Confused. I already had a scanner.

+
Hi everyone. My first playthru and I'm near the start of the game, still getting to grips with it, and I'm confused.

I don't think V starts with any implants but she has a scanner. I've been scanning stuff constantly. I didn't really understand that. I went to Vic the first time and he installs an eye and says I'll now be able to scan stuff. Is this an oversight or is there an ingame explanation?

Also the dialog seems to indicate that Vs already met and taken a job from Dexter (I think was the name). Was I supposed to see him first? I don't have a quest.

Thanks everyone.

V starts with very basic cyberware, such as the eyes and a cyberdeck. What Vik does is give you an in-lore "top of the line" ocular cyberware while also connecting you to NCPD's criminal database so that you can scan people to reveal their worth in Night City when it comes to passive bounties. So it's a mini tutorial for bounties basically.

As for the dialogue; it's an oversight. If I'm not mistaken in the pre-release footage V would first meet Dex and only then go to Vik, but somewhere along the way during development V now visits Vik first and then goes to Dex, so the dialogue is messed up.

V starts with very basic cyberware, such as the eyes and a cyberdeck. What Vik does is give you an in-lore "top of the line" ocular cyberware while also connecting you to NCPD's criminal database so that you can scan people to reveal their worth in Night City when it comes to passive bounties. So it's a mini tutorial for bounties basically.

As for the dialogue; it's an oversight. If I'm not mistaken in the pre-release footage V would first meet Dex and only then go to Vik, but somewhere along the way during development V now visits Vik first and then goes to Dex, so the dialogue is messed up.
Clears that up. Thanks for that. On a side note I found that whole scene and the scanner itself incredibly cool.

I think V actually says the line "Bump Up my Sights and get a grip" Implying that there is some sort of Optic implant and the Kiroshi's are an upgrade. The thing that can be tricky is, in lore it's explained, but when you look in the menu there isn't actually any Cyberware installed except for the OS/Deck so what the menu shows and what is being said don't line up 100%

Top Bottom