Crashes on any saved game but can load new game

+
Since 1.3, none of my saved games will load. What do you need from me specifically to report this problem properly? I sent one of my save files to a friend and she was able to load it just fine. Does this mean I have to re-install? I've already verified the integrity of my game files and this did not report any issues.

Moments later...

I deleted the game and am re-downloading/installing... hopefully, this will resolve the issue.

Last edited:
Since 1.3, none of my saved games will load. What do you need from me specifically to report this problem properly? I sent one of my save files to a friend and she was able to load it just fine. Does this mean I have to re-install? I've already verified the integrity of my game files and this did not report any issues.
You are on which platform ? Steam ? Gog ?
When it crashes ? During the loading screen ?
First you can follow these step if you haven't already did it

I have this issue too, I spawn at Afterlife and I can't left the club without my game crashing...

I have this issue too, I spawn at Afterlife and I can't left the club without my game crashing...
Little question, it's one a pre-1.3 save loaded on 1.3 (like a 1.23 save) ?
If yes, can you try to spawn, create a new manual save (don't overwrite the old one). Quit and relaunch the game and load the new one.
Maybe useless, but now the version of the save appear on the save menu. "May be" related.

Little question, it's one a pre-1.3 save loaded on 1.3 (like a 1.23 save) ?
If yes, can you try to spawn, create a new manual save (don't overwrite the old one). Quit and relaunch the game and load the new one.
Maybe useless, but now the version of the save appear on the save menu. "May be" related.
yea, it's a 1.23 save... I'm doing what u said now and I will update soon

Update: Nope, keeps crashing when I try to leave the club

yea, it's a 1.23 save... I'm doing what u said now and I will update soon

Update: Nope, keeps crashing when I try to leave the club
Ok :(
So you have followed all the steps on CDPR support page (link above) ?
Like verifying your game files.

Yep I afraid to (except if you have a fast net connexion).
But if you close the launcher and all, open the launcher and verifying the game files again ? It find missing files again ?
If yes, I think a clean re-install could be the way to follow (and copy-past your saves in another folder, no need to take a risk).

Yep I afraid to (except if you have a fast net connexion).
But if you close the launcher and all, open the launcher and verifying the game files again ? It find missing files again ?
Now it's a mistery, because I already uninstalled and I'm installing again... I will back soon when it's done and try again. Otherwise I lost 10h of gameplay and I will start again with another story line.. That's a pity

Seems they brought AVX back with this update they had removed it in a update around the end of december after some people complained about crashes and now my game crashes at the exact spots back when it had the AVX requirement im not 100% positive but its too much of a coincidence and the most likely cause of the crashes.

There was a mod that removed the AVX from CP77 on nexus but its outdated and incompatible with the current game version since devs had removed it themselves it made the mod obsolete and the mod creator stopped updating it, looks like we will need him to update it again.

Obs: AVX = A Processor instruction set avaliable after 2011 and processors released before that time don't have it so the game crashes when these instructions are called by the game.

Yep I suspect it's the AVX issue again too. Worst thing is we can't do much unless a modder creates a mod for it or we have to wait for a hotfix which could take weeks

600 hrs of play through(s) gone for me. I just deleted everything Cyberpunk and started from scratch. I have the game freshly installed and I tried without mods. The game crashes at the montage. Every life path. I've contacted support and reported through the game reporting system.

At first none of my old saves would work but I could make a new game which would crash at the montage.

I found an old save where I am in the afterlife. It worked!... until I tried to go outside. Crash.

photomode_21082021_115147.png

...and now I wait for a fix.

600 hrs of play through(s) gone for me. I just deleted everything Cyberpunk and started from scratch. I have the game freshly installed and I tried without mods. The game crashes at the montage. Every life path. I've contacted support and reported through the game reporting system.

At first none of my old saves would work but I could make a new game which would crash at the montage.

I found an old save where I am in the afterlife. It worked!... until I tried to go outside. Crash.

View attachment 11247928

...and now I wait for a fix.
We have the same issue my friend...

Top Bottom