Cyberpunk 2077 at E3 2019

+
I will be extremely disappointed if we (the rest of the world) wont get to see SOMEthing at most 1-2 weeks afterwards... The hype might start to turn against itself.

Oh, there are always rumours like that.

Im not saying I'm happy - I get to see the same stuff you guys do, and also have boss Reds threaten to tell us stuff that may or not be real. They are cruel. But wonderful. I fear and love them equally.

Anyway, I'd like to see the demo too, but Upstairs has decided that's not a good idea yet. Maybe they don't want this demo distributed everywhere and pored over. Maybe they heard the people who said the last one looked too unfinished. Maybe they are still smarting from the Witcher 3 E3 to Release changes. Maybe Marketing did their research and this is 2 P points higher on the scale.

I don't know. It's not my business to know. I do know I will get to see gameplay eventually - and play the game. I'm pretty sure CDPR has good stuff to show the world at E3.

Little more patience. Game isn't ready yet, but one day, it will be.

Sard right now:

Hmm. I wonder if... No. That’d be too good to be true.
Were you pondering what I've been pondering? Sadly, the idea of the game getting a playable demo doesn't seem to be possible right now, with Gamescom presentation still on the line, because it would render it rather pointless.

Were you pondering what I've been pondering? Sadly, the idea of the game getting a playable demo doesn't seem to be possible right now, with Gamescom presentation still on the line, because it would render it rather pointless.
That's what I was thinking. They can have a gameplay demo based of a little older build for E3, that can be released like a playable demo for us.
And at Gamescom have gameplay based on a more recent build shown.

I'm glad to see that blurb about "Those at home during E3 will not be disappointed thing". Everyone is expecting stuff from CDPR based on what they have done in the past, but they learn from their mistakes(can't say that about many other studios). I would expect them to do something new, it would be smart on their part and refreshing for us.

With that said, E3 is great and all, but I see it as just an outlet for CDPR to release what they have. That's it. I do not give a bunk about anything else, but 2077. What they release will be exactly what it is.

This forum is a place to bring up ideas and concerns. That is amazing, but don't fall into being the type of person who is yelling at a character in horror movie; "Don't go in there! RuUUUnnNNn!" Because the movie is exactly going to play out how it was made. It's going to end how it was decided to end during the editing process.

Everything shown at E3 is going to end up all over the net directly afterwards with only few minutes in between. Everyone is going to dissect it all to shreds. You will all get to see it and drool over it. If things are released only behind doors then it will be released later in some way. I wouldn't doubt if CDPR was planning everything in tandem with Gamescon. Everything is fine, just enjoy it.

I can imagine, while we are all hoping for trailers and demos, that we ended up with (fingers crossed) cyber-gwent '77 or something. Everyone would be caught off guard and scrambling to play. That is just speculation(and wishes), but I am just excited to see something at E3. Last year I woke up to a live stream of one of the most badass displays ever from any E3, and to just see what has been worked on for a year is amazing enough.
Whether what they release sucks, or if it is great, we will let them know afterwards. Nonetheless, the hype will continue until morale improves.

I had something else in mind. But yeah, no way it's a playable demo. My guess is a bunch of screens aired before the press gets to release theirs, or an in game trailer released in a similiar vein. At most.

Is it true that at E3 will be no online demonstration of the changed gameplay, for visitors only?

If you’re attending E3 2019, make sure to stop by South Exhibit Hall - booth number 1023! We’ll be there with Warner Bros, showcasing Cyberpunk 2077! Can’t wait to see you!

Public demo won't be shown to the other public. Oh yeah, that makes sense.
Post automatically merged:

No demo upload is CDPR basically showing the middle finger to the majority of gamers. Terrible idea.
Journos and YT chills are more important than consumers/fans. Sad day. I lost a lot of respect for CDPR.

Last edited:
Public demo won't be shown to the other public. Oh yeah, that makes sense.
No demo upload is CDPR basically showing the middle finger to the majority of gamers. Terrible idea.
Journos and YT chills are more important than consumers/fans. Sad day. I lost a lot of respect for CDPR.

Hold on to your respect until something happens.
E3 is still a week and something away.
I don't like the idea either, but loose it after E3 and let them know then.
Perhaps the game isn't as far along as we would like?
If so, we can still wait.

Hold on to your respect until something happens.
E3 is still a week and something away.
I don't like the idea either, but loose it after E3 and let them know then.
Perhaps the game isn't as far along as we would like?
If so, we can still wait.
This deal makes no sense? No public release? Why? Makes no sense. Journos and YT chills are happy, lots of clicks and views incoming.

Your right, it makes no sense. I have no idea what is going on, but I think that is how CDPR likes it. They are known for secrets and surprises. Lets just see, it's all part of the fun(torture).

It will be interesting to see what the reasoning is but I would safely assume CDPR has something up their sleeves.

It is tough to think that 1 year ago we go 48 minutes of gameplay that looked amazing and also we learned the game was playable from beginning to end. It was understood that they needed to finish polishing and adding in additional quests and content and go through another round of optimizations and quality checks. Then we should be good to go with a big public presentation at E3 and everyone is blown away with the presentation! It makes sense why there is confusion now with their decisions and also after hearing roughly how different the game is. Was there an overhaul? Was there a downgrade? etc.

CDPR has made it quite clear that this is supposed to be their biggest event, I do not believe following the template of last year with a release window constitutes as 'their biggest event'. Having a booth open to the general public attendees at E3 with a new presentation doesn't strike me as much larger as well. So what could they be planning or announce?

Possibilities:
'It's Ready dd/mm/yyyy'
Announce a playable demo
Announce preorders / collectors edition
???

What else could they do to make this their biggest E3 to date?

There are so many questions.

Top Bottom