Cyberpunk 2077 — Our Commitment to Quality

+
Yeah. Also, bloody good game. Enjoying it a lot. Felt like that needed to be said. Bugs and glitches are annoying, yes, but a shallow game would be so much worse. Good luck to you all the coming months - looking forward to the updates and DLC (free or otherwise).

I'm confident you'll live up to your well deserved rep.

“it is buggy, it is broken and it doesn’t have any of the good content promised... but I had a lovely lovely time... good work CDPR”

Yup, with this mentality we saw EA, Bioware and Bethesda turning into great companies. Good job people!!!!

What is next?
I know, I know.... let’s make a petition so we can have another Witcher game but.... hear me out... O N L I N E
A live-service Witcher game, like Fallout 76

NO!!! Better... a mobile game, like Diablo Immortal... right? We all have mobiles

Yesss!
O - M - G!
I can wait

2 days remaining

Attachments

• 10 days.jpg
    10 days.jpg
    461.6 KB · Views: 115
Acquistato ora (versione Pc)... Congratulazioni... gioco fenomenale!!! .... Bravi tutti!!!! ...

Tifoso italiano.
[unione automatica]1611258136[/automerge]

What engine does CP77 run on? Is it a NEW engine? Is it the same exact engine that The Witcher 3 ran on? NO.

Something else too; Where have all these people been for the last 20 years?
Has everyone forgotten how broken and buggy Skyrim was on launch? Did the devs EVER add in the epic Civil War between Imperials and Stormcloaks ... or, did they just try to sell Horse armor, for like real money ... and the Modding community had to add in the Civil War battles?
The actual best part of Skyrim was the Modding community.
Same goes for most everything from that developer ... everything released; broken, buggy, practically a joke.

Anyone remember ALL the bugs and complaining when The Witcher 3 first released?
CDPR even makes fun of itself and the bugs with the horse Roach by adding an Easter Egg sticker to the first car you have in CP77 that depicts a horse running on it's front legs with its rear-end andrear legs all up in the air.

Have you tried to play Assassin's Creed Valhalla yet? Having fun with all the circle dances yet? ... or the one before that which was basically tons of space just for the sake of space to run around in ... but content ... meh.

Has anyone here complaining seen ANY gaming news over the last few years with dev after dev releasing broken, buggy, unplayable games ... but, wait, also trying to make players buy loot boxes, pay even more money, on top of the broken content?
We've been flooded with "Freemium" microtransaction gaming ... for broken games.

... the Rockstar stuff ... it's all pretty much the same game, reskinned, spread out, with trigger/action/association points and pretty colors in between. Not really much difference from Assassin's Creed Odyssey IMO ... lots of space to run around in ... it justhas the Rockstar Label on it ... so, pretty much same engine, maybe with some updates, a little more graphics fidelity ... sure, it'll run on anything Doom will run on.
... all the formulaic "Dark Souls" style games ... it's just the same thing too, with new models, different animations, so, yeah, Ghosts of Shima will run on your toaster.

There seems to be a lot of short-term memory loss here for the absolute proliferation of buggy releases, and broken games, as well as an abundance of unrealistic expectations derived from over-hype, false equivalency, and much more.

I'm enjoying Cyberpunk 2077. I like it. I also have a very well-worn set of expectations when it comes to playing something right-out-the-gates-released vs. picking up a game that's been out for a year or two.
I'm not Black-Friday rushing the store with all my hopes and dreams and expectations fueled by 7 years of hype.
NO.
I expect there to be all sorts of issues. This isn't the days of Atari, or even a little later where you got what you got and that was it.
People complaining here about controls and things like dodge when there's mods out on Nexus. i wonder if they've ever tried to play System Shock? or System Shock 2? Good Luck ... without mods.

... but, hey, now isn't then. Now, devs give us patches, and updates, and DLCs ... if we can manage to keep from setting our hair on faire and just wait a minute when things aren't what's expected. In the mean time, there's the mod community for things like "better driving", "dedicated dodge button", "walk toggle", "playable tetris" at the standup games you see in CP77, "longer days and nights", some re-skins on lots of things like turning your arms into black Arasaka cyber-ninja arms ... and lots of little things ... but, modding is extremely limited right now.
I wonder what the game would look and play like if we had the modding equivalent of the tools and resources Skyrim had?
Some weirdo would bring back Mantis Blade Wall climbing for sure ... but, eh, that's modding on a level we currently don't have access to.

Maybe i'm just old, and all these rage-quitty tantrums, and complaints over trifles, feel so very very n00bish to me when, gaming, and trying to play most games right after release has been this way for a very long time. Just wait a minute already? Be patient. This has been happening for years, and decades.

Nice reply, but you do understand it is a bit out of context at various points. And please, kindly drop the superior gamer attitude, this is not nice towards others. I have also been playing on PC and all sorts of platforms for decades and I am not prone to "whining" about a game, even one with a few major bugs. Still, I will not dismiss all other posts as "n00bish" or suggest everyone on the planet got amnesia just because of the fact that I have played many more games in worse state and enjoyed them nonetheless or I had been modding them to the point they became different games and just "know better" than everyone else.

1) "What engine does CP77 run on? Is it a NEW engine? Is it the same exact engine that The Witcher 3 ran on? NO."
So what? Did I say they share the same engine? NO.
Does your answer invalidate my point? NO.
Is your answer something that CDPR should have known a long time ago? YES.
Please try answering why then after so many years in development they just "neglected" to see that the game is not really playable on old-gen consoles, despite them claiming otherwise just days before release and also actively preventing reviewers from saying anything - as if that would have changed anything...
Concerning consoles this is not about the bugs, which are a lot considering the time it was in development. Bugs exist and most will be squashed eventually; at least if there is still time and money *. The game is not broken only due to bugs. It just doesn't run well and the co-founder himself admitted the issue is just them trying to run software for next-gen hardware on old hardware. Nice to know after the official release... so what exactly was the development team doing on old consoles all that time? If they knew, so the execs also knew, then why all this mess..?

This unfortunately goes into "deceitful conduct" territory, it is no longer just a development error or miscalculation. Someone made a grave error wanting this to work no matter what and now it is all of CDPR who is gonna pay for that unfortunately.

* Note (hypothesis):
If this legal and financial mess ends up in CDPR losing so much value and credibility that:
- it starts sacking people who would have otherwise worked on bugs, or
- good talent get fed up and leave,
what then? Mods? Sure...

2) "I'm enjoying Cyberpunk 2077. I like it. I also have a very well-worn set of expectations when it comes to playing something right-out-the-gates-released vs. picking up a game that's been out for a year or two."
I am enjoying the game too, as many other gamers do I am sure, however some bugs can destroy the experience, and I am not talking about visual artifacts or just stupid police or paint-jobs. Just see my previous post here for a quick example. Did I quit the game and go in rage mode? Of course not, I am also old enough to know better.

3) "There seems to be a lot of short-term memory loss here for the absolute proliferation of buggy releases, and broken games, as well as an abundance of unrealistic expectations derived from over-hype, false equivalency, and much more."
No, there is no loss of memory, this is a known quantity. Again you blame all other gamers and avoid putting any serious blame on a developer most of the people here had in great esteem before this release. The loss of faith and the consequent bashing was not mainly due to bugs, you still seem to be forgetting that along with a game that is mostly void of its advertised content and which is quite buggy (which are the minor issues now, despite the huge number of events held by CDPR claiming the opposite) they knowingly released a game on old-gen consoles, when it was clear this was not possible to achieve technically at that time-frame.
I don't really buy the "we didn't know" argument, as much as I would like to, the actions leading to the delays and boycotted reviews are far too suspicious and suggest otherwise.

4) "The actual best part of Skyrim was the Modding community. Same goes for most everything from that developer ... everything released; broken, buggy, practically a joke."
OK. That doesn't mean automatically that the game is worthless without mods, I didn't need any of them to enjoy Skyrim and encountered a minimal amount of bugs while playing. Just saying... Same for the new Fallout games (not Fallout 76 though, haven't touched that one). Same as well for Witcher 3, but that was the case after 2 DLCs. So sure, time is of the essence.
Provided you can focus on fixing bugs and not lose time and money on doing what seems to be the impossible (running on old hardware just "because we (CDPR) said so and probably shouldn't have and now we cannot really back off"). I mean you already implied it's rather stupid from anyone to want to run this on a toy box (quote below); maybe try telling that to the CDPR instead of the gaming community for a change. I suppose that the devs knew at some point this didn't work (at least I hope they knew, otherwise what had they been doing all this time...?).

How you going to try to play a game like this with some $600 toy box any way?
$600 is what PC players spend on an introductory casual gaming GPU by itself, and that doesn't include RAM, SSDs, cooling, the CPU, Performance Monitor, and input devices.
Have you even priced an RTX 3080?

Sure, CDPR made some mistakes with what it tried to say this game could get got played on ... but, seriously, realistically, how's anyone gonna a play anything on some $600 toy box?

Note:
No mods for consoles, so moot point here as well. And I don't even have a console, I play on PC, but I do understand the issue.

5) "We've been flooded with "Freemium" microtransaction gaming ... for broken games."
Not really, many games with microtransactions just want to exploit the fanbase, this is not a way to cover "broken" gameplay. Plus, no mention from CDPR on this subject, so the point seems a bit out of context in this thread.

Btw I don't have anything against Marquis_deShade, you know. I just try to argue for the sake of strengthening the arguments themselves and this ongoing discussion. Anyone is free to contradict me and him, hopefully with strong arguments.

Last edited:
What engine does CP77 run on? Is it a NEW engine? Is it the same exact engine that The Witcher 3 ran on? NO.

Something else too; Where have all these people been for the last 20 years?
Has everyone forgotten how broken and buggy Skyrim was on launch? Did the devs EVER add in the epic Civil War between Imperials and Stormcloaks ... or, did they just try to sell Horse armor, for like real money ... and the Modding community had to add in the Civil War battles?
The actual best part of Skyrim was the Modding community.
Same goes for most everything from that developer ... everything released; broken, buggy, practically a joke.

Anyone remember ALL the bugs and complaining when The Witcher 3 first released?
CDPR even makes fun of itself and the bugs with the horse Roach by adding an Easter Egg sticker to the first car you have in CP77 that depicts a horse running on it's front legs with its rear-end andrear legs all up in the air.

Have you tried to play Assassin's Creed Valhalla yet? Having fun with all the circle dances yet? ... or the one before that which was basically tons of space just for the sake of space to run around in ... but content ... meh.

Has anyone here complaining seen ANY gaming news over the last few years with dev after dev releasing broken, buggy, unplayable games ... but, wait, also trying to make players buy loot boxes, pay even more money, on top of the broken content?
We've been flooded with "Freemium" microtransaction gaming ... for broken games.

... the Rockstar stuff ... it's all pretty much the same game, reskinned, spread out, with trigger/action/association points and pretty colors in between. Not really much difference from Assassin's Creed Odyssey IMO ... lots of space to run around in ... it justhas the Rockstar Label on it ... so, pretty much same engine, maybe with some updates, a little more graphics fidelity ... sure, it'll run on anything Doom will run on.
... all the formulaic "Dark Souls" style games ... it's just the same thing too, with new models, different animations, so, yeah, Ghosts of Shima will run on your toaster.

There seems to be a lot of short-term memory loss here for the absolute proliferation of buggy releases, and broken games, as well as an abundance of unrealistic expectations derived from over-hype, false equivalency, and much more.

I'm enjoying Cyberpunk 2077. I like it. I also have a very well-worn set of expectations when it comes to playing something right-out-the-gates-released vs. picking up a game that's been out for a year or two.
I'm not Black-Friday rushing the store with all my hopes and dreams and expectations fueled by 7 years of hype.
NO.
I expect there to be all sorts of issues. This isn't the days of Atari, or even a little later where you got what you got and that was it.
People complaining here about controls and things like dodge when there's mods out on Nexus. i wonder if they've ever tried to play System Shock? or System Shock 2? Good Luck ... without mods.

... but, hey, now isn't then. Now, devs give us patches, and updates, and DLCs ... if we can manage to keep from setting our hair on faire and just wait a minute when things aren't what's expected. In the mean time, there's the mod community for things like "better driving", "dedicated dodge button", "walk toggle", "playable tetris" at the standup games you see in CP77, "longer days and nights", some re-skins on lots of things like turning your arms into black Arasaka cyber-ninja arms ... and lots of little things ... but, modding is extremely limited right now.
I wonder what the game would look and play like if we had the modding equivalent of the tools and resources Skyrim had?
Some weirdo would bring back Mantis Blade Wall climbing for sure ... but, eh, that's modding on a level we currently don't have access to.

Maybe i'm just old, and all these rage-quitty tantrums, and complaints over trifles, feel so very very n00bish to me when, gaming, and trying to play most games right after release has been this way for a very long time. Just wait a minute already? Be patient. This has been happening for years, and decades.

To all of this, you can answer reply with just half of a sentence said, type, you name it, by the CDPR team: "When it's ready". It wasn't. All their seemingly unrealistic promises aside, the game obviously wasn't ready. Axed content, missing mechanics, systems - or just barebones/placeholders (like the wanted one), bugs galore, optimization issues (especially for last gen consoles). It wasn't ready. The fact that they also set their goal too far with sync-multi platform release was another way they shot themselves in the foot. And it costs them more than just our rants...

I don't know if you guys are really trying to fix something wrong or if you have temporarily apologized to avoid legal action.
If it were the second case, really have to be afraid of their next legal action.
Don't forget that this news also raises expectations for game. Realize the exaggerated game content and details in the ad.
You don't have to think that fixing bugs will solve all the problems in this game.

Last edited:
Enjoying the game and glad I was able to purchase at the sony online store. I don't think the game should have been pulled from the Sony playstation store.

CDPR should fix all the bugs and those missing content and that bad npc and police AI and release that patch. Becouse I can wait no problem :)

Come on CDPR you can do this! I haven't played for the last 2 days waiting on this patch.
At list release the patch notes, give us samurais something!

So, it seems that on top of management issues, CDPR is having communication issues too. Tip: if you're unsure when something is shipping do not announce it in advance. It will make your customers/investors loose confidence! (as if this is needed now...)

Top Bottom