Cyberpunk 2077 Subtitle stuck bug solved!!!!

+
The turn off and on trick works for me but it's very annoying to do that each time J. Silverhand says a random line

Don't bother trying to "permanently" fix this issue, it will always come back with different lines (i got several lines of Johnny's stuck on screen from time to time, and now with V), the only "temporal" fix is to turn off and on subtitle each time you load a save .

Hope CDPR fix this soon, its so immersion breaking.

View attachment 11102348
Hum, no. Read the thread, you'll see the fix actually permanently works every time. The only downside is that you have to track down the place where those lines appeared on your screen wich can be tedious, but once you go there, poof, they done gone.

Hum, no. Read the thread, you'll see the fix actually permanently works every time. The only downside is that you have to track down the place where those lines appeared on your screen wich can be tedious, but once you go there, poof, they done gone.
my bad, I actually follow your earlier post and got mine fix. thanks.

to clarify the situation I have in particular is regarding the dialogue exchange between Johnny and V about Malstrom drug, any line in between have a chance to get stuck for me.

go to the following place to get solved as PasDeBras suggested:
Cyberpunk 2077 Screenshot 2020.12.14 - 12.13.14.85.png

Last edited:
Does not work in the long run, just removes it until you have to load a save again (dying / relaunching the game).

"Ha. The house is rakin' it in. Wonder what the boss has to say about it." both voice line and subtitle repeat every time a save is loaded, and subtitle always gets stuck.
For this particular stuck subtitle, fast travel to Clarendon St (it's bottom left of Little China district) and the conversation will be finished.

Unfortunately, I have a different subtitle that's stuck and not sure where to go to finish it.
"S'what you get for samplin' Maelstrom supply..."

Edit: PasDeBras solved it. For the "S'what" subtitle glitch go back to the minefield in the bottom right of the map.

Last edited:
Does not work in the long run, just removes it until you have to load a save again (dying / relaunching the game).

"Ha. The house is rakin' it in. Wonder what the boss has to say about it." both voice line and subtitle repeat every time a save is loaded, and subtitle always gets stuck.

I just got this same fucking bug. BUT I found a solution. There's a unfinished dialogue in Jig-Jig Street with Johnny. After I scanned a joytoy that is sitting on the stairs, I saved and load the game again and the bug was gone. Fuck this game is buggy as hell. even on PC.

Has anybody from CD RED even played this game? They should go everything through twice and iron the hell out of the bugs and glitches.

Last edited:
Hey all, Does anyone know where the spot is where Johny Says:
"Ugh, 6th street. Hate those bastards" ?

I've google it but it's all wiki-references where he says:
“Ugh...hate those bastards. Vomit-lofty patriotic bullshit all day...”

Got the same issue with the first text stuck on the screen.

Hey all, Does anyone know where the spot is where Johny Says:
"Ugh, 6th street. Hate those bastards" ?

I've google it but it's all wiki-references where he says:
“Ugh...hate those bastards. Vomit-lofty patriotic bullshit all day...”

Got the same issue with the first text stuck on the screen.
Had the same problem, the rest of the dialogue triggered here for me
Screenshot.jpg

To Fix this bug go to the location that the line of speach should have finished at and it will play itself out and then be done.

Nope that does not fix it because the line is appearing in a location that it is not supposed to, so you can't reply to it.
Post automatically merged:

Don't bother trying to "permanently" fix this issue, it will always come back with different lines (i got several lines of Johnny's stuck on screen from time to time, and now with V), the only "temporal" fix is to turn off and on subtitle each time you load a save .

Hope CDPR fix this soon, its so immersion breaking.

View attachment 11102348

no turning off subtitles does not fix this

For this particular stuck subtitle, fast travel to Clarendon St (it's bottom left of Little China district) and the conversation will be finished.

Unfortunately, I have a different subtitle that's stuck and not sure where to go to finish it.
"S'what you get for samplin' Maelstrom supply..."

Edit: PasDeBras solved it. For the "S'what" subtitle glitch go back to the minefield in the bottom right of the map.

No, this does not fix the 'Ha. House is raking it in' Glitch neither does turning the subtitles off.

nope, it does not the 'Ha. House is rakin' it in line is supposed to appear during 'Playing for keeps' but if you complete that gig BEFORE you have Johnny along you can't reply to it and thats it. It's stuck. You can no longer actually converse with Johnny because that caption is stuck. It also can't be turned off.

Nope that does not fix it because the line is appearing in a location that it is not supposed to, so you can't reply to it.

no turning off subtitles does not fix this

No, this does not fix the 'Ha. House is raking it in' Glitch neither does turning the subtitles off.

nope, it does not the 'Ha. House is rakin' it in line is supposed to appear during 'Playing for keeps' but if you complete that gig BEFORE you have Johnny along you can't reply to it and thats it. It's stuck. You can no longer actually converse with Johnny because that caption is stuck. It also can't be turned off.

Try this however....
Go to the Clarenoon St. fast travel point in little china
it should autosave when you get there
exit the game to the main menu
go back in the game and continue
the point MAY load without the stuck caption.

Last edited:
Sorry it didn't work for you, but fast travel to Clarendon St worked for me straight away, with the quest already long completed. Several people in this thread and others have confirmed that the fix worked for them too. Hope your version of this bug is fixed, or gets resolved, soon.

If you have a subtitle stuck, come to the audio section, turn off the cinematic and above option and return to the game, then open the settings you closed and your problem is solved.
I haven't had the subtitle issue, but something similar, and ONLY since 1.11 released. A few days ago I finished a mission and the word "failed" appeared smack in the middle of the screen, right below the aiming reticle. I figured it'd go away after I got out of the area I was in, but it did not. I went back to my apt and did some other things and nothing resulted in the word going away, AND it was extremely annoying. I looked it up online and found the subtitle issue and where some of you would save.reload to get rid of it. That worked for the word "failed".

Last night I was at a quickhack shop and was looking at the wares and one of those informational windows popped up on the left side of the screen. Again, I figured it would go away once I got out of the window with the quickhacks, but no, it just stuck there. Did a bunch of running around, no go. Saved and reloaded, nothing. Got pissed and logged off the game for a few hours, logged back on and IT'S STILL THERE!!!! I had finished the main story the night before so was just doing side missions and gigs. Decided to start a new character and save, leaving the one where I was having the issue. Played for an hour or so with the new character without issue. Loaded the save where I had the problem and of course the window of text is still there.

The game is unplayable like this as the text window takes up a fifth of the screen. Not sure what to do at this point, but it's something that has to do with patch 1.11. Anybody else having this particular issue? BTW I'm using the Xbox One X so not sure if it's a console, PC or both thing.

Top Bottom