CyberPunk 2077 -- Cross-Progression issues between pc and ps4 as-of Patch 1.63

+

Please, CDPR, Update last-gen versions of CyberPunk 2077

• Total voters
First off, I want to thank CDPR for making such an amazing game. Now onto the issue at hand: Because of the Cross-Save feature coming to the game on PS4 so late in the life cycle of the game being supported on last-gen consoles, it no longer works for pc->ps4 save transfers. Since CDPR announced the discontinuation of support for last-gen versions of the game, players that are stuck with last-gen consoles for some reason or another, are therefore left behind.

So here I am, Pleading to CDPR to please continue updates for last-gen versions of Cyberpunk 2077, at least update the game for continued cross-save support.

Please Vote whether or not you agree with my request.

Thanks,
KryptikCyphor30

Just to be sure, it is possible to transfer a save from PS4/XB1 to PC/Series/PS5, but the reverse is not possible because the save is created on newer game version.

To be honest, I'm neither for nor against. But I can't imagine how it will be possible with the next 2.0 update and all the changes which will only be available on PC, Series S/X and PS5. For example, it seems complicated to me to be able to transfer a save created on a PC/Series/PS5 with the new skill trees to a PS4/XB1 on which obviously only the old skill trees are available (the same goes for most of changes...)

The only way would be to add the new features also on PS4/XB1, but CDPR have already announced that this will not be the case :(

Just to be sure, it is possible to transfer a save from PS4/XB1 to PC/Series/PS5, but the reverse is not possible because the save is created on newer game version.

To be honest, I'm neither for nor against. But I can't imagine how it will be possible with the next 2.0 update and all the changes which will only be available on PC, Series S/X and PS5. For example, it seems complicated to me to be able to transfer a save created on a PC/Series/PS5 with the new skill trees to a PS4/XB1 on which obviously only the old skill trees are available (the same goes for most of changes...)

The only way would be to add the new features also on PS4/XB1, but CDPR have already announced that this will not be the case :(
yes, that is true. I didn't think to take that into consideration, maybe the best solution is of course for CDPR to make the 1.61 Patch PERMINANTLY available on the GOG Galaxy app for PC users.

yes, that is true. I didn't think to take that into consideration, maybe the best solution is of course for CDPR to make the 1.61 Patch PERMINANTLY available on the GOG Galaxy app for PC users.
Yeah, the games will be way too "different" to make a transfer possible :(
With the new requirements, maybe something like that will be set up for those who no longer meet the minimum requirements like they do for TW3 (1.32 I think), we'll see.

yeah, this is a bummer. I visited my brother for his birthday and played my file on his Xbox Series X as I have a Xbox One. I'm about 70 hours into the game and i can't load my file because "The file was saved on a newer version of the game". I'm mind-blown how I can't play this game (my file) at home on my Xbox One anymore. My file version is 1.61 from my Xbox One as i see the newer saved data as 1.63 from the Xbox Series X.
My brother offered to send his Xbox Series X over to me so i can finish the game, but this is a huge turn off for me. i should've known better, but i didn't see this coming. all the fancy talk of seemless cross-platform data transfers and shares has left out the critical detail that YOU CAN'T GO BACK once you've used "Smart Delivery" to a newer gen console. i'm still trying to figure out how to revert, but i can't imagine how it'd be possible. i'm super bummed.

i wish you all well

Top Bottom