Cyberpunk 2020 Daily Facts Conversation Thread!

+
IRL homicide in particular tends to be a section detectives rotate in-and-out of. Assuming you have a large enough police department in the first place. In many cases the detective branch covers all investigative work so the boss just tries to avoid sticking the same people on all the homicide cases.

cyborgs could be a good type of high-end enemies (no, I refuse to use "high-level" definition) in 2077. 57 years in the future, cyborgs should be more common than in 2020.

Same for some corrupted team of max-tac, hired by some corporate we need to fight.

This would likely be one of my preferred positions or affiliations if it was possible to join CSWAT specifically (maybe in a DLC or mod) or alternatively if able to in the base game, I'd work for or with them as often as possible.

You get to use the best gear (and kinda have to) while seeing a certain thrill that could end with any other encounter because your life ends. In a way it seems like a legal way to get constant action, thrill and kill dangerous targets.

And if you quit eventually, you likely have very good private sector career opportunities unless you go nuts yourself.

From Cop to Corp if need be.

Hoping that you can work closely with them later in the game, or at least do missions for them on occasion. Like a hired gun or licensed / trusted assistant of sorts.

There are advantages to not being cybered to the gills, EMP is less of a problem. And unlike Hollywood, EMP is generally all but impossible to make directional. It's a burst of electromagnetic energy ... in a circle. Think of it as a hand grenade (and often it is). Yeah, shielding is possible, but lead tends to be a tad on the heavy side.

Can slightly more light be shed on their specific personalities or backgrounds?

While it seems hardened (mentally and physically as in augmented) cops can eventually apply or do this job, this Wikipedia article quote always gives me the impression other types of peolple could get in or do it:

https://cyberpunk.fandom.com/wiki/MAX-TAC

Referring to the "criminals with a badge" part. Can something like volunteers or licensed agents try to get in and work in or for Max-tax, too? In general? Certain units or teams? Or do we have to assume that it's solely "career cops" who turned gruff or so with their mentality?
@JGrayatRTalsorian

On a second thought it would be kind of cool to have the possibility for V to work closely with Max Tac like a radiant quest giver or a specific team for occasional missions to the point V becomes basically like a trusted or reliable partner or team member.

While it seems hardened (mentally and physically as in augmented) cops can eventually apply or do this job, this Wikipedia article quote always gives me the impression other types of peolple could get in or do it:

Referring to the "criminals with a badge" part. Can something like volunteers or licensed agents try to get in and work in or for Max-tax, too? In general? Certain units or teams? Or do we have to assume that it's solely "career cops" who turned gruff or so with their mentality?
@JGrayatRTalsorian

On a second thought it would be kind of cool to have the possibility for V to work closely with Max Tac like a radiant quest giver or a specific team for occasional missions to the point V becomes basically like a trusted or reliable partner or team member.

@JGrayatRTalsorian

There's an example, I believe, of at least one person being brought in by MAX-TAC and then joining. It isn't mentioned what training they went through before. It is a high level, high training department, however. While reality should never get in the way of story, I can't imagine any police department wanting anyone but their vetted agents working an assignment this important.

Day 121 of #countdowntothedarkfuture brings a new topic! We're going fully visual with animated gifs comparing the art of #Cyberpunk2020 to what we've seen of #Cyberpunk2077 to see the inspiration and evolution from the tabletop to the video game.

The animated GIFs we create this week seem to be having problems uploading, so we're linking to them, instead!
LINK!
that's a very nice idea!

Regarding those 57 years between the 2 games, if I remember correctly we'll know about them with the release of cyberpunk red. Is it the case or will we need to wait until 2077 is on market?

I'm hoping for many more other small details.
For instance, I think it would an interesting small detail to add blood type selection during character generation. One might want to be a little bit special with a ultra rare blood type, but, in-game it might have the consequence of increasing the cost of medical care, and although it's more a nuisance, it could very well also play into some minor side quest that might require obtaining an ultra rare blood type.
That's less of a visual detail, and more of an interactive, role playing detail, but, a small detail, and when combined with many more small details can add up, just like with visual detail, to provide a much richer picture and experience.

It'd also be nice to see a wealth of knock-off and alternative options to cyberware; shady folks trying to sell you totally legit f'reaz trust me name brand cyberware and gear ... that turns out isn't, and breaks or causes problems, plus all the things folks can use as alternatives to cyberware for those that can't afford the gear they really want, or can't because cyberpsychosis, or neuro-degenerative-cyber-rejection syndrome, or some other invented reason to justify hand-held phones, goggles, and other bits folks might facilitate that can't, or won't have cyberware. if only to fill out the market with a background noise of bad, or inefficient choices that might not look like bad choices, where there may even be a diamond in the rough.
Such detail adds red herrings, and a little more wear and tear, dents, scrapes, rust, and frayed edges to a worldscape to feel more lived in, and lived in by people that might not have your talents, that has a market serving more than just the player character.

That's another thing; creating the illusion that the world isn't just there for the player-character to experience, but, a world that's lived in, and interacted with by the people in it. The Witcher 3 did a decent job of this, and it'll be nice to see where and how those less visual, less tangible experiences, and small details manifest and play out.

Anyway, yeah, small details are the good. Lots of small details together; visual, auditory, the impression of tactile and other less translational sensory interaction, plus all the other experiential, things goes a long way in tying all the bigger pieces together to create something more than just fun, but, memorable.

If your notoriety gimmick is a silver hand then by all means make it part of your logo.

Guess that means Morgan uses a blackhand?

Looking forward to the album drop in 2077.

Btw. Nice jacket.

NICEJACKET.JPG

Looking forward to the album drop in 2077.
Little do you realize you've accidentally stumbled across the main plot of CP2077!

A collector wants that album and all the corps don't want Johnny becoming more of a 'common man vs evil Corp' symbol then he already is. Seeing the album early in the game is meant to be an "aw shit" moment when you realize all the crap you've spent the entire game going thru to recover it could have been avoided.

In 2077 they voted my city the worse place to live in America. Main issues, sky high rate of bootlegs and more people looking for the limited edition pressing of never fade away than anywhere else...

Buh-na-na-buh-na-na-buh-naw-na-nawwww. Buh-na-na-buh-na-na-buh-naw-na-nawwwwwwwww...(eh...you know how it goes)

There's some or multiple sayings that sometimes, reality is stranger than fiction.

At times I think that many people look for this idealistic fictional archetype of a cyberpunk setting seen in movies and games.

But look at some cities or societies already. I think Cyberpunk is already here or at least around the corner.

Within decades.

And a collapse is also (always) possible. Nothing lasts forever.

Be prepared. At least mentally.

Top Bottom