or mirrors that need to be turned on.

Gameplay fix suggestions

* The mini-map zoom out when going quickly or be zomed out enough to be able to turn a corner in time.
* Police warrant system needs some gameplay mechanic, with police chasing you, maybe as per GTA's evade the police mechanic.
* Fixed AI for traffic and NPCs is for me the most important thing to make the world seem semi believable.
* The whole item system and related game loop needs re-looked at especially with leveling. Leveled items make most of what you collect useless in a few minutes and mean that you are forced to wear clown cloths most of the time.
* Telephone calls need to be better structured, at least logically structured so that the same person doesn't call you multiple times in a row for different missions.
* There needs to be a way of introducing missions to the player where they can gain access to missions more progressively, rather than them being spammed by calls / messages as soon as they are out of the tutorial. Suggestion of having fixers play the role of gatekeepers to sets of missions is a good one.
* Related to that the early missions after the tutorial have to be better selected to ease the player into the game.

Gameplay issues

Object permanence

* Objects in the world need to have some sense of permanence even if you look away from them, sure you can unload the asset but if I turn back round you need to reload it and it should still be there and still be in the same state it was before I turned away.
* Too many things appear / disappear directly in front of you, this seems to be tied to the streaming of objects into / out of the world.
* Things glitch like there are competing threads that don't know what the other one is doing.
* When streaming in an object it should be loaded in its finished state not loaded in then apply physics.
* When swapping out models often frames are missed where the object has disappeared and this can be accompanied by other glitches in those frames, such as the player standing it T pose where the car should be for a few frames while it is swapped out and in again.
* Distance traffic has no relation to close traffic. Particularly noticeable on the highway or in the badlands, a tone of traffic is shown in the distance that fails to materialise and you are left driving empty roads.
* Thing clip into / over the ground / other objects. Both inside and out.
* The pointer on keypads that are accessed in game seems to be centered differently than the pointer that is shown, meaning that I had to click to the side of whatever number I was clicking on.
* Cloths disappear from V.
* Load-in for - I guess genitalia - but in my case underwear mean you have weird Ken doll / Barbie moments.
* Things load in touching and explode, objects / cars / NPCs.
* Duplicate NPCs are sometimes placed right next to each other.
* Mountains in the background it the Badlands disappear.
* There are many stress balls, some in leveled containers, which make me think that they are a placeholder for items when it can't find the item.
* Things in many places stick through walls. E.g lasers or plants.
* Reloading doesn't reload objects as per save, many things disappear, things related to steps in missions disappear or partial load, even time of day may change.

Driving

* It feels like cars often take 1-2 seconds to begin slowing once the brakes are applied, meaning that even if you see a turn coming and break well ahead of time you often miss your turn.
* Cars feel like they they max out their speed at quite a slow speed.
* The turning circles on some cars make the 1st person mode feel like police squad a lot of the time
* Incredibly static NPC drivers. Won't even drive by a parked bike in a parking place not protruding onto the road.
* NPCs freak out at your driving at weird times, like pulling into a parking space beside the road cases mass panic.
* Summoning your car can cause it to appear in / under other vehicles leading to physics mayhem.
* The summoned car gets stuck in traffic.
* Bike materialises in places where it's not allowed to drive - e.g. Judie's shack
* When saving in car you normally reload in driver seat even if the mission has you in the passenger seat, which has you reappear in Panama during some of her missions.
* NPC drivers run people over in child blood, river murdered one of his neighbors and just kept driving.
* Items are not available in all vehicles trunks, and those aren't available in V's appeasement.
* Guns in trunks have 0.0 SPS.

NPC Alert systems

* If you wander into a restricted zone, or too close to aggressive NPCs they start to become suspicious and remain so until you have gone to a distance from them, which can be easily triggered by doing something innocuous and result in you having to sprint away from NPC.
* If you are in a firefight (even if you don't draw a weapon), the people who should be on your side often attack you. Such as the NCPD random missions, the NCPD sometimes just decide you're the enemy because someone else is shooting at you.
* Police stop chasing you almost immediately after you gain a warrant.
* Police and alerted NPCs teleport behind you, they need to teleport further away and have a more believable approach.
* Bumping into someone sometimes makes everyone panic

Broken path-finding

* The path on the mini-map often changes its mind even when you are currently following on the dotted line.
* Driving directions shouldn't send you the wrong way down streets.
* Dots often disappear a few seconds after you have gone over them.

Hacking

* Often the wrong quick-hack menu item was selected for me when hacking (for certain objects consistently making deactivating them impossible).
* Hacking mini-game often doesn't show you the outcome, instead just dumping you out.

Controls

* Controls are unbindable and weird, some keys such as F can't be rebound, some are dual-role and they can't be separated. Some dual choices are weird such as C for skip dialogue and crouch / stand means that you can't stand up during a conversation, and often skip conversation because you are trying to stand up when you enter it.
* Inconsistent binding for similar tasks, why is interact R sometimes for selling things?
* Animations are often not tied properly to your position - when doing combat demonstration for the Solo chip I landed miles away from where the associated animation was happening.
* Pause menu doesn't always pause game play.
* Scans just get dropped when scanning targets, it can often be hard to get a target to scan.

Dialogue

* Disjointed dialogue, there is plenty of dialogue in the game where they are discussing things that due to other dialogue choices were never discussed. This leads to disjointed conversations.
* People phone and you are forced to answer even when in another dialogue.
* Subtitles sometimes just don't go away.
* If Blue text is non flavour text, and yellow moves the conversation on? Sometimes flavour text is also yellow and vice versa.
* People's lips often don't move with the dialogue, including in calls.
* People talk while drawing on a cigarette.
* NPCs remarks are super inconsistent in tone, sometimes being friendly one second then insulting the next.
* Flirt appears to be enabled even when character isn't actually interested in V's sex.

Missions

General

* Broken objectives in missions, that don't go away when they should.
* Missions often grab the player and restricts their movement in some way, this is often very jarring and needs to be handled more smoothly.
* Missing assets in cutscenes that are critical to the plot - I only once or twice saw blood on V's hand when they were coughing it up or having a nosebleed.

Specific missions

* V doesn't actually say dialogue when looking at Tarot graffiti
* Broken music in missions, guitar riff stuck playing over and over again in voodoo hack mission.
* In the River rescue mission during the BD the cartoon is noted as making noise but doesn't appear on the audio layer.
* On the Farm in the River rescue missions a scripted element re-enables turrets even if you just disabled them.
* Panam railroad mission, on reloading the campfire fails to load.
* Panam railroad mission, dialogue gets stuck for long periods of time and can get completely stuck.
* Panam talks to you during ride share like she is on the radio even when sat beside you.
* Embers barman appears in bar, every time and explodes glass.
* It is raining in Embers regardless of the weather outside.
* When Johnny first meets Alt in Rogue's VR, she is invisible most of the time from most angles.
* When releasing Alt into Arasaka there was a weird floating yellow HUD display that floated around as I moved the camera.
* Coffee at V's apartment in the epilogue, there is a mirror there directly in front of you and you see a floating cup be drunk by an invisible to reflection V.
* Cards not shown during first Tarot reading.
* Instructing Takemura to go in quietly to Akasara tower results in his troupes panicking anyway and charging in.
* When being treated in Orbit the distinctive face of Hanako is the first face you see on an NPC, leading to much confusion.

Last edited:
There's a sitting animation appropriate to having a skirt on for V in game, the one in Corpo LP if you choose to have a drink while enroute to Lizzies, i wouldn't expect any change though tbh

1091500_screenshots_20210124104821_1.jpg

Frozen explosion I drove by
1091500_screenshots_20210122221417_1.jpg

Shadows and glowing eyes
1091500_screenshots_20210118234910_1.jpg

Palm trees blowing in the wind

Top Bottom