Cyberpunk 2077 Redemption Arc

+
Cyberpunk is still pretty much an early access game. The game was not a finished product. Even though you can still enjoy what is offered, excuses aside, they underperformed. That is the harsh truth.

Nothings wrong with liking something, but just because you like something does not objectively make it good/great. I have my fair share of games/movies/shows that I admit are average 5.5 or 7/10 at best, but I still enjoyed them, or parts of them at least. I think people are not only disappointed with the game, but also disappointed with how disconnected people are from what good looks like.

Managements fault or not, at the end of the day, they accepted false advertisements till the very end. Also it's not so much what they promised, it's about doing a better job and showing love/creativity into whatever few things their game does offer. Their execution of AI alone shows that their product was not finished.

Companies are smart and know not to advertise too much so early in development. There are games that announce their product and go completely underground until their game is about finished, or if they do advertise, they at least wait some and keep features to a minimum. You can not blame people for being even a little disappointed.

Cyberpunk in a way is a diamond in the rough. The damage may have already been dealt, but there is still hope.

1. Deal with most of their visual/audio issues

2. Improve a good amount of quality of life aspects in their game

3. Add more to their somewhat average character creation - simple vehicle customization - Hand/knife combat system and more,,,,

4. Make their AI/physics a much better experience - They underperformed here big time

5. Adding new features one feature at a time. Example - Allow players to alter character appearance mid game. They don't have to implement anything crazy, just have players go to their wardrobe to alter appearance. Some features might have to be next gen/pc exclusive and some might never be added.

6. Balance what needs to be balanced.

7. Implement small creative touches here and there to make your lifepath/choices more meaningful

8. Encourage players with news about adding more life to their world, such as mini games/activities in later months

Just those things alone would jump a 6.5/10 and 7/10 game to 8/10 or higher. I really do feel like the game needed another act to smooth things out. I thought this game had its moments, I will give it that. Even though shallow, the game can be eye candy, Gun play is about good and the core of its story is good. The overall game at its current stage, objectively speaking is not good yet.

Last edited:
I dunno mun, Cyberpunk is supposed to be a finished product, it is not an early access game where they constantly add features down the line, I mean sure bug fixes and maybe minor DLC cosmetic additions will be added but I would not expect any major overhauls to the gameplay and story unless they do something like a directors cut but very few games do this and even the ones that do this the changes aren't that drastic.

1. Deal with most of their visual/audio issues

2. Improve a good amount of quality of life aspects in their game

3. Add more to their somewhat average character creation - simple vehicle customization - Hand/knife combat system and more,,,,

4. Make their AI/physics a much better experience - They underperformed here big time

5. Adding new features one feature at a time. Example - Allow players to alter character appearance mid game. They don't have to implement anything crazy, just have players go to their wardrobe to alter appearance. Some features might have to be next gen/pc exclusive and some might never be added.

6. Balance what needs to be balanced.

7. Implement small creative touches here and there to make your lifepath/choices more meaningful

8. Encourage players with news about adding more life to their world, such as mini games/activities in later months

1. Is a given, these will probably be addressed in future patches

2. Maybe if you are lucky but it depends on what you are asking here

3. Might get a few more hairstyles and Tattoos in the free DLC they said they planned to release, not going to be any improvements to the hand to hand combat mechanics though

4. Probably not going to see any major improvements to the AI in this game even after patches

5. Might get a Hairstylist or add cosmetic surgery option for Ripperdoc if you are lucky but beyond that I really would not expect much

6. Balance sure, some things may get nerfed, others buffed, but don't expect too drastic changes in the gameplay

7. Most likely not going to happen, game has been shipped and the story has already been set.

8. Maybe in DLC content but dont get your hopes up.
Post automatically merged:

That said they did say that they planned to do that free DLC rollout thing similar to the Witcher 3, anyone know what the deal with that is? Wasn't it 1 every week with the Witcher 3 for a couple of weeks or am I misremembering?

Top Bottom