Cyberpunk 2077 - Your Ideas For A Dream RPG

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would like to see Linux client. Seriously, make me proud. :D

On everything else I trust you and by this I mean you've already got my money. ;)

What a nice new forum.
Hello CDPR and all fans of the witcher and cyberpunk,well my dream RPG would be

1#-Immersive and full of choices
By that I mean a living world with a strong theme,deep story that you can have effect on,choices that matter and not just affect the world but other charathers,I want to have relationships(like friends and enemies and romances) with people and I want to interact with them and change them with my decisions.I want lots of dialouge and hard choices.And of corse I want to chose what part will my charather have on the world of Cyberpunk 2077,weather he will be a heavily modified guy or a person who hates implants,I want choice,but before that I want that the chrathers,the world and the story to be immersive and full of dialouge and good writing

2#A middle gound between open world(outgoing,free game) and focused on a single area

If your world is 100% open world,it sometimes break the immersion,if the story wants you to be in a ceirtan place if It's open world,I't kind of pulls you away from the situation and the atnosphere of the ceirtan location you are supposed to be and breaks immersion.

But you also need to feel the world,move around it,meet people,see how to world looks,works and feels,go around,talk with NPCs,see the technology.

If the game is closed to a single closed area,you just can't do that and It stops you from fully connecting and immersing yourself in the world and it's setting

So not 100% open world,not 100% on a closed area,a little more open version of TW2 would work perfectly.

-Combat full of RPG options

I don't want sci-fi COD in my RPG.I want customizable way of combat,I want to fight how I want,maybe i want to be sneaky,and use tech to bypass the security,or have some stealth implant.Or maybe I want to be a trained soldier with a badass gun going in covers and just shooting other people with my gun that can trow granades and have implant percing bullets,or maybe I want to use some special implant powers to heal myself and kill from range,or use my implant powers do destroy someone in melle range.I want this options in combat,and yeah I also want customizable armor looks(color and such) I want to know that it is my chraracter not just story wise,but gameplay wise,I want to decide how I want to play.

But I have faith in CDPR and I know that they are already going in this direction

Good luck and I hope you read my reply.

Bye!:eek:

Make the combat and stealth be dependant mainly of the AI, thus making dumber AI for easy difficulty or early enemies, and making the last enemies as intelligent as possible.

AI is EVERYTHING in singleplayer games with firearms.

Guns are so powerful that a skilled player will always beat larger numbers of enemies with better tech or guns, and if the player has better tech or guns its extremely overpowered, the key is AI always, if a team of 6 AI controlled oponents works properly instead of just sitting behind cover waiting to die when they pop up it will make combat much more challenging and make sure that tech and good guns truly help you a lot, but without making early weapons useless.

The same with stealth, dont make it dependant on gadgets or skills that you buy with exp, make a good AI that knows how to organize, check places cleverly and communicate with each other silently instead of shouting WHAT WAS THAT !!.

This way if you have a group of low level mercenaries from the start of the game, they will still be dangerous to an advanced player, because their weapons will still be lethal no matter how superior your gear is, you wont have to level up enemies according to the player's level, so combat will depend on how good you are, and gear or level will never be the defining aspect of an engagement.

I hope it'll be a RPG, cause we missed some which take place in a cyberpunk universe, so if i have to propose you something which relaunched the RPG, it will be very nice to have as much story and gameplay as class, so when we will start a new game with another class, we'll discover an all new part of the universe with a specific story, other missions, and goals, and, why not the possibility to undergo our passed acts commited in another game with another character. if it's too difficult to carry out, please don't do as in DE:HR, so adapt the boss to our choice of gameplay, give us an all new divin experience that we've never known. I apologize for my english skill, i hope it's understandable.

Hi,i'm architecture student, i love sci-fi,
my attention on video games is only focused on :
Story ( no linear and whit choices and consequences ) ,
Loacation ( Open World, possibility to travel to ather neighborhoods via car, train, motor bike)
Tecnology ( up-grade augmented, interchangeable prosthesis, )
Charecter ( possibility to choices Female or Male toon whit a deep customizing )
and
on
narrative element like dialogue, choices, romance, so the game-play is the last part for me.

I prefer single player experience, co-op or multy-player not is important for me,

its a good element the Engine Editor for support a modder Community

Things other than Alt and Rache ;)

- Netrunning with the VR implementation
Including adding to the fairly basic pnp data fortress concept
Allow us to craft Netrunning programs
- Game Modding support via REDkit and Steam Workshop from Day 1, if that means a separation between Single player and any multi player you have in mind that's fine, let us take on our single player worlds to our own places, and lock down multiplayer as you wish.
- Consideration to some of the long term societal affects of the events described in CyberGeneration and the Carbon Plague

- Make abilities and skills not just combat centric - CP2020 comes with an Attractiveness stat,etc. for this kind of reason - where it makes sense to do so

And keep doing the good work you've done so far with the existing Lore

P.S. bring back Alt and Rache, and the other legends of CP in some form..... You know it makes sense

Make the combat and stealth be dependant mainly of the AI, thus making dumber AI for easy difficulty or early enemies, and making the last enemies as intelligent as possible.

AI is EVERYTHING in singleplayer games with firearms.
AI is important, indeed, but if you make early enemies very dumb, it will actually lead to frustration, as the players will think that the AI suxx (which will be true, lol...) and the game may become far too easy. This will actually create a bad first impression. Also, in case of cRPGs, there is a fine balance between the importance of the plater's reflexes and the character's attributes/skills. If you turn the game into an FPS, then character progression will become secondary at best.

Moreover, it's perfectly natural that stronger enemies can afford better augmentations and equipment and thus are less vulnerable to low-level players. The chick from the teaser was only scratched by the bullets.

Personally, I hope for a good locational damage system. Too many cRPGs rely on a single HP stat IMO, which make things not very realistic and predictable, as combat becomes a pure who-deals-most-DPS-endeavour.

I read some thing about the PnP but I am not an expert so lore wise I am going to trust CDP. Other things that I expect are.

- Female and Male protagonist with a solid CC aka option that do not reflect only the traditional gender bias nor ethnic. And give the same amount of body type or at least do the triangular slider with percentage of muscle and fat. On this subject the clothes for each gender should at least have the same base as Skyrim, depending on the gender there a little changes but nothing unrealistic or utter ridicule.

- Third person view because this is a RPG about style too and I would like to see my character, also would hope the devs do not relay on a cover system. Yes it could exist but give people alternatives for more aggressive or defensive gameplays. There could be first person view too but that is a complement of the combat and not the exploration.

- Having alternative routes to complete quests and objectives, since this is a open world I think this is a big thing. The possibility go to rooftops a little like Assassin Creed and so on, go trough the sewers or a more direct approach depending what class you are.

- If there is going to be boss fights please none of the QTE type, since the boss are going to be probably persons most of the time, at least give us choices in dialogue to avoid them or some other imaginative stuff. PS: Avoid QTE at all cost.

- Better facial animation and more smooth, in the witcher 2 Geralt kinda look a little awarded turning or starting to move again, more variety, for example if I am playing a type of executive guy I hope he not going to walk the same way as the rock star guy, the same if I am playing a police officer I hope she does not walk the same way as playing a nomad.

- Make the mini games more organic like give the feeling that I am actually hacking something or picking a lock without over simplifying them.

- Make one class at least with a more family oriented origin like having parents, brothers and so on. If you do some kinda of romance sub-plot please, please do not make it chicle and utter unrealistic and do not get stick by only one sexuality.

- alternative ways other than violence. Persuasion, manipulation, stealth, exploration....etc. Encourage players to use their brains and not take killing lightly. Make it so that mass violence has an impact and consequences. Alternate ways should be especially prominent in non-violence based classes, which should be there (like corporate or fixer).

- facial animations. The ones in TW2 were good, but you can do better!

- Great, multi-faceted varied characters of all genders and sexualities.

- Corporate politics!

- Of course choices and consequences. But I'd like more micro-choices in addition to the "big decisions." Little things like wearing a certain armor influencing how a character would react to you, being say more suspicious if you are armed to the teeth. Alpha Protocol toyed with the idea and I htink one can take it a bit further. Make the world react not only to your big choices, but also small details.

I would just like to stress aesthetic detail as opposed to graphical detail. Where graphics are well and good, I really want to see the detail put into how the graphics are used. Lots of scenery and things that make the world come alive. If an area is supposed to look run down and slummy. Then please, add scenery to bring this to life. Debris, homeless people, garbage, small poorly maintained streets, riots, etc. So many games fail to do so.

Aside from this, Customization. Things like weapon modifications, armor modifications, implants, and so forth. Visual modifications as well as some non-visual ones would be nice. Namely like armor having added shoulder armor or knee guards added on, maybe a visor if it's a helmet. Something like that I think would be pretty neat.

Other than that I like a lot of the ideas already posted here. Keep it close to the RPG genre, there's enough Action-Adventure with RPG elements games out there, we don't need more hybrids that detract from the meat and bones of a true RPG.

I hope you guys stick true to CP2020 wherever possible. It is a great setting with a lot of character. For example, Roles vs Classes is an important distinction in my eyes. Judging by what you guys have shown so far, I'm going to assume you are intimately familiar with CP2020 but in case others aren't:

Roles are not classes. All Roles do is give you a list of 10 skills (including a skill unique to the Role) that you can start with, and your starting money. Classes in games limit you to certain skills/abilities, while Roles just give you a starting point for the most part. Your Fixer could be a drug dealer or weapon's smuggler, or just a member of the Vice Squad in the City Police Department, or maybe a Supply Officer in the military. Same role, vastly different characters.

I hope all the Roles are included, even the Rockerboy. Some of them will be difficult to implement at first glance. For example, the Corporate or the Nomad special abilities could be tricky, since they tend to involve a lot of NPCs.

Combat I hope would stay as deadly as it is. You get hit without body armor and you are going down. The multiple Mortality levels would be nice too, as it means you aren't necessarily having to reload a save. You could wake up a week later in the game or something and owe a massive debt to the Trauma Team company since you didn't have the cash to pay them. They have ways of collecting...

And please have the Trauma Team and REO Meatwagon competign with one another! Firefights between ambulances/rescue teams fighting over the aftermath of another firefight are so deliciously Cyberpunk.

The Initiative boosting cyberimplants could slow down time so you can 'react faster'.

Honestly, i just want everything. To me this makes most sense as a single player game, with different story arcs possible depending on your Role. You can easily add more major story arcs later as DLC options and by (hopefully) enabling modders.

In my imagination I see this as becoming a game of epic scope, similar to how large The Elder Scroll games became. Leaving it largely open-ended with multiple stories possible for the different roles (do you work for the mob, the police, a corporation? Which corp and which gangs?). There is plenty of source material from the original RPG that you can take and put in, though some of the missions tend to be globe trotting.

Oh and Boostergangs. Gotta have 'em all. Be real cool if you could join any of them and take over territory and build a criminal empire. The thing with Cyberpunk is the world is corrupt, violent, and dark. So the good guys can't ever truly win, but the sorta bad guys can make a dent. No total domination should be possible as there are too many players (as in actors).

I could go on forever but that's probably enough for now....

Ton of good idea :) ... I want to add something, that i've never seen in a videogame, but would be the difference. When i play videogames, all videogame, none exception, something ruin the atmosphere, the png... in the normal videogames(like the witcher,skyrim,deus ex, gta, eccc) they act just around you, your character is the centre of gravity of all the moving on a city, killer want kill just you, policeman hunt just you, casual explosion hit just you, car crashes in front of you, thief steal just your things, no other "hero", just you... this is quite irrealistic, and annoying. The cities are dead, you are the only things that make them alive, png are doing nothing. I would instead add some peripheral elements that make the city an alive organism. Let's imagine we are walking around the city, in normal game, suddendly happens to you( like policemen/assassins running behind you), but it's predictable, obvious, already seen. Why not creating situation where we are just spectator?!?!... we are walking around the city, and suddendly, we hear the sirens of police , a black car is flying across the street hounded by 2 vehicles of the agents, now we can decide what to do... go along undisturbed and continue our tasks, or get involved siding one or other faction... some hour later, we found the fact on the TG news, or maybe we see the black car crashed or others! ...This is just an example, but exist thousand of situation that could contibute to make alive the city... spotting explosion on the other side of the city and being able to choose what to do( go see what happened, or go along with my task), and maybe seeing the consequences in the next days. I think that in a real and credible city, would be a lot of affaires not linked to us, but tangibles. Recreating this kind of sensation, will make this game more involving. Think about it!!! ;)

Thanks for making the dream true.
colleague of mine made a PC tool for real time hacking in the 90s - fun :)
i hope youll have more luck than shadowrun (At least that P&P was decent "offshoot" :p)
my wish: a multiplayer addon for a) co op or b) two groups of runners trying to a reach a punked goal first.

Exploration

- I want a layered element to it. Night City is designed vertically, so I hope we can gain vantage points on building tops as well as muck about in the sewers.

-a massive sense of scale ala Hard Reset. ( talking visuals here), and the ability to explore far and wide.

-a tall order, but I want to be able to enter lots of buildings at random.

-both a public transit systems and our own means of fast travel, perhaps our own cyberbike. :cool:

C&C

-Witcher games are the template here. Nuanced dialog, grey morality, tough decisions that can bite us in the ass hours later.

Art design

-so far I like what I see, but I'd like even more detail in character concepts and armor. The city looks great and I hope there are distinct districts that are visually unique: rich and poor areas, abandoned and decaying quarters, corporate high rises, etc.

Gameplay

-single player only please.

-I hope it's TP camera. Want to see my character and I like TP combat, but don't do popamole cover system!

-extensive melee system, including blades. Different martial arts to specialize in.

-stealth gameplay.

-non-violent solutions to conflict.

-flexible skill trees.

-gadgets, gadgets and more gadgets.

For a sand box game I'd love to see a player fed market where items can be researched and built off of blueprints that are seeded/copied from in game resources as well as the ability for players to find/provide the base materials/resources to each other to supply said market.

A persistent single instance of night city (no sharding) where players can form up into corps/gangs/coalitions etc and secure permanent residence (permanent not to read invulnerable).

Some kind of territory control where players can claim control of a certain area and safer zones in night city for new players.

If it's to be a true sand box the players/characters need to feel like they own something of the game and need to feel a sense of loss when their character gets wasted in combat. Skills should also train in real world time with bonuses applied for implants, drugs, etc...

Have more ideas, but am ultimately looking forward to the game and beta testing phases.

About the game
- I'd really love to choose the sex of the character, with a little face / body modifying, not too much thou, it ain't The Sims:eek:.
- mini games :) Cyber-dice poker, Cyber-boxing, maybe cyber-racing?
- maybe some vechicles or atleast a jet pack?
- it can be assumed, there will be body implants to buy for XPs/money, so it'd be nice to dvelop into white weapon fighting or shooting, like in the Witcher 2 - sword / signs, 2 diffrent ways of playing to choose.
- Although it will be a mature story - tons of dark humor, easter eggs and references to cyberpunk pop culture, movies, games.
- Portal / Gravity Gun? It's the future, isn't it?
- Bullet Time? Active / slow motion pause.

Not-exactly about the game:
- The Witcher had a card game and a flash game, will Cyberpunk 2077 have it's own paper-pen/card/board version? As an add-on to the 2020 etc?
- I loved the idea of Hitman: Sniper Challenge - you play the mini game before the actual game and you can then place some gianed objects / money into the full game. That would be lovely and it would solve a demo (can I run this game on my PC...) version problem.
- Or - a character editor that would be released before CP20077, you create your character, if your PC is fast enough, it'll run the editor, then you just buy and install the game, load up your avatar and play. I think it's faster than creating a full size demo.
- As a CDProjekt RED tradition - Thomas Bagiński intro/outro and an Enhanced Edition

Agree with most of suggestions. Some more to add:
- Living world - system similar to Guild Wars dynamic events where there are several states of the world defined (for example between some gang groups) and depending on the state different actions happen (ex. open fight, sabotage, making alliances ect.). So things change on a grander stale and depending on it function differently on a smaller scale like in a Leage of Legends concept (ex. skirmish <-> tower assault/defense <-> base assault/defense).
- Lots of Blade Runner, GhostInTheShell etc. easter eggs
- Good facial animations
- Good modding tools very shortly after game release.
- Ambiance: small critters (rats, bugs, etc.), wind moving little objects
- Look modifiers: cosmetic implants, wardrobe, hair-dresser, make-up studio

Many... many things...

1. No invisible walls. If I can figure out a way to get to it, I should be rewarded/punished. I shouldn't get slapped in the face by an invisible wall telling me I can't jump over a handrail. If I want to climb a building, let me. True freedom.
2. Hidden goodies. Exploration should be rewarded. Hard to get to locations should have goodies. Super hard to get to places should have super goodies. None of this should be tied to any sort of achievement system. Then it feels like work.
3. An expansive customization system that allows us more customization than just upping stats and changing items listed on a sheet. If we get an arm upgrade, I want to have lots of options and I want to SEE it.
4. A good main story that is LONG. By long, I don't mean 40 hours. I mean 100 hours. I would love it to be immersive and compelling and interesting. I'd also love it to have multiple branches like the original Deus Ex. We should have numerous different options that have major story impacts and can create numerous and drastically different game endings.
5. COMPANIONS! They can be totally awesome, but only if they're not the mindless "I'MA HIT IT!" companions like in Bethesda games. Give 'em personalities and make 'em do more than simply follow us around.
6. Intricate moral decisions that actually have a large impact on people's perception of you, but not the sort of system that if I kill a person in cold blood in the sewers, everyone in the city instantly knows I'm a more evil person. Those moral decisions need a chance to spread and slowly.
7. An actual mercantile system that consists of more than "click item to buy, click buy, math happens, move on." Give us chances to haggle, to befriend or intimidate merchants, to steal from them, to try and cheat them out of their money and for them to do the same to us.
8. A lively game world. Too often the PC is the only dynamic force in the game. Give those NPCs more freedom. Give them more to do. Give us random events. Make more stuff happen than just what we do.
9. If you're going to put in intense character customization through sliders, tabs, bars, options, etc, don't force us to hide what we create through gear 15 minutes into the game, and if we do end up in stuff that hides what we look like, give us gear customization that lets us develop a style for ourselves.
10. This game has to be sexualized. It's part of the Cyberpunk setting. I know you guys can't put actual sex into the game because of ratings and public outrage, but if you've given us a robust mod system and put in the places where things like sex WOULD go, we can add it in ourselves.
11. Entertainment activities. Everything we do doesn't just have to be for gear, loot, money, items, faction, rep, etc. Why not just give us some fun things to do in game just for the atmosphere? What about the ability to buy tickets to a concert that we actually get to watch in-game? It doesn't HAVE to have tangible item or stat benefits. It can just be immersive and fun.
12. Speaking of fun, let us do things with our character just for the fun of it. Not all of the good or evil we do has to have rewards or repercussions.
13. No gimicky minigames. We're going to have hacking in this game, but the game mechanic we use to reach our goal of hacking needs to be representative of the actions we would be conceptually doing to hack into a system. Like if we're hacking into a computer, there's no sense in having us follow a Simon-like light and sound pattern. Deus Ex: Human Rev did a good job. Oblivion's lockpicking system was really good AND it was representative of the physical action you should expect your character to be doing.
14. Don't be afraid of complex and challenging systems, especially if there are appropriate rewards for mastering the system. At the same time, don't make them mandatory. If someone doesn't want to learn a complex game mechanic system, give them other options.
15. An inventory system that can't hold 15 suits of armor. Let's make it more realistic. That makes for a system that encourages thought and planning, not hoarding.
16. A character we can save and then export into a pen and paper sheet. And a system in which we can import a pen and paper character (after we've beaten the game once). Maybe I want to keep playing my character regardless of where I am.

I'd like to be able to create a Media character (for example) and be able to complete the game without needing tons of combat skills / weapons / offensive cyberware. We're not all Solos.

The best RPG in my opinion and that i ever player was Gothic 1. It had a story which changed depending on which decisions you made, a lot of different awesome armours and weapons, a good story and skills combined with leveling.
And that's what I would like to see again. Also I love the ideas of:

- Realistic demage (as mentioned before)
Every explosion, shot, etc. has a result. If i shoot somebodys leg he will fall on the ground and crawl his way back to cover.

- Reactions of people
If you run around with a drawn gun and a huge armour people will avoid and stare at you.

- Rise from a little fish to a big known *whatever you will become*
This combined with new techs, weapons, armours, locations, unknown quests....

- Hard work for good gear
You need to do something pretty difficult if you want to get a better gun for example. Situations like in Skyrim are frustrating you go into a huge cave and
fight everybody inside and in the end you only get 5 gold. Also it makes you feel your gear is something worth.

- An open world enviroment with enemies seperating the areas
A world which is open and you can explore everything from the beginning isn't teasing but when you progress step by step exploring more and more you will
always want to get further.

- Friends
A simple thing that can change a game. Friends CAN make a difference if they are used wisely (Not like "Cousin wanna go bowling ?"). But if you give them
a real character with a background story, unexpected behavior in some situation (maybe connected to their background story) and real feeling for other
characters or for the player depending on what you did.

- PC only
Some already mentioned it but i think it should be mentioned more these days! Videogames are suffering under the control of consoles because of the lack
of hardware, buttons, community work (as in skyrim), "smooth" mouse input, etc.

- A simple nearly missing HUD
Many games are trashing the player with unnecessary information and you can't see anything with an overloaded screen

- Destructable environment (if its possible)
A destructable environment would give the game a huge amount of athmosphere and if the desctruction made by an explosion the day before would be repaired
by cityworkers which are like: "Aww I hate these gangs running around and destroying everything. :mad: And guess whos gonna clean this mess up."

- Populated City (Cities?)

- Random events
Like a party (with awesome music), a demonstration, a streetfight between groups, a police action "cleaning" the streets...

- Vehicles
Like hoverbikes, hovercars, normal cars (for poor people), maybe boats if water is in the gameworld, atv's and a great number of variation of these. Not always
same yellow hovercar.

- Violence
Please don't censore yourself too many games have fallen to a "You shot his foot - he's dead" mentality

- Minigames
Something like an old pac-man console in an old pub in the streets

- Electronic damage
Viruses, EMP Granades (if you throw an EMP granade at a cyborg only his robotic parts won't funcion anymore), electric shocks, etc.

- Lighting
The best possible lighting and don't be afraid to use realy dark areas like abandoned apartments where you need a flashlight or if you already have it your
cyborg eye abilities.

That's it for today. I hope you will read it and it contains something useful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom