CYBERPUNK 2077: ULTIMATE EDITION ARRIVES ON DECEMBER 5TH!

+
Dear Devs!

The basic idea is not a bad one! Fans - who care about this kind of stuff - can get another collectible. Someone who haven't got the main game (and the DLC, of course) can get into the game with already armed with The DLC. Also, Xbox players who like to own their games physically (which I do, too, just with PC) can get it. These are good things, but!

You need to communicate what's in this far better, transparent! What's in the boxes for PC and Consoles - codes or Disks? This should have been in the first post by you, not something we need to search! Also, what can players who got the main game or even the DLC can get out of this? If you aren't exactly transparent and clear about this, then that could give people a bitter taste about the whole thing. Sure, casual players (as in: consumer behavior) who just grab the game because they read it that it's good won't care about who made it. It's different for those who care about this kind of developer/publisher behavior - those you could get as long term consumers. You won't, though, if you aren't transparent.

Also, I understand that this is the announcement of the Ultimate Edition, not an update/community note about the whole game, but with the amount of bugs report that I see here in posts (even more so because many imply 1.63 was more stable than 2.0x), you really should have at least added that yes, we see the feedback, patch 2.03 are on it's way, maybe even note one or two important fixes. It wouldn't even require fix dates, but would've been a good sign for players.
I already let go of the game, as I wrote in posts and replies that my main problems are with core elements of the game - Stamina for shooting, messed up Skill/Perk tree, locked gameplay with weapon types and abysmal, forced, superficial writing in the DLC etc. But for those who like the game as it is - minus the bugs - such small signs of life about the fixes could mean a lot.

Starting December 5th, Cyberpunk 2077: Ultimate Edition for Xbox Series X|S, PlayStation 5 and PC will be available for purchase digitally all around the world and physically in selected markets. If you like boxes, be on the lookout in your local store!

In the Ultimate Edition, experience the original Cyberpunk 2077 story as well as a new spy-thriller adventure in the Phantom Liberty expansion — a high-stakes tale of espionage set in the deadly district of Dogtown.

The release contains the base game with every update ever released, including the free Update 2.0, which overhauled many of the game’s systems such as dynamic skill trees, vehicle combat and enhanced enemy and police AI, and added various new weapons, vehicles, and clothes, as well as all free DLCs and the Phantom Liberty expansion.

Legends will be made here. What will yours be?
Will there be a separate achievement list for this version similar in to the Witcher 3 game of the year edition. I would love to spend the money for a new achievement list, also give me an excuse to play the game again after completing it

I have Phantom Liberty but unchecked on the add on because I need to know how can I get Star ending with PL as an active add on. On the base game to I finish all up until meet Hanako? Or?? Plus on PL if I don’t shoot reed, and I have fully completed the entire base game there is an option to call reed or not. What happens if I don’t call reed? My choices from PL, what do I do to keep my Nomad option? I’m asking because I’m on V’s side!! Don’t want that cure. V is hopeless & becoming a fixer, C’mon man! No way. So what advice if anyone can help to secure my Nomad ending? Plus I want to romance Judy. <3

I honesty would have preferred more main story characters on the cover, PL isn't the the entire game yet Reed & So Mi are there with Johnny & V.
Before they put the nail in CP77's coffin they need to fix the myriad of bugs, it's glaring there are still bugs for many.
For me it's run fine on PS5 except the occasional crash, even more stable on my janky dumpster fire potato 'ultrabook' which doesn't even meet launch min specs.

Seeing this is a glorified download bundle I sadly pass as I have a more satisfying buy from the launch bundle...even more happy with collector's edition someone sold me half price. I would have bought it if any edition were actually complete on disc (I'm not buying an xbox for that...I'll buy a new pc first).

Since I'm voicing 'wishes' that wion't happen I'll say, we should have had an option to get a dog as the lore & in-game media is littered with people still having them, even our "Fool" tarot has a dog, Panam emails V a pic of her Aldecado buddies with the Basilisk & a dog.
I'd gladly pay the 10k €$ monthly pet fee. Preferences I guess...some are 'cat people' just as some exclusively play female characters.
More choices are always welcome, even if it's an extinct cloned lesser antillean iguana.
Maybe follow the ideas of classic movies on Blurays which have reversible inserts. 1 side male V other the female V
You mean exactly like the initial release? Agreed...or
I think it should be both V's, Both are Awesome in there own ways.
This!... Why was this never an idea? We ALL choose who V is, literally two exist, yet only one on the cover?
Personally don't get the woke comments, as Valerie being on the front cover has nothing to do with wokeness when a vast majority of players simply love the character and praise the performance.

Cherami Leigh
is an incredibly talented actress with a very rich vocal and emotional range, so for a vast majority of people she is THE VOICE of the game for which she even received the prestigious BAFTA nomination.

Vincent was on the cover during release, the only V that got an actual cinematic trailer ever and even has a statue as a part of the collector's edition, whereas Valerie never received either of the two. She eventually got on the cover and stayed there for a long time now to promote the game.

The spot is legitimately well deserved in my opinion and it would be silly of CDPR not to use the more universally praised protagonist to promote the game, especially when people love the character.
It should be both on the cover or reversible as first release (yes Valerie was on the cover) simply because we choose who V is.
This isn't about the voice actors, as you can mix n match gendered face/voice/body type/lower parts, only the default body image.
If more normies commented or Reddit/Twitter keyboard warriors were the type to play as male without cringing over a masculine sounding voice Gavin would have the equal respect he deserves, they both nailed it, different takes...just as gender is different.
Also, the "vast majority" 67.5% chose to romance Panam, so they played as Vincent. Don't let youtubers waifu videos make you think otherwise.
For some, regardless of their reasoning, V will always be exclusively canon based on their preferred play style.
As I said earlier, more choice is welcome, our choice.

Last edited:
A real shame that this is just the base game (updated to patch 2.0+) and the Phantom Liberty expansion. Would have been cool if CDPR had added some extra gigs or such that they might have had in a near-ready-but-cut state and have someone finish those for this "Ultimate" edition (with existing owners being able to get the new stuff via update too ofcourse).

Ah well, at least it's something for the die-hard collector who wants this game plus expansion on physical discs I guess. Personally I was happy enough with my physical Day One Collector's Edition coming with those music cds, statue, and host of other goodies. :)

I mean what's unique in ultimate edition compared to the version we are playing??
Post automatically merged:

A real shame that this is just the base game (updated to patch 2.0+) and the Phantom Liberty expansion. Would have been cool if CDPR had added some extra gigs or such that they might have had in a near-ready-but-cut state and have someone finish those for this "Ultimate" edition (with existing owners being able to get the new stuff via update too ofcourse).

Ah well, at least it's something for the die-hard collector who wants this game plus expansion on physical discs I guess. Personally I was happy enough with my physical Day One Collector's Edition coming with those music cds, statue, and host of other goodies. :)

no difference at all? like literally??

I mean what's unique in ultimate edition compared to the version we are playing??
Nothing :)
What's the difference between the witcher 3 (base game + free DLCs + HoS + B&W) and the witcher 3 GOTY? None.
(I quote TW3 as example, but most "Complete/GOTY/Ultimate/Whatever/..." whatever the game have nothing "unique")

I really hope that the Ultimate edition contains "New Game Plus", if CDPR is hoping that players will play this game in the future they must include new game plus. Im at 500hours or so in playtime and now im closing the book so too speak, with the witcher 3 i played much more than that. But i dont want to grind a new character every time, eddies, mat, and so on. Also the removal of armor from clothing made the game more boring for me, especially when you can not utilize the full cyberware capacity. Wrong move to Change that.

Hey if a new edition is coming fix it so we can adjust screen sizes like you could back in the 2000s. What a strange feature to remove. I have no setting on my TV in order to fix this so why not have a slider in game ? Surely it can't be too much work to program and even if it is I paid full price at launch so I'd like that to be where my money goes.

I have 3 questions.

First, is the PC physical edition a proper one, AKA game on disc? Or is it just a "code in a box"?

Second, is the PC physical edition DRM free?

Lastly... where the heck can you buy it? I can't find it anywhere in Romania, is there a list of regions and / or retailers it's available at?

Hey, I already own Cyberpunk+DLC digitally and I would like to buy something physical for my shelf now that the game has received the love and care it needed. It would get a prime spot, which it also has in my heart. The current Ultimate Box seems rather dull. Is there any shiny box (collector's edition?) or something I can buy to support the recent work that was put into the game?

Just registered on this forum cause of this issue.
Why we don’t have Vincent in any promo materials of Phantom Liberty? It seems unfair. Cause Valerie was originally on the back cover in original release. And CDPR swapped Vincent for Valerie since the next gen release.

I see lots of posts on the internet and many people believe and start topics with info that canon V is now a female one. Just cause only Valerie appears in promo for Phantom Liberty.

I enjoyed DLC very much, I spent 500 hours in the game, bought it twice for Xbox and PC. And I love male V so much more. And I don’t want to think that now my V is out of canon. Don’t see a point to play as Vincent after so many posts, that he is not canon.

I know that I will ignore this and play anyway, but it seems like a proper thing to do to have an alternative official promo and covers for the expansion and sure for the complete edition for male V.

it seems fair to the players that chose Vincent over Valerie.

And I don’t want to think that now my V is out of canon. Don’t see a point to play as Vincent after so many posts, that he is not canon.
It doesn't matter, the "real" V is the one you created ;)
In my case, V never looked like the one on the cover (male or female^^)

I'm pretty certain if V is ever referred to in future games, it will be deliberately obscure as to who they were to avoid giving them a specific gender, romance and lifepath, especially with the Phantom Liberty ending, which I'm sure CDPR will use as canon going forward.

(...) I don’t want to think that now my V is out of canon. Don’t see a point to play as Vincent after so many posts, that he is not canon.
eh woot...?... there is no canon between them - they both represent you as a player.... im still trying to understand the post or the mindset behind the post... like woooot?....
but it seems like a proper thing to do to have an alternative official promo and covers for the expansion and sure for the complete edition for male V.
eh... hä? is this even serious... or trolling? q.q

Why we don’t have Vincent in any promo materials of Phantom Liberty? It seems unfair. Cause Valerie was originally on the back cover in original release. And CDPR swapped Vincent for Valerie since the next gen release.

I see lots of posts on the internet and many people believe and start topics with info that canon V is now a female one. Just cause only Valerie appears in promo for Phantom Liberty.

I enjoyed DLC very much, I spent 500 hours in the game, bought it twice for Xbox and PC. And I love male V so much more. And I don’t want to think that now my V is out of canon. Don’t see a point to play as Vincent after so many posts, that he is not canon.

I know that I will ignore this and play anyway, but it seems like a proper thing to do to have an alternative official promo and covers for the expansion and sure for the complete edition for male V.

it seems fair to the players that chose Vincent over Valerie.
They did it on purpose so you would feel threatened by a fictional female character and make it a reason to register and post about it in a forum :howdy::beer:

Top Bottom