Cyberpunk 2077 is now has a 89 score on Metacritic

+
Wow. So here we are. I remember when CDPR said they strive to make the best games in the world. They mentioned also how they were proud to make games 90 above.
As bad as the whole situation with the game is now. Lets hope that CDPR never try to pull this off again. That the phrase "Ready when its ready" actually is something they strive do.

Attachments

• fsdfsdfdsfds.png
    fsdfsdfdsfds.png
    71.7 KB · Views: 385
I don't think user score matters during the first month when there's controversy. A lot of user reviews are hysterical. It's a bunch of 0 and 10. It's meaningless.

You are right that it is a bunch of either 0 or 10, which is why the aggregate of 7 is useful. The "journo" scores are worthless as has been proven over countless releases. rarely what the "journo's" say have any relation to reality. Which is why their score is irrelevant.

who cares what number it is, it means little imo, it could a 10/10 and you could still not like it, or a 1/10 game and you really enjoy it, it really is pointless judging a game by a number, reading reveiws on the other hand is a bit more constructive and insightful.

Last edited:
Well on xbox so many 1/10 because of the owners of old consoles. Can't be representative.

Haters gonna hate, this is new territory and a huge undertaking CDPR went for. There's always going to be bugs in any game no matter what you do when consumers want more and more out of their titles. I'm still giving it an 8/10 they'll get the kinks worked out.

I think a 7 is realistic given the current state. Once the bugs are fixed it might be a 7.5. If the world were to be patched up to be the interactive AI marvel we were expecting, it would be a 9. I'm not sure it could ever get to 10 from here. Maybe if CDPR decided to spare no expense and "make it what players expected and hoped for", but companies have to make money and I'm not sure they could recoup those costs on new purchases and DLC.

Of course, In patching like that they could accept that CP2077 will be a break-even or loss for them, rebuild their players' trust, and concentrate on making CP2078/whatever the game we really wanted to play. They'd have a lot of pre-made assets that could be tweaked and re-used; they could get right into making gameplay stellar and have it rolled out in 2-3 years.

I unironically think the rage is undeserved. Yeah, there are perfomance issues and what not but what game does not have them this days? nothing that just quitting to desktop and launching again doesn't fix (most of the problems are memory leaks tbh). Hell I don't even care it doesn't play at 60 fps on my PC, since I can play it at smooth 30fps with an odd framedrop here and there to 25 I'm good (pretty much the average console experience).

Most of the rage comes from people owning old hardware thinking they were going to get a silky smooth 120fps on Psycho experience. I'm not so far into the main story (just met John Wick) but I'm loving the game. I don't care about not having superb graphics as long as the gameplay and story is solid. Sure it might not be a 10/10, but neither was TLOU2 and that crap won game of the year last weekend and this game is a lot better.

If it didn't have perfomance issues I personally would put it in a 8.5-9/10 the perfomance issues for me drop it to an 8/10 tbh. People are just too caught up in "muh graphics" and "muh fps", I mean their fault if they fall for marketing memes and gimmicks like RTX and what not instead of focusing on the gameplay and narrative aspect which is the most important thing in a game.

Most of the rage comes from people owning old hardware thinking they were going to get a silky smooth 120fps on Psycho experience.

It extends beyond the massive technical issues that they shipped the game with. You have to also factor in other components such as design decisions, lack of features that were cut, etc.

I unironically think the rage is undeserved. Yeah, there are perfomance issues and what not but what game does not have them this days? nothing that just quitting to desktop and launching again doesn't fix (most of the problems are memory leaks tbh). Hell I don't even care it doesn't play at 60 fps on my PC, since I can play it at smooth 30fps with an odd framedrop here and there to 25 I'm good (pretty much the average console experience).

Most of the rage comes from people owning old hardware thinking they were going to get a silky smooth 120fps on Psycho experience. I'm not so far into the main story (just met John Wick) but I'm loving the game. I don't care about not having superb graphics as long as the gameplay and story is solid. Sure it might not be a 10/10, but neither was TLOU2 and that crap won game of the year last weekend and this game is a lot better.

If it didn't have perfomance issues I personally would put it in a 8.5-9/10 the perfomance issues for me drop it to an 8/10 tbh. People are just too caught up in "muh graphics" and "muh fps", I mean their fault if they fall for marketing memes and gimmicks like RTX and what not instead of focusing on the gameplay and narrative aspect which is the most important thing in a game.

I partly agree with you, when it comes to a lot of PC players. My PC is 4 years old. I want at least 50+ FPS in this kind of game. So yeah, I accept that my resolution can't be above 1080 and that not every setting can be set to max. Most are and the game looks good and is smooth enough for me to enjoy it.

Have you seen the videos from the base PS4? They're all over the place. Now, the PS4 is objectively very old tech as far as gaming goes but it was up to CDPR to set expectations and they've never once given any indications that the game would be unplayable on the base PS4. It's a lot more than just graphics.

It extends beyond the massive technical issues that they shipped the game with. You have to also factor in other components such as design decisions, lack of features that were cut, etc.

Yes. I have a very stout PC with a 3080. I run 70+fps with ultra ray tracing at 1440p and it looks and performs great. That is NOT the issue. Nor are the bugs; I have played many games over my 45+ years of gaming (yes, I'm old), and many of them had worse and more disruptive bugs than this. Those can be forgiven until patched.

The real problem is gameplay. Terrible AI, I mean terrible. The lack of real agency on the part of the player (once you take a job, it plays out in a straight line or you fail) is not what was described by CDPR. The lack of choices meaning anything just makes it feel pointless. This was supposed to be the example to hold up to other devs of what an open-world RPG could be like in the 2020s. Instead Night City feels barren with no choices and no sense of wonder or excitement.

I like the game okay, but I wanted to love it. I still hope that I can at some point given appropriate patches or mod support.

Wow. So here we are. I remember when CDPR said they strive to make the best games in the world. They mentioned also how they were proud to make games 90 above.
As bad as the whole situation with the game is now. Lets hope that CDPR never try to pull this off again. That the phrase "Ready when its ready" actually is something they strive do.
Seems like my post got deleted, let us try again being more polite.

"They "freaking" deserved it!.

As a pc player with a pretty new system, I just fell sorry for those who got a copy for their older consoles. I understand those ratings. 😔

Top Bottom