High crafting can be a disadvantage for clothes mods

+
As it was before, when you crafted clothes mods you got random quality, some common, uncommon, rare, etc. And they also had random stats. But now it seems that the quality of the created mod is fixed to your crafting skill, and also always produces items of identical value (at a given level). This might seem as something good, however, frequently you find clothes that are of lower quality but better stats, or simply prettier, such that you would prefer to use those than another item of higher quality. Actually, the highest quality clothes frequently have atrocious armor stats, while you find common items that are excellent.
For example, a pair of legendary aviator glasses can be 2.7 armor (just found one like that) and practically impossible to improve much beyond that, then you find the same item, of common quality with 30 armor, with a mod slot and furthermore willing to take more improvement at a low cost in materials.
But, the common aviators will only accept common mods. You cannot apply a rare quality mod to it, for example. But my current crafting level only allows me to make rare mods. I cannot make or find a common armadillo for my glasses, for example.
There should be a way to make lower quality mods than your current skill allows, or, the restriction on mod quality should be removed (that is to allow you to apply any mod to any item). For example, in your crafting page if you have the ability to make rare Armadillo mods, you should automatically also be able to make uncommon and common ones as well. (Actually you used to be able to do it before your skill improved. So why not continue with the ability?)

As it was before, when you crafted clothes mods you got random quality, some common, uncommon, rare, etc. And they also had random stats. But now it seems that the quality of the created mod is fixed to your crafting skill, and also always produces items of identical value (at a given level). This might seem as something good, however, frequently you find clothes that are of lower quality but better stats, or simply prettier, such that you would prefer to use those than another item of higher quality. Actually, the highest quality clothes frequently have atrocious armor stats, while you find common items that are excellent.
For example, a pair of legendary aviator glasses can be 2.7 armor (just found one like that) and practically impossible to improve much beyond that, then you find the same item, of common quality with 30 armor, with a mod slot and furthermore willing to take more improvement at a low cost in materials.
But, the common aviators will only accept common mods. You cannot apply a rare quality mod to it, for example. But my current crafting level only allows me to make rare mods. I cannot make or find a common armadillo for my glasses, for example.
There should be a way to make lower quality mods than your current skill allows, or, the restriction on mod quality should be removed (that is to allow you to apply any mod to any item). For example, in your crafting page if you have the ability to make rare Armadillo mods, you should automatically also be able to make uncommon and common ones as well. (Actually you used to be able to do it before your skill improved. So why not continue with the ability?)
I do agree that i dont really like the new system either, but im guessing the reason is simply that they want you too go deeper into upgrades and crafting if you spec for if. I kinda liked the old way better but this is probably for the sake of balancing. Legendary should have advantages, and you can max it out it just takes a ton of materials -.-

If you're on PC you can change the quality of clothing to match the mod. https://www.nexusmods.com/cyberpunk2077/mods/1414. tbh upgrading clothing from one quality to the next only updates their armour for a few points. I'd just as soon keep them blue or green if I like their look. Upgrading armour level rather than quality with something like crafting is much more powerful.
Thanks for the reference, I have installed that mod. Although it is some of a cheat, I really don't care for the current quality/upgrade system which is quite ridiculous.

Thanks for the reference, I have installed that mod. Although it is some of a cheat, I really don't care for the current quality/upgrade system which is quite ridiculous

Many mods can be used for cheating. hell even CET which many mods require leaves you a few keystrokes from infinite funds. For the most part I don't bother upgrading anything with the tool if I can avoid it. I just use it so I can wear what I want to wear.

ultimately if I can buy a legendary with the mod slots for that item slot from a clothing vendor, what difference does it make if I upgrade my current item to that quality as long as it still costs me those eddies (I'll invariably buy the item anyway) except I am now looking as I wish to look and game balance maintained

Top Bottom