Consoles NEED Gyro Aim Support for Cyberpunk 2077

+
I would personally have rephrased the topic a bit.
I would disagree with the statement in that the game needs it. Personally I've never used I dont think and never missed it, so there's that.
If it were to be added as an option... then each can choose their own way about it.

I would personally have rephrased the topic a bit.
I would disagree with the statement in that the game needs it. Personally I've never used I dont think and never missed it, so there's that.
If it were to be added as an option... then each can choose their own way about it.
The game does NEED it for the sake that many people prefer it plus it adds additional accessibility for those who are handicapped. Its a system that needs to start becoming standardized for controllers.

But as I stated in the main post, it would never replace traditional stick aiming. Yes, good Gyro is far superior to good stick aiming mechanics--for one, Aim Assist is shut off since its not needed due to much more intuitive aiming system (much like using a mouse on PC). But not everyone can adapt to gyro and also, there are handicapped individuals who could only use stick aiming and not gyro, such as those with wrist issues.

The game does NEED it for the sake that many people prefer it plus it adds additional accessibility for those who are handicapped. Its a system that needs to start becoming standardized for controllers.

But as I stated in the main post, it would never replace traditional stick aiming. Yes, good Gyro is far superior to good stick aiming mechanics--for one, Aim Assist is shut off since its not needed due to much more intuitive aiming system (much like using a mouse on PC). But not everyone can adapt to gyro and also, there are handicapped individuals who could only use stick aiming and not gyro, such as those with wrist issues.
No, the game does not need it.
It works perfectly fine without. The fact that you or anyone else might PREFER it, does not mean its a necesity.

Please drop that argument before it gets personal.

You think the game needs this feature? Perfectly fine.
You don't think the game needs this feature? Perfectly fine.

But nobody's opinion is superior to anyone else's.

Adding my bump to that discussion as well.

I've been gaming on PC only for more than 10 years now, and in the last 5 or so I've used gyro aim set up through steam in every single game that requires some sort of aim. I've played CP77 on release like this as well, and even finished some games using flick stick that is really neat. Now I've recently got a PS5 and really wanted to try it bc it'll have much better graphics than my current PC can handle, and I don't want to be forced to choose between graphics or gyro. To be honest, I'm holding off on watching edgrunners bc I'm sure I'll be tempted to play it again after it.

I think it's pointless to discuss wether this is a gimmic or not, all I know is that I'm so used to that feature that it's indeed a need for me. While I can still play some games with minor need for aim on a thumbstick, fast paced games like this causes a mass confusion on my brain, bc my reflexes always tell me to move the controller and when it does nothing... well... I die. I tried it a few times, couldn't go past the first shooting. I'm currently prioritizing most games on the PS5 bc it's my newest hardware, but fast paced shooters are simply a no buy for me without gyro aim.

Also I don't get why some people get so upset with people asking for the feature with arguments like "oh, I don't need it", well, good for you, enjoy the game. I mean, it's not like we're asking developers to force gyro aim upon everyone, we're asking for an optional feature, if you don't like it just disable it, simple like that. The game having it or not won't change a thing in your experience, so why bother criticizing those who want it?

Adding my bump to that discussion as well.

I've been gaming on PC only for more than 10 years now, and in the last 5 or so I've used gyro aim set up through steam in every single game that requires some sort of aim. I've played CP77 on release like this as well, and even finished some games using flick stick that is really neat. Now I've recently got a PS5 and really wanted to try it bc it'll have much better graphics than my current PC can handle, and I don't want to be forced to choose between graphics or gyro. To be honest, I'm holding off on watching edgrunners bc I'm sure I'll be tempted to play it again after it.

I think it's pointless to discuss wether this is a gimmic or not, all I know is that I'm so used to that feature that it's indeed a need for me. While I can still play some games with minor need for aim on a thumbstick, fast paced games like this causes a mass confusion on my brain, bc my reflexes always tell me to move the controller and when it does nothing... well... I die. I tried it a few times, couldn't go past the first shooting. I'm currently prioritizing most games on the PS5 bc it's my newest hardware, but fast paced shooters are simply a no buy for me without gyro aim.

Also I don't get why some people get so upset with people asking for the feature with arguments like "oh, I don't need it", well, good for you, enjoy the game. I mean, it's not like we're asking developers to force gyro aim upon everyone, we're asking for an optional feature, if you don't like it just disable it, simple like that. The game having it or not won't change a thing in your experience, so why bother criticizing those who want it?
Oh man I got quite use to Flick Stick Gyro as well. And then I started playing CoD MW2 beta that has no Gyro Aim for PS5 (sadly) and for effs sakes I kept instinctively tilting my controller and sometimes moving the stick as if I was using Flick Stick Gyro hahah. Took me maybe 3 or 4 hours to readjust back to analog aiming with aim assist. God it was weird at first though lol. And boy it was back to being sluggish and slow in aiming vs Gyro.

One day, Devs will finally have a trifold standard for input options for consoles: MnK, Gyro Aim, and traditional Analog Stick Aim.

Last edited:
Top Bottom