City race with Claire feels unfinished

+
Just played the first race with Claire and won it. Race itself was fine and there was a little conversation after, but too little to my taste, but ok. Then she offers me a ride back to the shop - dunno why I would want to go there, but I always accept rides when offered, because there is usually some cool dialogue when riding with another character... except this time I was totally let down by a totally silent ride and she drops me off on a random street (that is not outside her garage) without even a "see you later".

Just played the first race with Claire and won it. Race itself was fine and there was a little conversation after, but too little to my taste, but ok. Then she offers me a ride back to the shop - dunno why I would want to go there, but I always accept rides when offered, because there is usually some cool dialogue when riding with another character... except this time I was totally let down by a totally silent ride and she drops me off on a random street (that is not outside her garage) without even a "see you later".
You have a point.

Should've offered a ride back to the starting point of the race. The trip could indeed do with some more dialog. But I guess this is way better then Claire not offering a lift at all and just leaving you there.

If you didn't finish Claire quest line, I don't want to spoil you too much so I'll avoid a "long" explanation about why she maybe have a good reason to not want talk during the ride. I would just say that she is definitely thinking of something else on the ride :)
Even if I felt the same the first time, I think it's intentional.
And it's not "random" spot, it's in front of her garage in Arroyo ;)

Well I think all those rides without any dialogues are kind of boring and still asking myself why they didnt bother to add couple sentences of extra stuff which would give players totally different expierence.

I hear she becomes cold with you after finishing the race, is this true?

I always stopped her from executing samson so she could live without the burden of taking a life so I never chose to finish the race.

I don't accept the ride back with Claire anymore because of this, you don't have to sit through the whole drive though, (O on Playstation or B on XBOX should skip it if there's no dialogue) but moreover, it's weird that the game thinks I need or even want a ride back to Claire's garage in Arroyo. The race's starting point or even outside V's Megabuilding would make a lot more sense.

2OP I think you have a very good point with this. I was too surprised (negatively) with silent back rides. This serie of mission defnitelly would benefit from more talking with Claire ... and she have what to say with all hers experiences from Afterlife bar.

Last edited:
Top Bottom