3 very interesting documentaries about the Cyberpunk 2077 development

+
I find them very interesting to learn more about the development of Cyberpunk 2077.

How Cyberpunk 2077 Changed CD PROJEKT RED | GameSpot Insider Documentary

What does the redemption of Cyberpunk 2077 actually look like? In this documentary, GameSpot follows developer CD PROJEKT RED as they launch Cyberpunk's latest expansion, Phantom Liberty.

We interview roughly a dozen developers on the difficult launch of Cyberpunk 2077, the changes the studio underwent afterward, and how all that has led to Phantom Liberty. We were embedded in the studio during launch so we were able to capture the raw emotions of what it's like to launch a AAA video game.

As fans of CD PROJEKT RED and their work, we wanted to get an inside perspective on one of the biggest studios, and one of the most controversial releases of all time.

Inside the Game Cyberpunk 2077: Phantom Liberty Documentary

Hardly any other game has been as fervently debated as "Cyberpunk 2077". It came out late, was hardly playable on some consoles, and the designers received death threads afterwards. Now they are planning their comeback: with "Phantom Liberty". Once again, superstar Keanu Reeves is in the game - and Hollywood icon Idris Elba. "Inside the Game" follows the designers of CD Projekt Red not only at their workspace in Warsaw, but also during the first presentations of the demo version in Los Angeles and Cologne.

NEVER FADE AWAY - La sfida di Cyberpunk 2077

Developing a video game nowdays is an incredibly hard task, one that becomes almost impossible for huge AAA blockbusters: worldwide phenomena with such a massive display of resources that they simply cannot fail. And yet, especially when the stakes get crazy high and the hype goes beyond control, you can definitely fall down.

NEVER FADE AWAY - The Challenge of Cyberpunk 2077 is a look at a story made of broken promises, mistakes and hard times, but also of the sincere will of redemption. A peek behind the curtain that will let you inside one of the most respected studios in the world, focusing on the production of a video game that sold over 20 million copies while emphasizing the human side that inevitably gives soul to game development.

Surprised there isn't more of a reaction here. Just watched the Gamespot one - was really good!
Maybe because 2.1 just made their 3 years work for PL look like they haven’t learned anything if it comes to holiday seasons… : /

i liked 2.0(X) but currently on 2.1 every fun is gone once again… and I’m most likely not the only one who feels that way reading all the opinions in current bug threads.

Maybe because 2.1 just made their 3 years work for PL look like they haven’t learned anything if it comes to holiday seasons… : /

i liked 2.0(X) but currently on 2.1 every fun is gone once again… and I’m most likely not the only one who feels that way reading all the opinions in current bug threads.

Speak for yourself, I started a fresh 2.1 playthrough only a week and a half ago for the sole purpose of bug hunting and so far it's been smooth sailing for me. I was actually meant to be speedrunning this, but I've been enjoying it a lot so far, so I'm taking my time - it's the main reason I'm barely on this forum these days (that's probably the case for a lot of players, which is probably why you're more likely to see negative comments than positive ones at the moment).

40 hours in and the only issues I've seen so far is Maxiumum Mike not appearing on the radio and a minor bug where V is sometimes holding a weapon when looking at the apartment mirror (although a simple quick-load solves that one). Other than that, no real issues so far.

For players like me, it's gonna take a while before I actually finish this run and really see what the state of things are like before I give complete feedback.

As for the bugs that people report immediately after a new patch launches, some - not all - but at least some of those are probably the types of bugs that are inherently harder to catch until it's out in the wild, because in those cases you're dealing with older versions of the game (at various stages) running on the latest build. Now that it's out, I'm sure CDPR will fix any serious issues that have popped up as a consequence of this patch and release some hotfixes. It'll happen.

That being said, I do wonder how many people are actually doing fresh 2.1 runs? And how many of them have even finished? Give it some time.

In any case, trying to judge how most people feel about the game based on forum comments isn't gonna give you an accurate lay of the land. I mean, I can point out the fact that for your 1 negative comment, there have been at least 7 people today that have liked the OP of this thread. To me that suggests that there just weren't many eyes on the thread at the time this was first posted. But whatever the case may be, if you really wanna know what most people think, only way to get empirical evidence for that would be to look at things like Steam and Metacritic and the like.

Anyway, that's a bit of a wall of text from me but, having watched the Gamespot documentary, especially seeing how launch affected the devs' morale, I felt compelled to write all that. Again, I'm still playing through 2.1, hence the radio-silence; it's gonna take a while for me to form all my thoughts and find any outstanding bugs, but so far I'm really enjoying it (knock on wood)...

P.s. THE METRO IS FUCKING BEAUTIFUL :love:

Speak for yourself
im speaking for the 433 posts and 44k views in the official bugreport thread alone not even considering all the other threads which rose after 2.1 - so what’s your point? 40 hrs in is nothing lol… I got 4,5 complete playthroughs since 2.0 and can tell there are many annoying and RETURNING bugs with 2.1 which weren’t there before. So chill man until you will face them yourself progressing your 40 hrs ;)

Last edited:
im speaking for the 433 posts and 44k views in the official bugreport thread alone not even considering all the other threads which rose after 2.1 - so what’s your point?

My point was how that doesn't give you a complete picture of what everyone's attitude and experience of the game is. Those numbers are a drop in the ocean compared to the number of reviews you see over on Steam for instance.

40 hrs in is nothing lol… I got 4,5 complete playthroughs since 2.0 and can tell there are many annoying and RETURNING bugs with 2.1 which weren’t there before. So chill man until you will face them yourself progressing your 40 hrs ;)

"40 hrs is nothing" - Yeah, that was key to the point I was making. Again, I doubt most people have completed a clean 2.1 playthrough already - hence why the forum might not be fully representative of all players at the moment.

Look, to be clear, I'm not denying people's experience with bugs (I've reported a fair amount myself, and I'll continue to report as I find them). If people want to give constructive criticism, have at it.

What I think is a bit of a shame though, is seeing a thread that's sharing an honest, human, and celebratory look at the CP team, and seeing that met with cynicism that feels misplaced (the reason this thread flew under the radar has nothing to do with 2.1 - this was posted on 2nd Dec, so why make it about that?). Plus it feels misrepresentative of the playerbase (you wanna speak for 400-odd posts, okay, but it sounded like you were implying that most of us were fed up with the game based on that. No one goes into a bug thread for the sole purpose of writing a glowing review. The whole point of a bug thread is to talk exclusively about what's wrong with the game).

Anyway, I just think it makes sense to be mindful of what we post and how that can affect dev morale - especially if you're wanting them bugs fixed :shrug:

"40 hrs is nothing" - Yeah, that was key to the point I was making. Again, I doubt most people have completed a clean 2.1 playthrough already - hence why the forum might not be fully representative of all players at the moment.

Look, to be clear, I'm not denying people's experience with bugs (I've reported a fair amount myself, and I'll continue to report as I find them). If people want to give constructive criticism, have at it.

What I think is a bit of a shame though, is seeing a thread that's sharing an honest, human, and celebratory look at the CP team, and seeing that met with cynicism that feels misplaced (the reason this thread flew under the radar has nothing to do with 2.1 - this was posted on 2nd Dec, so why make it about that?). Plus it feels misrepresentative of the playerbase (you wanna speak for 400-odd posts, okay, but it sounded like you were implying that most of us were fed up with the game based on that. No one goes into a bug thread for the sole purpose of writing a glowing review. The whole point of a bug thread is to talk exclusively about what's wrong with the game).

Anyway, I just think it makes sense to be mindful of what we post and how that can affect dev morale - especially if you're wanting them bugs fixed

Many players just play without noticing most of the bugs. For example in version 2.0, 2.0.1 and 2.0.2 there was a bug with the stash, and this bug was for everyone, but did you notice it?

Oh, and I think it's incorrect to compare the number of bug reports in the 'patch 2.1' thread to the number of steam reviews over time. At least compare that to the current online in steam.
Post automatically merged:

Average online game for a week after patch 2.1 - 50000 players.

433 posts and 44k views in the official bugreport thread about patch 2.1

:giveup:

Last edited:
My point was how that doesn't give you a complete picture of what everyone's attitude and experience of the game is. Those numbers are a drop in the ocean compared to the number of reviews you see over on Steam for instance.
first i never did say that is the complete picture lol - just that people are pissed and that might be the reason why the interaction with this thread are low. second steam also doesnt represent "a complete picture" its just one of many platforms, that aside steam numbers are totally irrelevant for the question why noone cares this thread, so again whats your point? - but well i clearly see you dont get what im saying. im talking about the activity in this topic you are talking about game experience, two whole different things.

Last edited:
Hey,
holy shit :eek:

I watched the second one - "the documentary" - and it felt...stressful, sad, like living in a rush,...

First, Patrick Miles mentioned how humankind bends the world around itself, for its own purpose or pleasure, and supported his point with the cats.
And the place, while looking clean and modern, kind of evoked a vision of a (cat) prison (grey stone walls, "cage-like" doors) in me in the context of what he was saying...

Then, when he received the food at like 6:50 - I think the waitress was proud of it and wanted to get some more praise for it, and then looked sad and backed off after he took it. (Note that I noticed he said "Thank you" just before, and she responded and looked happy/proud for a moment). It's nothing personal nor judgemental, just a thought - I felt that when people live fast (or don't empathize/don't have time to empathize/aren't in a mood to empathize/...), they miss many great small things, which may be what life is about...

Then the section with death threats - holy shit...

Next, I find the visuals (grey walls, green flowers) and the story of Pawel Sasko's garden sad as well - or at least that's what it looked to me emotionally while watching the video. A boy who moved from village "gardens" into a city to set up a garden in a grey apartment. Once again, nothing personal nor judgemental, it's just how it looked to me.

Then, Miles cooks and talks about the "disastrous launch", and how he was close to leaving the company,...The contrast of deliciously looking food and broken game...

And the colour palette of the whole video - grey, glass, big cities everywhere, the sunsets over the buildings,...

And then the technical problems with the presentations - and Pawel decided to play through the game to "fill the caches" or whatnot - that's completely insane :eek:

Last edited:
I've become obsessed with the whole process of how cp2077 was done. It's a lesson for the industry..

I didn't play it when it was released admittedly but I just wasn't impressed by the small incremental updates post launch either.

The final update is when I first played it. Just beyond incredible. Its the most advanced video game ever made imo. Best game I've played since rdr2. Since finishing it I feel so empty.

One of the greatest video game experiences I've ever had easily.
Post automatically merged:

Ever played, not ever made haha^*

Top Bottom