Constant frame drops on 4090

+
Figures. Game ran great before on my 4090. Now even with latest drivers, dropping resolution and lowered settings FPS constantly tanks making it a stuttering mess to play. How is performance still hit and miss on this game? INB4, someone tells me "iTs YoUr RiG bRuH," when my 20 years of devops experience proves otherwise; it isnt the rig.

Since I had to grab the latest driver, Nvidia must be getting ready to pitch the world the "next gen" of GPUs (yet again) riding on the coattails of CP2077 (yet again) by screwing up performance (yet again) to exploit this partnership (yet again) - so "for really reals... NOW this is the best way to play it." (yet... again).

I was so excited to dive into this update too.

I am having major FPS drops. Half of what I normally got. I have a Radeon RX 6900XT.

I was excited for this update as well. Completely unplayable now. I always ran at max graphics and ray tracing on and would get a solid constant 60 FPS. After the update, I now am lucky to get 30 with ray tracing on. If I turn off ray tracing, I still only average 30-40.

I was halfway through a fresh save and was really digging the way I had everything set with my cyberware and weapons. Now I wonder if I will even get to play again. I hadn't even touched Phantom Liberty yet either.

Not gonna tell you it's your rig, but something must be wrong in the install then. I am running a RTX4080 with an old i7-8700K. All settings are max except Crowd Density. PT+RR+FG on. 3440x1440 DLSS Quality. My frames are more or less the same as before the update. Usually 70-80fps. Maybe down as low as 60fps in the most crowded area (that's with FrameGen so real frames are obviously like half that). I do notice, I think, some places where I get a hitch or two in framerate and the most crowded areas like the markets seem a couple frames slower now. But that's about it.

I ended up doing a clean install though after updating because I wanted to be sure nothing was left over mucking up the performance. If you don't want to do that, maybe try deleting UserSettings.json and then redoing all your settings in game (take some notes or screenshots before deleting). It's possible the graphics settings are corrupted or something. I did notice DLSS was off to begin with after the update which means they probably changed the settings file format and it's causing issues updating.

If nuking the settings file doesn't work, you might have to do a clean install. Back up your savegame files first. Instructions around here somewhere on the folders/files you need to delete to make sure it's clean before reinstalling.

Top Bottom