Crash when open and exit menu a fews time.

+
My game will crashed after I open and close the menu several time. Be it setting menu, inventory or the map. I can play for many hours without any crash as long as I don't open any menu. If I open the map or inventory screen a few time it will flatlined.

I also have problem with low fps when opening map/inventory menu so it could be somerthing related to the crash. When I first start the game and open map the first time the fps is fine but after a fews time I'm getting very low fps when open map and random crash when closing it. My game run at around 50-60fps but when I open map it drop to like 15 fps then go back up to 60 after a fews second.
My specs: i7 4770, 16GB ram, GTX 1650. Windows 11 22000.493 build.
What I already tried:
-Start a new save and play without any mods
- Uninstall current display driver use DDU and install the latest Nvidia graphics driver.
-Verify game cache
-Disabled all overlays. Geforce exprience, msi afterburner, steam.
It only happen with CP2077. I can play any other games just fine without any crash. I know my specs ain't the best but I can play just fine before patch 1.5 without any crash.
I open the crash log and it said something about GPU crash.
Here is the video on how to reproduce the crash. I also attach the entire crash log folder below
Registered crash info file...
InternalVersion: 3.0.3836782 P4CL: 4719897 Stream: //R6.Root/R6.Release
!!!CRASHED!!!
Error Reason: Assert
Expression:
Message: Gpu Crash for unknown reasons! Callstack here is probably irrelevant. Check if Breadcrumbs or Aftermath logged anything useful.
File: E:\R6.Release\dev\src\common\gpuApi\src\dx12\gpuApiDX12Error.cpp
Line: 42

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    445.1 KB · Views: 126
  • Cyberpunk2077-20220218-182352-180-15224.zip
    5.5 MB · Views: 128
Last edited:
I have the exact same problem.

I have tried everything I could find related to cyberpunk crashing:

I've checked file integrity, installed the ridiculous 60GB+ patch after 1.5 and I have tried a clean install.
I have disabled all overlays and background apps.
I have tried numerous graphics drivers.
I have increased my pagefile size.

The crashes keep happening 3 out of 4 times that I open any menu (inventory, map, crafting etc).

Have you found any workaround?

It's ridiculous that the game is in this state 14 months after release.

I've checked file integrity, installed the ridiculous 60GB+ patch after 1.5 and I have tried a clean install.

The crashes keep happening 3 out of 4 times that I open any menu (inventory, map, crafting etc).

Take it with grain of salt, but try to lower down all of your graphic settings at max (and see if it still crash).

Sadly not:(
Do you get fps drop when open map? The fps is fine when I open the map for the first time but after the second time fps will drop from 60 to like 15 fps then go back up to normal again. I noticed if I close the map immediately before the fps stabilize it will increase then chance of crash. Also, do not open the map/any menu repeatedly in a short duration.
I played for 5h straight yesterday without any crash by doing that. Basically try to not open any menu unless its necessary and If you open the map/ menu. Wait at least 1 minute before open it again.
I know it's a ridiculous solution but at least the crash happen within a specific condition that you can control. If it just random crash anywhere, anytime without reason that will be much more annoying.

Last edited:
My game will crashed after I open and close the menu several time. Be it setting menu, inventory or the map. I can play for many hours without any crash as long as I don't open any menu. If I open the map or inventory screen a few time it will flatlined. I also noticed the fps will drop significantly in the menu before it crashed
My specs: i7 4770, 16GB ram, GTX 1650. Windows 11 22000.493 build.
What I already tried:
-Start a new save and play without any mods
- Uninstall current display driver use DDU and install the latest Nvidia graphics driver.
-Verify game cache
-Disabled all overlays. Geforce exprience, msi afterburner, steam.
It only happen with CP2077. I can play any other games just fine without any crash. I know my specs ain't the best but I can play just fine before patch 1.5 without any crash.
I open the crash log and it said something about GPU crash.
Here is the video on how to reproduce the crash. I also attach the entire crash log folder below
I am having the exact same issue as well and I have a pretty beefy PC with an RTX 3060, so I don’t think it’s your hardware. And I didn’t have this problem on the first 1.5 patch but then that’s second one came through and bam.

Take it with grain of salt, but try to lower down all of your graphic settings at max (and see if it still crash).

I was able to find a specific place (right after meeting DeSwawn and getting out of his car) that the game would crash consistently (100% of the time) when I opened the map and exited back to the game.

So I got to testing different graphical options and to my surprise choosing the lower graphic preset and lowering resolution from 1440p to 1080p eliminated the problem completely.

What is more suprising is that bumping the preset to ultra, resolution back to 1440p and dlss to quality the game still doesn't crash.

Guess I'll keep changing graphic options one by one until I can get a consistent 90+ fps performance or I find which one causes the drivers crash.

This exact thing has been happening to me since the 1.5 update. It's been driving me crazy. I tried turning off ambient occlusion since I haven't tried that yet and my PC crashed immediately on load. LOL I see a lot of these posts about crashing coming out of menus, but I have never seen it acknowledged officially. I hope somebody sees these posts soon, though. My game is toast.

This exact thing has been happening to me since the 1.5 update. It's been driving me crazy. I tried turning off ambient occlusion since I haven't tried that yet and my PC crashed immediately on load. LOL I see a lot of these posts about crashing coming out of menus, but I have never seen it acknowledged officially. I hope somebody sees these posts soon, though. My game is toast.
I actually manage to "fixed" the problem by swap my graphics card from a gtx 1650 to my old gtx 1050. I'm still using the same latest Nvidia driver 511.79. The fps is much lower since the gtx 1050 is a much weaker GPU and only have 2GB vram but there is no more crash. I tested it several time both at low and medium setting preset. The fps drop when opening map is still there but there is no crash or whatsoever.
I suspect it could be something related to the Nvidia driver for a gtx 16xx series graphics card and the change in patch 1.5.
Can someone using a gtx 1650s, 1660...etc graphics card confirm this? If that is definitely the case I may just sold the 1650 and get a 1060 or something.I know buying a new GPU just for one video game is ridiculous but I love CP2077 and I can't stand those crashes :(

Bumping because I had this same issue which I have now solved for myself, thank god. It is most likely due to a certain graphics settings and might vary depending on the system. I had noticed that the game would run on both the low preset and ultra rt presets but when I would dial in my optimal settings the crashes would come back so I then tested settings one by one and have narrowed it down to the 'cascaded shadow resolution' setting. Having this on medium and only medium seems to be the culprit personally, so I have set it to high, while someone else mentioned ambient occlusion was for them. I hope this helps as the crashes were really frustrating and I would recommend against downgrading your GPU as this bug will most likely get fixed, or you might be able to solve the issue yourself. Start with finding a preset where the issue doesn't occur, change settings one at a time to where you want them to be and resume the game and spam the menus a few times to test.

To add, I have an RTX 3060 and bought the game shortly after patch 1.5. I was using my old computer with a GTX 1060 originally with no problems, even with cascaded shadow res on medium, and built a new rig about 2 weeks ago and have not been able to play until now.

Last edited:
I am facing this bug on an even different configuration.
I am on linux, on a AMD APU. So it is not just Nvidia drivers. I have tried both RADV and ACO, both don't change anything. Tried many different versions of Lutris Wine and Proton, many different in-game settings, even in cyberengine tweaks, all the same results, it crashes once in a while when opening map or inventory.
Oh well, I hope it gets fixed, I am really enjoying this game anyways!

Funny. I logged back just a few minutes ago to try and adjust some graphics setting to see if that would help and the game froze and crashed my PC in the settings menu before I had even loaded my current save. How do you revert back? 1.5 has officially broken this game for me.

Bumping because I had this same issue which I have now solved for myself, thank god. It is most likely due to a certain graphics settings and might vary depending on the system. I had noticed that the game would run on both the low preset and ultra rt presets but when I would dial in my optimal settings the crashes would come back so I then tested settings one by one and have narrowed it down to the 'cascaded shadow resolution' setting. Having this on medium and only medium seems to be the culprit personally, so I have set it to high, while someone else mentioned ambient occlusion was for them. I hope this helps as the crashes were really frustrating and I would recommend against downgrading your GPU as this bug will most likely get fixed, or you might be able to solve the issue yourself. Start with finding a preset where the issue doesn't occur, change settings one at a time to where you want them to be and resume the game and spam the menus a few times to test.

To add, I have an RTX 3060 and bought the game shortly after patch 1.5. I was using my old computer with a GTX 1060 originally with no problems, even with cascaded shadow res on medium, and built a new rig about 2 weeks ago and have not been able to play until now.
i can't thank you enough my friend i have an i7 10750H 2.60Ghz and a gtx 1650 with max q design and i suffered a lot because of this crash but when i changed my CASCADED SHADOW RESOLUTION to high it got fixed omg i'm so happy i can't thank u enough <3

You saved my life, changing the cascaded shadow resolution to high fixed the issue on a gtx 1650 and ryzen 5 2600, with nvidia driver 31.0.15 spec, Thank you so much Sir!

Yeah yeah... I can confirm this still works.

I'm using Ryzen 5 5600X and a GTX 1650. Today I was messing up with my shadow settings and my game crashed sometimes when opening certain tabs of the game's UI. Usually it happened when opening or closing Crafting menu using "K" hotkey. Spamming the hotkey or opening then closing interface too quickly was a guaranteed way to crash my game.

When changing 'Cascaded Shadow Resolution' do it on the menu then load the game. Weirdly enough, switching the setting back didn't cause problems anymore.

I can't thank you enough.

Cheers.

Top Bottom