Chronicles are here!

+

The latest card drop, dubbed “Chronicles” features 24 new cards — 12 golds and 12 bronzes of various types, including a selection of Knights of Toussaint, founding members of Clan Brokvar, as well as denizens of "Tir ná Lia", where riders of the Wild Hunt hail from.​

The card drop is available for free as part of the game’s latest update, which also features regular gameplay balance changes.​

Presenting the Chronicles Pack:​

Starting today, the GWENT in-game store is hosting a special, limited-time offer. The Chronicles Pack contains all of the new cards from the Chronicles card drop in their premium animated versions, as well as the all-new Foltest Army Commander Skin. The pack will be available until December 6th, 10:00 AM CET.​

Silly question: I don't have any of the new cards...not sure why. I'll probably end up buying the premium pack anyway, but I thought the base versions of the Chronicles Pack were free? Any idea why they wouldn't be in my inventory?

rrc

Forum veteran
Silly question: I don't have any of the new cards...not sure why. I'll probably end up buying the premium pack anyway, but I thought the base versions of the Chronicles Pack were free? Any idea why they wouldn't be in my inventory?
They are not free. The only way you can craft or get them from kegs. Or you can buy this pack so that you get all cards in premium version.

Thanks for the response @rrc The wording is just puzzling to me:

"The card drop is available for free as part of the game’s latest update, which also features regular gameplay balance changes."

DRK3

Forum veteran
Thanks for the response @rrc The wording is just puzzling to me:

"The card drop is available for free as part of the game’s latest update, which also features regular gameplay balance changes."
Just your typical terrible wording by the Gwent team, you're absolutely right that is very misleading, however this system is the same as all the previous expansions, you can get the new cards by crafting or get all the premiums by buying them.

Just your typical terrible wording by the Gwent team, you're absolutely right that is very misleading, however this system is the same as all the previous expansions, you can get the new cards by crafting or get all the premiums by buying them.

Appreciate it @DRK3

Why??????:
These cards play very different roles. Aen Elle Slave Trader has a much higher ceiling. It plays for substantial potential value, control, and value reset -- unlike the NG locks which are almost purely control. Moreover, it has interesting interaction with itself (only one Slave Trader needs to be tall to activate both).

You can argue Slave Trader is overpriced because it is too hard to trigger, or because it requires too much support, or because it is too slow to trigger. But the abilities of the compared cards are not close enough to justify the implied conclusion that MO cards are significantly worse than NG cards by basis of the comparison alone.

These cards play very different roles. Aen Elle Slave Trader has a much higher ceiling. It plays for substantial potential value, control, and value reset -- unlike the NG locks which are almost purely control. Moreover, it has interesting interaction with itself (only one Slave Trader needs to be tall to activate both).

You can argue Slave Trader is overpriced because it is too hard to trigger, or because it requires too much support, or because it is too slow to trigger. But the abilities of the compared cards are not close enough to justify the implied conclusion that MO cards are significantly worse than NG cards by basis of the comparison alone.
This being true, it think the Sllave Trader could be 4 provision because it requires setup. That being said, if the frost is 100+ then 5 provision might be too low.

Top Bottom