Cerys + Dracoturtle + Svalblod + Hjalmar deck.

+

So the idea of this deck is to beat your own ranks and buff them.

Mix of Cerys and Svalblod + Heymaey.

You place Heymaey protector and damage cards next to him like Armored drakkar or Dimun drakkar, so they both buff. Also can put Vildkaarl or Lugos istead.

Hjalmar + Jutta combo good to go.

Dracoturtle + Priest is a go combo for 3rd round.

So as you see there are various ways to win.

It's more of a fun deck, since I'm not a hard ranker player. But nothing can stop you from trying it and climbing.

You place Heymaey protector and damage cards next to him like Armored drakkar
Correction - armoured drakkar won't work with Heymay protector since you MUST deal damage to unit adjecent to protector but drakkar will always get his armour back (the only feasible way I know to activate both drakkar and protector is playing Mardroeme on armoured drakkar).
As I see, you decided to mix armour with selfwound; I have 2 decks that have those ideas - one with Svalblod (where I play queensguard, Bekker's Dark mirror, Sigvald, Flaminika (all for eternal engine Svalblod priest-Blueboy Lugos-protector-Flaminika), Knut, Hym and Olaf without resurrections) and one with Eist (with Mardroemes, Iris' shadow, Vitold von Evereck, Triss telekenisis, Dracoturtle of course and with actual resurrections). They both proved to be good but Eist one has more fighting chance in a long round - even against harmony.

There are numerous problems with multi-card combinations — at least those that require specific cards is specific orders:
1. They are very draw dependent.
2. They take a long time (often too long) to set up.
3. They are vulnerable to disruption via locks, movement, or removal of key links.
4. They are not usually able to directly respond to opponent threats.

Even with defenders, I find I need either a quicker punch or multiple engine possibilities. Priest-turtle is a useful tool. Priest-Blueboy-healer sometimes works, but you need a back-up plan - especially when priests are unavailable/neutralized. Olaf is good more for the eight point body and the attention he draws than as an engine. Vildkaarl is also very good, but better with raging bear so he doesn’t stay too weak for too long.

Olaf is good more for the eight point body and the attention he draws than as an engine.
Olaf is not an engine - he has order that is similar to one part of Bekker's Dark mirror - double the boost for the amount of suffered damage; most of the time he is (almost) free 4 damage with Knut or a decent target for Hym.

I do have backup plans - Gremist for purification, Harald Houndsnout and sometimes Sigvald as activators of berserkers or queensguard and some bronze self-damage of course (I just didn't mention them since TS has pretty identical to mine set of cards for Svalblod self-wound - aside from Hjalmar; I only played him when Heimdall was rowlocked and boosted himself by the amount of damage dealt by warrior - almost a year ago).

Also, just like TS I try to play with cards that are... underplayed, to say the least; yes, you won't always have perfect matchup or perfect hand but when it is pulled off - it is so satisfying to see!

Top Bottom