Closed Beta is Now Live!

+

Burza46

CD PROJEKT RED
Closed Beta is Now Live!

The closed beta of GWENT: The Witcher Card Game is now live! Today we will send out the first batch of invites. We plan on sending out more codes in future waves. For more information please consult the official FAQ here.

I've been waiting so long for this , and here it is. Lovely.
By the way , I know it's hard to predict when each player will get to beta test , but could you at least describe some periods , like "PLAYERS THAT SIGNED IN FOR THE BETA IN MONTH [x] WILL GET TO TEST THE GAME AT THE [y] th WEEK. "
I know there's an answer to this in the FAQ , but "soon" doesn't really satisfy an excited soon-to-be player. I also know there's a lot on your shoulders now , and that you have a lot of work to do , but I'll ( we'll , maybe ) appreciate any pointers.

So, they will send invites to us every day? Every second day or every week or what? I mean, I am refreshing me e-mails every 5 minutes, hoping to get the invitation. Hype is real!

so sad that I didn't get in...I was so excited today...:cry:

oh well congrats to all members of the forum which received the keys today :)

Seems like most things we mentioned here on the forum after the KTS event, was "fixed" by cdpr, nice!

Though the only main "bad" part that I saw right at the start is the Music. First, it's way too low even if it's on 100. Just compare the Standard volume it to other games like The Witcher 3. Second, I really miss theye dynamic Gwent songs from TW3 game. So I ask again what many people already did, is there a chance we also get the original tracks from the game? What I heard in my 1. hour in the Beta is more of a "relaxing sleeping" music, the exact opposite what we got in TW3 (Loud,Dance,Drinking music :D )

If anyone wants to see the shop and how a keg opens: https://youtu.be/TkrRFkeRvnM?t=8m36s

Last edited:
Seems like most things we mentioned here on the forum after the KTS event, was "fixed" by cdpr, nice!

Though the only main "bad" part that I saw right at the start is the Music. First, it's way too low even if it's on 100. Just compare the Standard volume it to other games like The Witcher 3. Second, I really miss theye dynamic Gwent songs from TW3 game. So I ask again what many people already did, is there a chance we also get the original tracks from the game? What I heard in my 1. hour in the Beta is more of a "relaxing sleeping" music, the exact opposite what we got in TW3 (Loud,Dance,Drinking music :D )

If anyone wants to see the shop and how a keg opens: https://youtu.be/TkrRFkeRvnM?t=8m36s

Oh yeah, i really loved the new songs the implemented with the Blood and Wine DLC. Some more of those would do a great job.

is each round of invites daily?
im a little salty that i didnt get in, also salty that a few streamers that i watch now and again who have, for the most part powered through the witcher 3 not really experiencing the game to its full potential get into the GWENT closed beta.

when the announcement happened at E3 you know i was all over that, signing up asap.
i put a hell of a lot of time into the witcher 3, 21 days 1 hour and 17mins to be precise, there hasnt been a stone not unturned.

it would just be dissapointing not to get into the closed beta and see others who just powered through the hype train the game generated when it was released.

fingers crossed i get into round 2.

Last edited:
i hope we can get keys soon. Kill the servers was not enough :sadtriss: i was looking forward to this date like a game release but no luck. i dont understand the release system (i was hoping it would be first come first serve type) , i subscribed the second day when the join beta button was active and no luck.

First of all, thanks for the code! Got in on the second batch today and already having a blast!

I do have a question regarding the Shop. I assume there will be a wipe before OB begins, so will we get refunded? Will the "kegs bought" remain? How will that work?

Cheers

First of all, thanks for the code! Got in on the second batch today and already having a blast!

I do have a question regarding the Shop. I assume there will be a wipe before OB begins, so will we get refunded? Will the "kegs bought" remain? How will that work?

Cheers

If there is a wipe during one of the phases (be it closed beta or open), you will get back the number of kegs you bought.

If there is a wipe during one of the phases (be it closed beta or open), you will get back the number of kegs you bought.

Sweet! I shall throw money at the screen then!

Also, you said "If there is a wipe" so is that not yet finalized? Is there a chance there won't be a wipe? Or is that one of those "I'd have to kill you if I told you" kind of questions. Like "When does Cyberpunk release?" :D

Sweet! I shall throw money at the screen then!

Also, you said "If there is a wipe" so is that not yet finalized? Is there a chance there won't be a wipe? Or is that one of those "I'd have to kill you if I told you" kind of questions. Like "When does Cyberpunk release?" :D

I can't answer the last one since we're here on these forums to talk about GWENT. ;)

We obviously would prefer not to do any progression wipes because it's never a good thing when you lose all your progress, but please keep in mind that the game is still very much in development and many things can happen, so we'd like to leave that door open. But again, wanted to emphasize that if it does happen, we won't leave you guys hangin'.

is each round of invites daily?
im a little salty that i didnt get in, also salty that a few streamers that i watch now and again who have, for the most part powered through the witcher 3 not really experiencing the game to its full potential get into the GWENT closed beta.

when the announcement happened at E3 you know i was all over that, signing up asap.
i put a hell of a lot of time into the witcher 3, 21 days 1 hour and 17mins to be precise, there hasnt been a stone not unturned.

it would just be dissapointing not to get into the closed beta and see others who just powered through the hype train the game generated when it was released.

fingers crossed i get into round 2.

Yeah im kindoff salty to, i just dont see the deal were a streamer gets a key who signed up yesterday and someone who signed up at the show at E3 doesnt. I mean i dont wanna be the bad guy right now CD, but you are kindoff shitting your fans witch waited so long for this like me and a lot of other guys here.

Wrote it with Phone sry

Yeah im kindoff salty to, i just dont see the deal were a streamer

And? It's random?! The biggest polish cardgame streamer on Twitch (2-3k viewers) also had to wait until wave 2 (21 o`clock) until he got his key, while I was already playing for hours (and I'm a random boy :D).

Instead of being "salty" just be positive. According to the Twitter pages there will be more keys given away in the next days, maybe tomorrow?

Also, is the Level 3+ progression bugged, or just not implemented yet? Everyone is saying that they don't get any rewards, me included.

I get the saltiness, I felt a twinge of it myself. Then I got to thinking, I'm at work and probably wouldn't be about till play until Saturday evening at the earliest...maybe if I do get a code I should pass it off to some who can play...Of course I didn't get one, but hopefully later at a time I can play.

I really want to play, but at the same time I've got other things I need to do. It is looking great from what little I've seen and I hope that those that do have codes and are able to play now are having a great time with it and have some helpful feedback for the folks working on Gwent at CD Projekt.

Top Bottom