Crash To Desktop every two-three minutes after 1.2

+
As the title says. Game crashes to desktop every couple of minutes.
(Also, audio started to sound like a badly scratched CD)
Version:
Steam, 1.2
When does it occur?
While driving, though let me say I never really had any success playing so I can't say what happens on foot.
Has it happened before?
I believe I only had one crash to desktop since release. I was one of those lucky folks who didn't even really have bugs showing up.
Have you tried validating files/reinstalling?
Yep and yep.

Sys specs:

Win10
Ryzen 5 3600
RTX 2600 Super (8GB)
16GB RAM @ 3200 Hz
Hard Drive the game is on: 500GB SSD WD Blue

I did press the send the details prompt after the crash. Should you need any information, please let me know.
I'm also open to user-suggested solutions.

+1 for you username, I just started reading Dune x)
Might seem silly, but did you restart your PC after the patch? This can always help.
Also, make sure you don't have any mods running after the patch, most if not all will break the game.

As the title says. Game crashes to desktop every couple of minutes.
(Also, audio started to sound like a badly scratched CD)
Version:
Steam, 1.2
When does it occur?
While driving, though let me say I never really had any success playing so I can't say what happens on foot.
Has it happened before?
I believe I only had one crash to desktop since release. I was one of those lucky folks who didn't even really have bugs showing up.
Have you tried validating files/reinstalling?
Yep and yep.

Sys specs:

Win10
Ryzen 5 3600
RTX 2600 Super (8GB)
16GB RAM @ 3200 Hz
Hard Drive the game is on: 500GB SSD WD Blue

I did press the send the details prompt after the crash. Should you need any information, please let me know.
I'm also open to user-suggested solutions.
Happens the same to me... just run, load game and... crash... why oh why.... just playing this morning when "FORCED" patch just pop on steam... Well now dont work... Bravo 1.2... :(

Attachments

• crash.png
    crash.png
    11.7 KB · Views: 136
In case this helps anyone:

I did a full reinstall, I mean I even manually deleted the cache, settings, registry, everything. Only kept the saved files and screenshots.
Now I am at work (well, home office, really), but did a 20 minutes test run and no problems crashes occured. Once I have time to do a longer test run, I will update the thread if the error still occurs.

Not sure if it will help you guys, but it worths a shot.

Same things been happening. Never happened before, got like 3 crashes in 75 hours of play. First day of 1.2 was normal, but now the game crashes like every few minutes. mostly In appartment, opening doors, inventory, switching items. But It plays better in the open and will still freeze. I dunno what’s happened. It was fine until 2 days ago.

Edit: validated files, reinstalled, wiped all files. Kept backups of saves though. Sent report with dxdiag. These crashes didn’t happen before 1.2 and like 2 days after. All drivers updated..etc...no real changes.

• Intel Core i9 10900KF 3.70GHz (5.30GHz Turbo), 10-Core 20-Thread
  • ASUS ROG STRIX GeForce RTX 3090 OC 24GB i
  • ASUS ROG STRIX Z590-E GAMING ATX Motherboard, WIFI 6E
  • CORSAIR Vengeance Pro RGB 32GB DDR4 3600MHz
  • 2TB Intel 660P M.2 NVMe SSD
  • Windows 10 Home 64-bit

Last edited:
I have the same error! However I think I fixed it.
I manually downloaded the latest drivers from my graphics card company, nvidia for example. Then did a clean install. No crashes since then. Will do a 2 hour play test today to confirm entirely. beforehand I had used geforce experience.
Update: Okay, so I was able to confirm two things from my test.
#1. The crashes came back.............
but...
#2. I clean installed the gpu drivers again and they stopped. I played for hours without a problem!
Apparently the temporary solution is to reinstall the drivers before each playthrough.

I waited since Dec 2020 until yesterday. I've installed the newest Windows updates and the 1.21 patch from CDPR. Apparently, the is an improvement - I could play for some 30 min BUT as soon as I tried a longer selling action, the game crashed. It was not a Crash to Desktop anymore. It has blown my PC sky high - nothing worked no graphics, no keyboard, no mouse, only some colored splash left on the screen. A hard reboot was needed to get PC back to life. My configuration was described earlier in my posts.

Top Bottom