Cyberpunk 2077 - Your Ideas For A Dream RPG

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
You know what would be an amazing little touch? If there's a universal basic income scheme in Night City (to keep the proles pacified, of course!) and it turns out you receive a certain amount of money every so often, but if you do any crimes or associate with anyone who has a low social credit score, your basic income gets some deductions until it's entirely revoked.

☭And then you lead the Яevolution and use a rusty sickle to chop off the heads of ten thousand bourgeoisie Corps' and their families☭ ~Tali-Ban

Or, more realistically, you get the police on your case more easily, even just by way of passing in front of an innocuous drone or CCTV camera, but you can bribe your way out of it.
All this idea to receive credits is nice, I just hope to work hard for a good apartment and a car, I wonder if there would be stores in the game.

Why ask for player community input for the game back in 2013, and most player feedback were asking for freedom to choose in it features, and RPG gameplay elements, and then when you show the game at E3 2018 you tell the player community that the game will be first person RPG with only minor third person views. You could have set the basic vision of the game earlier in development , and shared it with the future player community so that you didn't have the concerns players are expressing now with no option for third person view. I know you have a vision for your game, and you debated about making the game First, or Third person view, but why not share your decision earlier with the gaming community rather then letting them assume it was third person view RPG for so long. Gamers would not be giving you as much grief over your decision to go First Person RPG only.

I would like:
-Vertical farming, micro greens
-Labs that grow meat, like steaks and burgers. (twist, some of its lab made human meat)
-Shady Chemical corporations, like a certain Mon-San
-Quests to the above mentioned industries
-Soylent
-Bugs being a normal food item
-Showers like the Nebia, aka Atomizing water heads
-Capsule hotels/apartments (like the ones in real life and neuromancer)
-Everything from 2020, all the lore books

Could we get a mode were we pick a profession and just do that profession. Also I would like a free roam mode, I would like a story like the witcher games where I play a made char and learn how the game works with a stoyline on par with W3. But I would also like another mode, maybe unlockable after the main game with no main quest, the city just does its thing and I am a part of it. Truly living the Lowlife, Hightech life.

As you can see, not asking for much.

Please, and thank you

Wishlist:
Since FPP has been confirmed, I'd really like to request a FPP camera system like Dark Messiah of Might and Magic. You could look down, see your body, hands, armor, and look around without turning (like in real life).

Weapon customization. Changing things like sights, mags, and so on. If there are sniper rifles, would it be possible to not have the "black" screen around the scope when you zoom in?

A ballistics system for the "standard" category of weapons.

Also if it's possible, could you also allow us some basic access to configure the HUD and crosshair? Whether that's through .ini files or options... I'd like to play with a minimal one.

An ironman/ultra hard mode would be great too for some extra challenge.

Hello dear devs,

Something really cool ( for me and maybe for others like me :D ) could be stealth mechanics and Stealth kills paired animations system. For the ones who like to attack from behind with a knife rather than a gun with suppressor.
What i mean by that is, getting behind an ennemy and kill him using a realistic melee move to make the murder silent.
I specify that because a lot of games use that system but the animations are just smashing the ennemy's head with a hammer from behind and call it stealth kill^^ Silent kill means to not hear the victim crying or dying and i find it really an important thing to make it realistic. :)

And i suppose, for someone ( the player ) living in a world like that, knowing some moves with a knife could be really nice and could fit very well if the player likes to play that way.

Here are some exemples below of the moves i'm talking about :)

I hope you like the idea and sory for grammary issues in my post, english is not my native langage, i do my best :)

Thank you a lot for reading and see you in Night City! :D

Attachments

• cutthroat.jpg
    cutthroat.jpg
    303.6 KB · Views: 43
  • hitman-absolution-embargo-11112-1.jpg
    hitman-absolution-embargo-11112-1.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 47
Cyberpunk 2077 - Your Ideas For A Dream RPG

We want the Cyberpunk 2077 to be the best RPG possible. Feel free to share your ideas and features that you would like to see in our upcoming game.

We want to hear your input:)

RPG dreams in the style of cyberpunk is a game created by you CD Projekt RED. I ask you not to listen to people about a third person, they begin to evaluate the game before they saw the gameplay. Do as you see fit. I believe in you!
(Sorry for possible errors, I used an interpreter.)

I want this game to be special. I'd want a stylish, tone-set, mature game. GTA and Watchdogs 2 is mature, but I'm aiming for something realer as shown in the first teaser trailer (please don't be like gta). I don't want the same old bad*ss with guns and a fancy car driving around doing things a bad*ss with a gun would. I'd want a deep personal story, one that leaves you cold, it's intense, like the first teaser. You know, like a person who gets too invested in these cyber enhancements that he loses himself and goes crazy, in the end has a completely different body, becomes violent (I wouldn't want that to be the only main character, gotta lighten it up and make it more interesting than just that). A bright, sunny, colorful city is cool but I also want that gritty, kind of edgy, dark feeling just as much, maybe even more prominently. The player could become attatched more and more to the character as the character progresses through monumental changes, and in the end, the story is a roller-coaster with just as much heart and stone cold emotion as it had exhileration and action. Maybe in the end, when the character is done levelling up and gaining all the enhancements to defeat the big enemies, he/she could come to a realization and look back at what they have done and how they have changed. And how everything around them did, including the other characters, and how that is both beautiful, detremental, and depressing (not those exact descriptors, but you get the idea). It puts the player directly against the main mission of an rpg, contradicting the formula most of them use, making them question other games, and that could be really beautiful. That imo could be a really powerful story in gaming. One that not only challenges the character in the game, but also the player, and everything they knew about typical story narratives from before. Less ready player one (in fact nothing like player one), and more... Blade runner maybe? Well, I can't really compare to anything, because the idea in my head that I'm trying to describe is wholly unique, interesting, and cool, at least for me. And I'm going to take a bold move here and say I don't want the story to be like the witcher, it worked there, this is a completely different game and universe, it needs something special. My idea is a little different than what was shown in the e3 trailer (as you can probably see I had mixed feelings). I had different feelings and emotions during the hacking scene, for example, than when the trailer ended. You have a while to go before it is done, I trust you guys. Don't be afraid to change a lot of the game.

Also, I realize that what I said may be cool but not everything the devs want to do as well. So you could also do more than one main character. Imagine, 2 customizable characters, each integrating and layering into the main storyline/tone of a story I said before, each in their own incredibly complex surroundings, with their own homes and cars and personalities, feelings, motivations, endings, that ultimately fuel the main theme I was trying to describe before. One a little dark and gritty, one a little less, I don't know kinda hard to describe. Just some ideas, I don't know if you hire writers and "screenwriters" to envision the world and the narratives but I'm here. My dream game.

Last edited:
Replayability is something like repeatable missions, contracts or businesses after finishing the main story.

People hated Preston's radiant quests in Fallout 4, which I did as well, but after completing literally every quest and when I found out there's nothing to do, i missed his quests. I hope there's something to keep me going after main story.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello everyone. I want to see something brand new. I mean all RPGs that out have the same concept in basics. Don't get just template ( like everyone else does) and just advance it to your side. Make a new one, make concept from scratch. We are all common with skills trees, ability trees, weapon upgrade trees and a bunch of other stuff that in basics are similar to other games. Don't do that, think of something new in that matter. I have some idea about this, like don't use skill points or something to advance your skills, make them earnable. For example, if u want to have the ability to throw hard objects, make the challenge where u earn it ( mission line for every skill) and if u want to upgrade it u must continue with challenges for it. Besides this, I would like to have sort of hardcore mode where u not only start from the beginning when you die but also hard injuries are permanent. For example, you can heal from bullet hit or something but if u got a ton of bullets in for example arm you will lose that arm and lose all skill and abilities which uses that arm.

We want the Cyberpunk 2077 to be the best RPG possible.

From what I read from people who already saw the gameplay on E3 it seems to be more a shooter than an RPG. So exactly what most people here didn't want. So lets see how it turns out. I don't want to judge before I saw the final version but I also have to say that I don't want CP to be just an open world shooter.

The only Open World RPG I've enjoyed in 1st person is Far Cry 4 which gave me motion sickness headaches.

If you're going to stick to 1st person please make it 60fps on consoles so I don't get headaches :(

The only other game in 1st person I've absolutely loved was Titanfall 2, please take at look at their work for inspiration in the shooting department :)

Keep up the great work guys!

I read an comment from a guy who analyzed a lot of posts and videos from journalists being on E3. The comment says that one journalist almost spoiled the release date and that CP is way further developed than everyone thought.

What do you think? Is a release in less than 8 months reasonable? I mean CP was announced years ago so I don't think they didn't do nothing in the first few years. And after all the big hype and the big criticism about not keeping up with the promises, it would definitely make sens to go a bit more silent for CP until it is almost done and only present stuff that they can really deliver.

while i wrote it in an other thread, i would like to put it in here too:

- FoV slider
- if Head or Gun bob, pls let us turn it off in the Options. (personally i get motionsickness from headbobs)
- Mouse sensitivy Slider (i know its standart, but still gonna mention it)
- FPS Adjustablity
- Changing Crosshair to a different design to make it a better visual fixpoint

----- this should be able to help most ppl with motion sickness

1. Dark foggy, rainy blade runner nights and missions
2.Detective style missions which makes you think, question witnesses, analyze evidence and decide who is guilty or not (no matter if they are actually guilty) with consequences ofc.
3)Companions
4)Ability to have your own home or a even a club.
5)Some kind of territory or POI (which you can develop) war. establish your group, recruit, spare enemies, brainwash them etc.
6)Fast paced fights, no bullet sponge mechanics, less health for player and npcs. Hitting critical spots should be insta death.
7.Injuries don't heal up fully during or after the fight, if you got hit in the leg you run slower etc
8.Assassination contracts.
Just noticed that this is an old thread so just add ability to have third and first persons xd
Well this they can do even now 9. If dialogue of the mission feels tedious and out of place cut it a bit, make it short and snappy
Also make that enemies are not blind and see you strangle their friends in front of them

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom