Crafting new cards

+
Crafting new cards

Hi guys, relatively new player here, I've been playing solidly for around two weeks or so. I've played a few other card games (namely, Hearthstone and Yugioh), and so far I'm enjoying Gwent much more. There seems to be much more strategy, more like a chess game than Hearthstone's tactics of "go face". There's one thing that seems much harder and that's getting cards in the first place. For the lower levels, getting cards means winning games, and too often I'll lose a game because I don't have cards. In fact, for the first week or so of playing I couldn't really get any wins at all (mostly due to my own lack of understanding, admittedly). I've since managed to string a few wins together with Mahakam Defender cheese and get up to rank 10, with 400 scraps, but I've still only unlocked one new gold card and (as far as I can remember) no new silvers. Am I missing something? Should I not be spending all my ore on kegs? I see so many people running so many good gold/silver cards, and while yes, I could spend my scrap on an epic, I can't help feeling like I'm doing something wrong. Especially considering it's a beta, and I'd assume CDPR would want people to actually be able to test out the cards they've added. I'd rather not just bulk buy kegs, at least not until the game's out of beta and I know my account won't get reset.

Another quick question, but is there any way to check what's just been played? I know there's a picture to the side but it doesn't really tell you what effects are used, and is pretty much useless for new players in regards to special cards (I'm just about picking up the difference between Stemmelforth's Tremors and Dimeritium Bomb).

Thanks

Tactician's Corner has a multitude of threads about picking what to craft, or with some insight into your current deck(s) we can provide feedback here as well. If there is a wipe (and that is not definite yet - see the FAQ) your ore and scrap may not transfer either (only guarantee is if you buy kegs with cash, you will get the same number of unopened Kegs back) so there isn't really a reason not to get Kegs with your ore, and use your scrap to craft cards. I generally suggest to get to 3 of each bronze you are using (for consistency) butsine you are level 10 already, you may already be there. So, you could save up for a Legend, or craft some combination of Rare and Epic with the scrap you have now.

Personally, I crafted the Rares I needed for my decks first, then started saving up for Epics. But, if you want to get some of the "go to" Epics now while you can let us know what yo uhave and what decks yo uare using and we can make some suggestions.

SkippyHole;n7231220 said:
Another quick question, but is there any way to check what's just been played? I know there's a picture to the side but it doesn't really tell you what effects are used, and is pretty much useless for new players in regards to special cards (I'm just about picking up the difference between Stemmelforth's Tremors and Dimeritium Bomb).

If you right click on the graveyard, you can hover over the cards for full card text. The first card you see should be the last one payed (in descending order as you move right). As you start to play cards like Griffin, or just want to keep tabs on what a Medic can resurrect, you will find that you look at both graveyard more and more often. There's rarely a game that I don't open them up once or twice.

At this moment, the only thing to can spend ore on is kegs so go ahead and spend all your ore on kegs

Top Bottom