Content Updates? Would like an Answer.

+
In the hotel sequence of the prologue I watched Jackie limp towards the elevator whilst getting pummelled by a dozen guards. Very immersive.

I'd understand if important characters were basically immortal on the easiest difficulty, but how is that good gameplay for the normal setting lol?
It's not. It's a bad mechanic to fall in line with their marketed "no fail states" bullshit

The game lacks so much content to match the initial expectations of users that I doubt if much more will be added. It's better to turn the page, not rush any more games like this one, and get The Witcher 4 out by 2027. :smart:

The game lacks so much content to match the initial expectations of users that I doubt if much more will be added. It's better to turn the page, not rush any more games like this one, and get The Witcher 4 out by 2027. :smart:

If they leave this game as it is then I hope they go into financial ruin. They certainly won't be taking another penny from me.

This is cool and all, that your main focus is fixing bugs/glitches, but what about all the content of the game you guys removed before release? I'm talking "Braindances/JoyToys/Different Color Vehicles We Can Buy/Vehicle Customization/Clothes/Character Customization(character creator and ingame after you are playing like body/face/hair/tattoos/peircings/nails/genitals)." Npc's have way more customization on them than we get. Npc's also have 100x more clothes than we get. What about crafting? Why can't I craft all the clothes that are currently available? Why can't I upgrade common into uncommon > rare > epic > Legendary? Are these issues going to be addressed? Are you going to add this content that should have been in the game since launch? Or will these be ignored and not put in the game? If you're not going to add this content to the game, then can you release a creation tool for modders to add these to the game? I'd add all of this to the game if I had the tools to do so. Give us the tools if you won't add this kind's of content. It's bad enough we paid 60 dollars for a half-baked-game.

I agree with every single word.
The reason they released the game without fixing the bug is,
It is doubtful that it was deliberately done to hide all their flaws.

For the subject OP presented, I think its too soon to release a roadmap, the disaster just happened and if their management have some sort common sense they won't release a roadmap where they can't deliver in time or it will be just like Anthem (yikes).

Regarding investors in general, if you want your company to keep their freedom avoid at all costs open shares for the market to buy, investors (most of then) don't care what happened they want their investment back plus profit, they don't care how you will achieve it. The drop in the stocks is only natural, the bad reception from their loyal consumers means that we will be wary to buy future products, this means the expansions and even the consumption of online. Don't fool yourself thinking the investors are concerned that we didn't like the game and want to tell CDK to do better.

But this is just me preaching to the choir, now the big question is would be cyberpunk be even viable to produce without their money? Maybe a humble approach would be in order for this game, be pc and xbox only game at first like TW2 and then branch out as you get the feel on your project. Also CDK done one the major sins that a gaming company can do, invested way too much on hot air marketing and little compared to their HR and their own game, in the end CDK didn't respect their consumers, their workers and their own game.

I'll take that over this every day
I'm not defending CDPR. I would prefer even GTA 3 16 years old algorithms for traffic, crime and NPC over CP2077 own code. But Rockstar RDR2 mission design is awful.

On the other side, I'm even re-evaluation Fallout 4. Story is bland and so is their world characterization (they really don't deserve to own the Fallout franchise, it's wasted in their hands) but at least it's a complete and functional game (and Bethesda bugs are usually amusing, not depressing! :D)

I want to like that game really and yes, i have fun with it, but there are so many missing things, especially the mini-games, barber shops, drinking and eating in restaurants / bars and so on, that would help night city to feel more alive. Where are all these things? I understand that technical problems, especially for consoles are more important for now, but please CDPR, give us a little statement what your plans are for the future of cyberpunk 2077. Will we get some of these things or not?

One of the major issues I am seeing all over of the internet. Is also my major complaint. The Story and The game do not match and its ruining the game for majority of players. Once you acquire the relic the urgency of the story is ramped up because your told you have a couple weeks to live. So reading around last night, I see a lot of complaints that a lot people once they get Johnny just start to plain the main quest line and save everything for after. Cause of the urgency of the quest line. But they get to the end and just feel empty due to the shitty endings of the game and don't feel like play the game anymore or going back to redo side missions to change the ending. Now some people are doing this, but a lot of people are also now putting the game down. This is not good news at all for CDPR. They might've fucked up beyond repair on this one. They could save the story by a couple voice edits, but the majority out there hate the endings, even the good Panam ending is mostly just meh to most.

Honestly I don't have high hopes, I doubt they will add any of the content that they removed let alone should have been in the game. I'll be surprised if they do. But my expectations for this game and their company have fallen pretty far. I don't want to wait 1 year for some either free(which it should be) or paid for dlc that adds these kinds of things to the game. All any of us can do right now is wait. Would be nice to get answers from them about this, and their intentions. My only hope is modders will find a way to add all of this.

This might be a controversial statement, but...

If they can add back in the vast majority of what was promised in terms of true RPG depth of play and a complete, living city with memorable and interactive residents, vendors, ability to explore buildings, real factions and AI, etc...then I'd be willing to pay for that as a "paid for" DLC, even if it was in the $30-40 range.

I just think the potential for what this game could be would be worth that much for a truly exciting, surprising, and replayable experience.

Add VR support and I'll pay for that, too.

This might be a controversial statement, but...

If they can add back in the vast majority of what was promised in terms of true RPG depth of play and a complete, living city with memorable and interactive residents, vendors, ability to explore buildings, real factions and AI, etc...then I'd be willing to pay for that as a "paid for" DLC, even if it was in the $30-40 range.

I just think the potential for what this game could be would be worth that much for a truly exciting, surprising, and replayable experience.

Add VR support and I'll pay for that, too.

To include stuff cut? No way, we already paid for the game. They owe you, me and everyone who bought this game the experience they marketed for us, don't let then shake your money off.
I will pay for expansion stuff for sure, but for patches? This is insanity and will cultivate a really bad behavior. Oopsie I intentionally left the game incomplete, but for extra 40 USD you will get the full experience! Awesome guys amirite?

I don't think it's a far stretch for me to say that most of us here are just disappointed. Not because of the overhype but because of the potential you see when you play the game, what could have been...

I hope we get content updates but I feel it will only scratch the surface, like finally being able to change hairstyles and some other pretty petty stuff compared to what we lost. The performance will improve sure but that's too little to late, most of us already saw what this game has to offer and at best case we might come back when the DLC rolls around. Fundamentally your choices really do not matter, and even when they do they don't (Ending).

Main mission will still be short, relationships will always leave wanting for more, side characters will not get enough screen time and you will never be fully immersed in the world. (Bar crawls, car chases, minigames with companions, hangouts with characters etc..)

The ending was a big letdown in terms of what we accomplished, all that time for nothing. Regardless what ending you get as a player it's the same as if you got the worst one because you don't get to experience what you fought for after the credits roll anyway."

To include stuff cut? No way, we already paid for the game. They owe you, me and everyone who bought this game the experience they marketed for us, don't let then shake your money off.
I will pay for expansion stuff for sure, but for patches? This is insanity and will cultivate a really bad behavior. Oopsie I intentionally left the game incomplete, but for extra 40 USD you will get the full experience! Awesome guys amirite?
You already know the excuse though, "Everything shown is subject to change".

I agree though, CDPR doesn't deserve a free pass either. I just highly doubt they'll continue to deliver that stuff "free". It'll probably be part of the expansion passes.

Something about the game feels off. The Wiki says there was a Dev team of 500. It shows in the city and art detail, but the city and the gameplay don't match. I like the game, what I've seen so far but there is a lot of window dressing without substance. I'm hoping content is released longer than just a few DLCs. The base game has incredible potential to release content for years.

Okay.
So im new to this forum, actually stumbled across it while searching for answers.

So i have the game on my ps4 slim and even though the graphics might not be as expected and there are some bugs here and there. I was really enjoying the game and the story so far (about 20 hours in. Doing alot of side stuff) but didnt understand something. Where is all the features that were shown in the game. For instant the monowire as said here is missing features for the trailer. And when you start looking the game misses a whole list of features promised to us in the trailers and interviews.

Does anyone have any idea if this'll be added in future updates/free dlc. Because it has severely lowered my desire to play this game.

If they leave this game as it is then I hope they go into financial ruin. They certainly won't be taking another penny from me.
They won't they love their games... I mean they have still done work to the original Witcher Game and how long has that been out.

CD Projekt Red love what they make and they will make it as close to perfect over time. They will add content when it is ready.

Honestly I don't know. CDPR have the ability to pull off all the things they promised, they just didn't. Rockstar don't care enough except pushing their already famous franchises.
Actually they havn't ever shown the ability to pull off anything (open world interactive) like Bethesda, Ubisoft, or
Rockstar has ...weather you like their games or not.
They have 'said' they could. They have lied and obviously misrepresented themselves on a fraud level
when it came to this game. Witcher 3 was decent, but take away the missions, and scripted stuff and you see how the world is not very interactive. They had the intentions and desires, but NOT the ability. They hoped John Wick and lots of smoke
and mirrors would distract the young and non seasoned gamers from the lack of content..and it worked..with them..with some..those who still hope content will come lol.
Instead of coming clean..they just lied and went for the cash grab..for whatever reason..doesn't matter anymore. The
game will never get content they are incapable of creating. They couldn't do it 2 years, and if they could it would
PC hardware very few can afford to run. They promised the sun..the impossible. The only hope for an amazing interactive world coming up ..will be either Starfield, next Elder Scrolls, or the next GTA..love them or hate them..that's what you'll be offered.

Time to accept reality. If you want an amazing, interactive world with decent npc ai..etc...then stay away from Project Red.
It's that simple. If by some tiny chance they do release half the content they Promised..it would be over a year from now, and since the game has basically zero replayability..it's kind of just ruined for most of us. The content would have needed to
have been there from the beginning. I uninstalled as soon as realized it was beautiful shell of a world. I've moved on, and I'm
happy to say 'Never again Project Red'..never..lol.

I will be very surprised if we see any new content. CDPR probably want to wash their hands of this game. Disappointment of the decade.

I disagree, if they want to rebuild their reputation then the best thing they can do is fix the issue and release the promised content.

Great example of that kind of turn around is Hello Games. They were hated by gamers after No Man Sky was released. They took the feedback and spent the next 2 years fixing their game. Now people are enjoying the game and Hello Games were highly respected for not abandoning their game like so many AAA publishers do...

The next year will really show whether CDPR is going to remain true to their roots or become another 2K or EA....

I disagree, if they want to rebuild their reputation then the best thing they can do is fix the issue and release the promised content.

Great example of that kind of turn around is Hello Games. They were hated by gamers after No Man Sky was released. They took the feedback and spent the next 2 years fixing their game. Now people are enjoying the game and Hello Games were highly respected for not abandoning their game like so many AAA publishers do...

The next year will really show whether CDPR is going to remain true to their roots or become another 2K or EA....

I completely agree with you - but I think why everyone loves the Hello Games story is because it's an oddity. It doesn't normally work out that way. I've definitely not seen an established studio do that. Maybe they will turn it around - I hope they do because the game has such potential.

Top Bottom