Clothes slots amount changed for already owned (1.5)

+
I'm finding that the simplest way to get common/uncommon level mods is to buy clothes from vendors where they have them pre-installed. E.g. a pair of sneakers with common armadillo attached.

I think the most I've spent just to get a common armadillo mod is 5000 eddies haha. But it's sort-of okay because I'm selling everyone a life-time supply of legendary netrunner suits anyway :p

To be honest, it doesn't really take that long... Plus most vendors tend to sell epic/rare armadillos as well.

That being said, I still think V should be able to make all rarities of mods, just like she can with everything else. I have a feeling they'll change this later on...

I still quite beginning of the game and got distracted (FINALLY FUCKING OLYMPIC GOLD IN HOCKEY!!!) more than slightly due other events, but so far I have tried to replicate my first playthrough with Nomad who was very practical mercenary and still, so far so good. There are couple of armadillo mods that has come with clothes but investing to Body still really pays off.

So still, so far so good for casual gamers playing on normal.

OLYMPIC FUCKING GOLD!!!

Very Hard with the right build and i can stand out in the open and kill the NCPD until the games doesn't spawn anymore in.

No need to heal. Before 1.5 i had a full armadillo build. Running with 8 in body.

New reduced armor is only a minor hindrance.

Doesn't work for me - my crafting level is at 18, so even without perks, I can only craft legendary level mods (most of them, that is). Resetting perks merely blocks you off from crafting them at all.

I guess for people doing a new playthrough, they can try to avoid crafting until they're at a higher level, in order to avoid leveling up that attribute.
E.g. craft a bunch of green armadillos at level 50 >>> level up the crafting attribute >>> craft a bunch of blue armadillos >>>> etc., etc.
I have the same problem.
What they should have done is "add" the next grade of said mod as a craftable. Not replace the next grade with the previous one.
Post automatically merged:

Yes, this needs to be improved.
you can't just go and buy the mod you want, you have to go through the trash cans to find it...

I also don’t like that not all clothes can be legendary and that you can’t upgrade ordinary clothes to legendary, you definitely need a damn blueprint
I would like it if upgrading lower grade clothing can unlock a higher grade for then.
I for one usually keep my starting outfit at hand to somewhat roleplay wether I'm doing Nomad affair or sprint around in city.
En then Iblike to wear "V's favourite/OG" clothing (partial or fully)
So I spend heavy amounts of resources keeping them on level, however I would like it if upgarding also increases its rarity.
I do believe however at least there's no longer a disparity with mod slots.

Last edited:
Cd project red, please make mod slots on gear by tier level not by randomly generating. I want guarantee mod slots by tier legendary should be set at 4 for torso pieces nothing less. Epic 3 for torso, rare be 1 or 2 slots. Please fix , I never got 3 or 4 slots for torso armor in game. Only once 3 slots for armor from pans group armor.
Resetting skill points should not be automated each time. When you beat game it resets as well fix put in settings to take auto reset of perks. It damage any gameplus replay or possibly hurt expansions.

Posted my own thread, but adding a comment to this one as well...

I'm cool with the changes. I might add ONE more slot to the Outer Torso (or Feet) because I like the number 10. :) 1 Head, 1 Face, 2 Outer, 2 Inner, 2 Legs, 1 feet = 9 slots. One more slot wouldn't hurt and I have ten fingers, want ten mods. ;) But that's not my real complaint.

My real complains is that it seems like something got missed when they did the itemization passes when implementing this change. Many of the Head locations, specifically helmets, no longer have ANY mod slots. So I can add a mod to a bandana/head scarf but I can;t put a mod in a Kabuto?

That seems wrong.

ALSO - I thnk this is because it has a new 'automatic' mod/mods built in. So a lot of helmets have a natural melee damage reduction. So the game considers your one mod slot already chosen for you. Not sure that is 'cool' from a design perspective. I am all for giving some items natural benefits, but we should still be able to add a user modification to it as well.

Last edited:
You can swap mods, but I'm sure you know that and it kind of makes sense that you can't put a legendary mod in an epic item.

You can swap mods, but I'm sure you know that and it kind of makes sense that you can't put a legendary mod in an epic item.

This isn't about swapping mods. Some equipment now has 'inherent' mods. Things built in that don't show up as a 'mod' but still put text where you would see the effects of mods you had installed. For example. go buy a Kabuto, you wont find any with a mod slot, not a single one exists. This is because all Kabuto's now have an 'inherent' mod that is not removable/swappable that is 'Melee Damage Reduction'. This is true of most every helmet in the game, not just Kabutos.

It also has nothing to do about putting legendary mods in epic items, etc.

It is that virtually all helmet models/items in the game (motorcycle cap excluded) do not allow you to place a mod in them at all because they have no mod slts, because their mod slot is filled with an 'invisible', non-removable, mod.

So if you want your character to wear a helmet, they will ONLY have the option of 'Melee Damage Reduction' for it. You can't change it.

This is true as well for things like the inner torso netrunning suits. They have a built in, inherent, unremovable, 'mod' so that even at the highest quality item (legendary crafted netrunning suit) it only has a single modification slot, because the other is taken up by the invible/unremovable mod.

My suggestion would be to not have these 'inherent' mods count againstthe number of mod slots available and be considered instead a 'bonus' for that sort of equipment.

I have had 3 different hats, and all of them allow me to put mods in them, even the common one.

I have had 3 different hats, and all of them allow me to put mods in them, even the common one.
Those are hats. Helmets are different. That's the point.
I can't customize a motorcycle helmet, because it gives melee damage resistance inherently, which occupies the modification slot but its not removable, so I'm stuck with choosing something else if I want to complete my build/stat plan but then I sacrifice the roleplaying/aesthetic I wanted for the character.

It's true of many other item types. A netrunning inner torso suit will only ever get ONE modification slot because the other is taken up by an inherent bonus you can't change or remove.

Gas masks won't ever have a mod slot because they have an inherent, unremovable modification already.

Etc.

I don't really enjoy this change, but at least, now you have to choose between look good or be "armored" (but look bad).
That’s the whole point of mods..

You can look good and have loads of armour..

I personally don't like cheating in games, if you do that's fine. I've never used an armour mod or anything except a command line to finish a bugged quest (I was in the actual location for it though) and activate hiding the hat.

Not sure that the majority of mods on any games are designed and intended to "cheat". But if you have fun with that, fine :)
with over 400+ hours invested in game, all endings + their variations completed (normally) it's just a way to extend the life of the game until some substantial DLC arrives

With my last play I'm now slowly cleaning NC locations and have amor around 1700. It is not maxed, I prefered for example adding speed mod into boots and sacrficed load capacity for speed too, but I still was able clean my favourite city centre location with numerous guards, mechs, turrets and maxtac coming. I used mix of weapons, but katana (Saburo's) was still my main weapon ... with right tactic and moves is V still tough target. Above mentioned Kabuto maybe can work really well with its improved melee damage reduction for close combat. I want to say that with 1.5 seems is good idea to look on "defense" different way.

Top Bottom