Cyberpunk 2077: Phantom Liberty arrives on September 26th!

+
It's because they're not the same product on the marketplace. In order to differentiate between the main game, the expansion, and the main game+expansion (Legendary Edition), the marketplace needs 3 different product codes. (It can't magically tell one from the other. I think most systems nowadays recognize if you've purchased an equivalent product, at least.)

This is the same for all marketplaces, not just Microsoft. In practice, though, it can be very confusing for users. If I'm understanding things correctly, because the last-gen versions can't support the expansion, that portion of the game+expansion version should be refunded in MS credit. The purchase of the standalone expansion would be seen as a different purchase.

Still...due to the nature of the expansion not even being supported on last-gen, I don't see why it should not have offered both the credit for purchasing the LE and a regular refund for purchasing the DLC separately. Something got wires crossed, here.

I'm also confused about what was purchased when. @vrld47 , can you explain when you bought which version of the game and which console in chronological order?
No, if I understood correctly, at the end, it's the same product :(
The expansion, the exact same "product" as the one I bought separatly myself, was added for free to the xbox account of those who bought the bundle on Xbox One X at time. So in the library, there is no difference... CDPR (or Microsoft, it doesn't matter), added for free a content that he already owned/pre-ordered.
In short, it's the same as if I gifted you a game you already have in your library.
I'm also confused about what was purchased when. @vrld47 , can you explain when you bought which version of the game and which console in chronological order?
So as I understand it :
- He bought Cyberpunk Legendary Edition in 2020 on XBox One X.
- He switched on Series X.
- Being unavailable on Xbox One, the expansion he bought in 2020 was initially intended to be refund in form on Microsoft Store credits.
- So Being on Series X now, he pre-ordered the expansion before the release (to be sure to play it right away) knowing he will get his money back (or a part at least) in form of Microsoft store credits.
- But later CDPR or Microsoft, instead of MS credits, added the expansion for free in his library, an expansion he already owned.

Last edited:
No, if I understood correctly, at the end, it's the same product :(
The expansion, the exact same "product" as the one I bought separatly myself, was added for free to the xbox account of those who bought the bundle on Xbox One X at time. So in the library, there is no difference... CDPR (or Microsoft, it doesn't matter), added for free a content that he already owned/pre-ordered.
In short, it's the same as if I gifted you a game you already have in your library.
Ah...what a mess. That's a lot of back and forth, but the fact of the matter is: there's the value of a loose PL expansion floating around out there that has been lost in the void.

I "purchased" the game initially with the then unannounced DLC1 by redeeming the digital goods of the Xbox back in 2020. I pre-ordered PL around a week before release.
Post automatically merged:

I’m not familiar with MS… but how is it even possible to pay/buy smt you already have? For an outsider it looks like poor scam from MS… even more if you can’t refund one of your duplicate versions o.o

edit: or did he pre-order before he got the free version?… even than it’s bad customer service…
I suppose the concrete Phantom Liberty DLC has been handed to anybody with the Limited Edition purchase somewhere before release.

Regarding the refund: Microsoft is a big corp and their customer service reflect it. As there is no way to escalate to somebody in order to treat this specific case not along some basic "purchased 14 days prior" workflow, I am holding the bag.
Whatever, Sigil offered their assistance and whether this works out in the end or not, I am just thankful for the attention in this absurd situation about some 30 bucks DLC unlock lol.
Enjoy your week!

Last edited:
Top Bottom