Crash on start up

+
I have played cyberpunk 2077 with almost no crash when it FIRST release in 2020. I decided to buy this new DLC and I am unable to play CYBERPUNK 2077 OR THIS DLC. I'm unable to get pass the CDPR logo crashing on startup since the 26th of September 2023. I have spent 0 seconds on cyberpunk 2077 gameplay not an actual single second of gameplay was and is being achieved.

I have tried everything on my side to remedy this issue without any resolve.

- Fresh install & Clean install of cyberpunk 2077 (app data) : Crash on start up
- No saves fresh game : Crash on start up
- Verify on steam : Crash on start up
- Windows update : Crash on start up
- Latest Nvidia drivers (537.42, 545.84): Crash on start up
- Reinstalling OS : Crash on start up

NO MODS ( *never* used any mods)

Windows 10 Pro
i7-13700k
Asus Prime Z790-P ( Latest Bios )
32 GB DDR5 5600MHz
Samsung SSD 990 PRO 2TB
EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 ULTRA GAMING LHR

I can't even refund on steam because I apparently spent over 2 freaking hours troubleshooting this...

So what do we do?

Attachments

• DxDiag.txt
    105.4 KB · Views: 105
  • GAMEPLAY.png
    GAMEPLAY.png
    44.5 KB · Views: 205
  • Cyberpunk2077.exe-20231007-062237-10640-17916.txt
    6.1 KB · Views: 85
Last edited:
- Fresh install & Clean install of cyberpunk 2077 (app data) : Crash on start up
So you completely remove everything like noticed here ?
Also the Red Launcher is appear after clicking on "Play" on Steam?

So you completely remove everything like noticed here ?
Also the Red Launcher is appear after clicking on "Play" on Steam?
Yes I completely removed like the link is stated.
The launcher does launch the game crash at the logo like in the attachment

Last edited:
Ok, annoying :(
And it's always the same error, "corrupted or incomplete game datas" ?
This error is generally due to something which went wrong during the installation of the game or because mods. Error a clean install should fix :(
Anyway, if you didn't, I highly recommend to send a ticket to the support ("contact us" button).

Ok, annoying :(
And it's always the same error, "corrupted or incomplete game datas" ?
This error is generally due to something which went wrong during the installation of the game or because mods. Error a clean install should fix :(
Anyway, if you didn't, I highly recommend to send a ticket to the support ("contact us" button).
Yeah always the same error "corrupted or incomplete game datas"
- No mods
- Clean install did not fix it
- Even after fully reinstalling the OS

I did open a ticket today in hope of a fix

I have played cyberpunk 2077 with almost no crash when it FIRST release in 2020. I decided to buy this new DLC and I am unable to play CYBERPUNK 2077 OR THIS DLC. I'm unable to get pass the CDPR logo crashing on startup since the 26th of September 2023. I have spent 0 seconds on cyberpunk 2077 gameplay not an actual single second of gameplay was and is being achieved.

I have tried everything on my side to remedy this issue without any resolve.

- No saves fresh game : Crash on start up
- Verify on steam : Crash on start up
- Windows update : Crash on start up
- Latest Nvidia drivers (537.42): Crash on start up
- Reinstalling OS : Crash on start up

NO MODS ( *never* used any mods)

Windows 10 Pro
i7-13700k
Asus Prime Z790-P ( Latest Bios )
32 GB DDR5 5600MHz
Samsung SSD 990 PRO 2TB
EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 ULTRA GAMING LHR

I can't even refund on steam because I apparently spent over 2 freaking hours troubleshooting this...

So what do we do?
I have THE EXACT SAME CPU AS YOU and im have the same problem, its looking like other people with the 13th gen cpus are having this issue aswell, ive tried literally everything just like you to no avail, i even tried with and without mods just to see, been 5 days of troubleshooting and i cant come up with anything after literally trying every possible article i found online. aswell as my own solutions.

Attachments

• Cyberpunk2077.exe-20231007-100611-21836-9716.txt
    8.7 KB · Views: 92
ok :(
And you disabled cloud synch?
In case it reinstall "corrupted" files from the cloud?
One last thing which come in my mind that you could check, knwonig your reinstalled Windows, it's Windows redistribuables.
Yeah Cloud sync is disable.
Windows Redistribution did not changed anything

Yeah Cloud sync is disable.
Windows Redistribution did not changed anything
Ok :(
One more thing, I read on the forum disabling Hyperthreading fixed crashes for some on intel 12th/13th gen.
So can you try to disable Hyperthreading in your bios?
(Just to check, because not sure it could be somehow related to "corrupted / incomplete datas" error)
If it doesn't work, I guess you will have to rely on the support, or a kind member with a better knowledge or ideally, the solution :(

Ok :(
One more thing, I read on the forum disabling Hyperthreading fixed crashes for some on intel 12th/13th gen.
So can you try to disable Hyperthreading in your bios?
(Just to check, because not sure it could be somehow related to "corrupted / incomplete datas" error)
If it doesn't work, I guess you will have to rely on the support, or a kind member with a better knowledge or ideally, the solution :(
Yeah... At this point I don't think I should be messing with the cpu for a game software.. Also the support gave me this possible work around..

Please check possible workarounds for now:
* Set Power Limit (TJ max) for your CPU to 150W
* Reduce Long and Short Duration Package Power Limit to 150 W (Intel default is 253)
* Set the maximum CPU Core Temperature to 98°
* Reduce the P-Core ratio of the processor
* Deactivate Turbo Boost of the CPU

I think this is where I draw the line. Like I said I should not be messing with the cpu settings at all to begin with. What happen if I brick my CPU? Is CDPR going to buy me a new one or anyone else? nah......

That's why I draw the line at changing CPU default settings....

I think this is where I draw the line. Like I said I should not be messing with the cpu settings at all to begin with. What happen if I brick my CPU? Is CDPR going to buy me a new one or anyone else? nah......
Not an expert, but in theory, you shouldn't brick your CPU (as long as you limit the changes to what the support suggest). But at least, you should try Hyperthreading, it's just an option to disable/enable. If it doesn't work, just enable it again. For many, the game crash when it's enabled and run "fine" when disabled.

I too appear to be having this issue. Verify didn't help me, so just now waiting for a fresh download to clean install it. I didn't consider that it might be related to the CPU. I agree suggesting users lower their power limits is a little suspect. I have a 13900k and have it lowered anyway so maybe not that, unless the reason is different. If the clean install doesn't work, I'll try disabling HT and report back.

Yeah... At this point I don't think I should be messing with the cpu for a game software.. Also the support gave me this possible work around..

Please check possible workarounds for now:
* Set Power Limit (TJ max) for your CPU to 150W
* Reduce Long and Short Duration Package Power Limit to 150 W (Intel default is 253)
* Set the maximum CPU Core Temperature to 98°
* Reduce the P-Core ratio of the processor
* Deactivate Turbo Boost of the CPU

That's why I draw the line at changing CPU default settings....
None of those settings should brick your cpu, lowering power would at worst cause crashes. The cpu will become a bit more limited and probably have lower temps but it could help if thats the problem. ive been seeing 90c on my watercooled 13900k with fairly heavy settings so this game really stresses the cpu nowdays -.- not in usage but it draws easily 200w at times.

Disabling HT seems to have done the trick. That's my initial finding at least. Have gotten further into the game without any crashes.

Disabling HT seems to have done the trick. That's my initial finding at least. Have gotten further into the game without any crashes.
Ok, nice :)
Worth to send a ticket to the support if you want and if you didn't. At least to keep them aware of the issue ("contact us" button).

I am new to computers and this is the first problem I have come across with anything on my new computer. My situation is similar to the first thread. I am responding because I do not know what HT is. Can you tell me?
Post automatically merged:

I am new to computers and this is the first problem I have come across with anything on my new computer. My situation is similar to the first thread. I am responding because I do not know what HT is. Can you tell me?
Sorry I am an ideat I should have clicked Hyper-Threading first

HT=Hyperthreading, basicly a intel term for using 2 threads per cpu core (8C/16T for example). Amd calls it SMT and it could help if you cpu is unstable to disable. newer intel CPUS has 2 types of core too, p cores and e cores. Sometimes when you have a issue with a game it might help disabeling the E cores since they pretty much do nothing in games and can cause the cpu to become unstable.

Top Bottom