Console Roll back petition, fix re-rerolling loot

+

Reroll loot option rollback to 1.06

• No, it's fine as is, balance and Devs just need to ensure legendaries have mod slots

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Currently after 200+ hours, I have decided patch 1.1 and the inability to reroll loot has stopped me playing, I was going for widest set of legendaries and epics, to not just wear the same stuff as everyone else.
Now that element has gone, so has my need to play, epics have more slots than legendary now.

Could you vote to roll back this change before people like myself lose interest in this previously amazing game, fashion farming allowed me to ignore bugs.

Attachments

• IMG_20210121_091122.jpg
    IMG_20210121_091122.jpg
    4.6 MB · Views: 151
Last edited:
You know all CDPR would need to do is overhaul the Upgrade system to allow you to actually upgrade your gear quality from Common-Uncommon-Rare-Epic-Legendary and each tier could give the max mod slots for that tier until you get the max amount with legendary.

Extra mod slots makes absolutely no difference apart from at one point and thats if your running at the start of the game to save scum lvl 4 legendarys with max mod slots for say abit of extra armour, other than that nothing is lost.

If indeed your fashion farming as you say then you know the amount of mod slots means nothing, i've ran about with fully equipped rare/epic gear with 1 or 2 mod slots per item and have managed perfectly fine even on the highest difficulty.

They have said these patches will also be laying the ground work for future updates so why not wait an see before making mountains outtae mole hills

Edit: The picture you posted actually has more than enough mod slots to tackle the hardest content, which isnt much, you have no need for more

Why contradict yourself here. I need mod slots for armadillo mods. 400 armor is better than 53.

Simple solution. Give to every unique Legendary gear a set level with a set number of sockets and then make them part of a ''Treasure Hunt'' quest chain, similar to how it was in Witcher 3. Items will spawn in the world only when players are near their level range and quests will be handled through phone messages.

Simple, cheap and most importantly, easy to implement. Zero reasons for save scumming afterwards.

I see what your saying, but when your doing fashion PLUS functionality. It sucks you can't get max mods.

Thats the choice you make though

As i said the only time a extra mod slot could be handy is at the start of the game for some more armour but after the heist, or even before if you cleared watson first thus getting lvl 15/16, they extra slots are just not needed, thus the vast majority of the game.

I got a lvl 40 char there decked out in all epic just for the looks all with 1 slot to 2 per piece and 1.6k armour that steamrolled every bit of content easily, every character i make does the same which is just wear what they like the look of regardless of quality and im fine, a couple mod slots would make zero difference after a certain point very early in the game

Dont get me wrong Legendary's should never spawn with 0 or 1 mod slot, at minimum Legendarys should have 2 slots

They fixed an exploit that some people were abusing by "scum-saving". There is no way that was an intended game mechanic. So I see no reason to roll back what was essentially a bug.

On the other hand, they do indeed need to fix the way loot drops especially at the legendary level. Legendary items should not have 0 mod slots. As it stands now the only difference between an uncommon item and legendary item with 0 mod slots is the background colour. Probably the easiest (and dumbest) way to fix this is by fixing the number of slots based on rarity. (i.e.
uncommon- 0 mods, Common - 1 mod, etc.)

Personally, I go for fashion at the moment since the game is easy enough as it is. So any mod slots are more of a bonus.

Extra mod slots makes absolutely no difference apart from at one point and thats if your running at the start of the game to save scum lvl 4 legendarys with max mod slots for say abit of extra armour, other than that nothing is lost.

If indeed your fashion farming as you say then you know the amount of mod slots means nothing, i've ran about with fully equipped rare/epic gear with 1 or 2 mod slots per item and have managed perfectly fine even on the highest difficulty.

They have said these patches will also be laying the ground work for future updates so why not wait an see before making mountains outtae mole hills

Edit: The picture you posted actually has more than enough mod slots to tackle the hardest content, which isnt much, you have no need for more
The reason I have good clothes mods is due to re-roll I thought that would be pretty clear, fashion hunting doesn't mean use uncommon gear, it means get the best looking gear and slowly search for the highest spec of said gear.
ie. Fairy frost coat, I had in green, then found one in rare, but no mod slots so was looking for a rare with mod slots, hopefully to find an epic at some point (so it was actually usable).

We shouldn't have to choose it's dumb I gotta play through I ton of content to get some glorified leather jacket with a yellow frame just to find it has the same number of mod slots as a rare item. At least before I could fix it.

The reason I have good clothes mods is due to re-roll I thought that would be pretty clear, fashion hunting doesn't mean use uncommon gear, it means get the best looking gear and slowly search for the highest spec of said gear.
ie. Fairy frost coat, I had in green, then found one in rare, but no mod slots so was looking for a rare with mod slots, hopefully to find an epic at some point (so it was actually usable).
The clothes you have in the picture either come as legendary or are crafted as legendary with the exception of the feet and eye pieces to which the feet are easily bought of a vendor at epic 2 mod slot regularly after about lvl 34.

The "best" looking gear is subjective to each individual, i can buy denim short recipe at the start of the game and craft 1 with 1 mod slot and they shorts will do me the rest of the game with just swapping out the mod, i can attain a full rare set of gear at the start, or before the heist, all with 1 mod slot, love the look and wear it and have it relevant for the entire game simply by upgrading the mod every few lvls.

What you should be asking for is vendor refresh to be better or more recipes/options to clothing be available or a way to increase rarity through crafting, mod slots are not a problem, unless its a legendary with 0, thats just wrong

i'm missing option to say NO, its fine as it is... at least players cant max out armor easily, and then complain game is too easy...

Thats the choice you make though

As i said the only time a extra mod slot could be handy is at the start of the game for some more armour but after the heist, or even before if you cleared watson first thus getting lvl 15/16, they extra slots are just not needed, thus the vast majority of the game.

I got a lvl 40 char there decked out in all epic just for the looks all with 1 slot to 2 per piece and 1.6k armour that steamrolled every bit of content easily, every character i make does the same which is just wear what they like the look of regardless of quality and im fine, a couple mod slots would make zero difference after a certain point very early in the game

Dont get me wrong Legendary's should never spawn with 0 or 1 mod slot, at minimum Legendarys should have 2 slots
Well, it's true but the fact that the game is poorly balanced isn't a justification for Legendary items to be worst than Epics (it just doesn't make sense).

That's kind of the problem with this game, there's so many things to fix that CDPR is gonna have to make some rework on entire systems because just changing some elements here and there is just not enough.

For example, removing the RNG aspect of the loot fixes the save scum issue but causes some none sensical issue in return where the gears you get from them are always the same, they have to rework the loot system from boxes and the like entierly.

In fact, it's the whole "stat related to your equipment" issue all over again. If you try to make the game more fair, you reduce the player's freedom fashion wise but if you're trying to encourage fashion, then you end up with the ability to save scum and reroll potentially better gear which is technically an exploit.

There's no real solution because they went for a flawed system in the first place.

Top Bottom