Confusing weapon skin

+
HI I'm writing because I was told to stop by in welcome threads before i can post my own thread, hopefully i won't need to make my own threat cause im looking for information on why one particular weapon has a skin. It didn't bother me before because I wasn't playing a character that would like the Neon skin for the Defender LMG, but now I am and I am absolutely confused as to why in the menu, it has the neon skin, and in the game files it is "Items.Preset_Defender_Neon" but on the player model and when equipped it becomes an (admittedly cool) flaming orange skin. I've never found a real pink one, and don't even understand why this is happening, I don't think there is a weapon skin dlc or anything, and I've google searched ten times over like "Cyberpunk 2077 why is defender neon skin replaced" or even just "Cyberpunk 2077 weapon skins" but I haven't seen anyone else experience this phenomenon. To be clear, yes I am messing around right now with cheat editors, but I played a whole playthrough legitimately beforehand, 60 hours and never a pink defender. Any information is helpful, I'm trying to make a rebecca build and a pink LMG is kinda necessary
20221025050325_1.jpg
20221025050320_1.jpg

HI I'm writing because I was told to stop by in welcome threads before i can post my own thread, hopefully i won't need to make my own threat cause im looking for information on why one particular weapon has a skin. It didn't bother me before because I wasn't playing a character that would like the Neon skin for the Defender LMG, but now I am and I am absolutely confused as to why in the menu, it has the neon skin, and in the game files it is "Items.Preset_Defender_Neon" but on the player model and when equipped it becomes an (admittedly cool) flaming orange skin. I've never found a real pink one, and don't even understand why this is happening, I don't think there is a weapon skin dlc or anything, and I've google searched ten times over like "Cyberpunk 2077 why is defender neon skin replaced" or even just "Cyberpunk 2077 weapon skins" but I haven't seen anyone else experience this phenomenon. To be clear, yes I am messing around right now with cheat editors, but I played a whole playthrough legitimately beforehand, 60 hours and never a pink defender. Any information is helpful, I'm trying to make a rebecca build and a pink LMG is kinda necessary
Not sure if there is a pink Defender. At least, I don't remember to find one since release (HMG sure there is one in an assault in progress, but it's not what you want anyway^^).
But often, for many weapons, inventory image doesn't match with the real in-game skin (I have a quasar which is green in the inventory, but blue & black in my hand). My guess, it's because there are less inventory images than real weapon skins.

dang, well maybe i can find a mod or something, I think its kinda dumb that the inventory image is pink, and the item code says neon, but its flaming orange in game :/ thanks for the input, only info i've found on this thus far lel

Top Bottom